PDA

View Full Version : PSU deluxe pack available to preorder (PS2/PC, JP)

Nash
Feb 11, 2006, 02:13 PM
I was just checking my preorder with Play-Asia from ages ago was still intact, and found they are offering the Sega Direct PSU DX pack. They are charging quite a premium for it (it's $109 as opposed to $65), but you do get quite a lot extra:

Tshirt (S, M, L or XL)
The artwork book and soundtrack CD
And that cool little Pete phonestrap we saw before:
http://image1.play-asia.com/350/PA.56437.002.jpg

So this is a good way of ensuring you get the extras if you want them, I haven't seen anyone else offering them. Link here for anyone who's interested:

Link (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-37-d36bd3a53a58dd0665b489a68e1f8153-71-99-49-en-15-phantasy%2Bstar%2Buniverse.html)

- -
Edit: saving table size

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-02-11 17:22 ]</font>

Ryna
Feb 11, 2006, 03:02 PM
That is a nice find Nash. Now I don't have to go through the trouble of getting a JP person to order the Sega Direct version.

Would you consider Play-Asia to be a reliable online store?

Nash
Feb 11, 2006, 04:13 PM
Yes, I've ordered a few things from them in the past and never had a problem.

Lord_DS
Feb 11, 2006, 04:17 PM
huh, there is only an ps2 offer?

Nash
Feb 11, 2006, 04:22 PM
Hmmm, they might not have added the PC version of the deluxe pack to their system yet. Sega Direct lists it, so there definitely is one.

You could try contacting Play-Asia about it:

https://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/21-49-en.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-02-11 13:23 ]</font>

Ryna
Feb 11, 2006, 04:25 PM
I was just reading over some reviews of Play-Asia. It seems that in some instances, they want you to email them some scans of your driver's license and credit card. That is a big turn-off.

Lord_DS
Feb 11, 2006, 04:27 PM
They might add it indeed, i remember they listed the game for ps2 and it took a certain time for them to list the PC v.

But ill need a ps2 and a pc v, so its finally not a pb for me. Ty for let us know about this, its really great we can get this pack!!

Nash
Feb 11, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-02-11 13:25, Ryna wrote:
I was just reading over some reviews of Play-Asia. It seems that in some instances, they want you to email them some scans of your driver's license and credit card. That is a big turn-off.

Yeah, I wouldn't do that either. I think that would only be if you are a new customer and for larger amounts than this though, like consoles.

You can also pay by Paypal as well if you have an account which wouldn't need anything like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-02-11 13:34 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 11, 2006, 07:37 PM
On 2006-02-11 13:25, Ryna wrote:

Sounds a bit illegal to me. I wouldnt recommend anyone doing that. A legitimate shop would be able to run a background check on the credit card, see the person is of legal age & therefore, wouldnt need an ID. I really dont like that idea of Play-Asia's one bit.

Nash
Feb 11, 2006, 08:20 PM
On 2006-02-11 16:37, OdinTyler wrote:
Sounds a bit illegal to me. I wouldnt recommend anyone doing that. A legitimate shop would be able to run a background check on the credit card, see the person is of legal age & therefore, wouldnt need an ID. I really dont like that idea of Play-Asia's one bit.

It's to protect against identity theft, stolen credit-card numbers etc. To prove you physically have the credit-card you are using, and that the credit card belongs to you. It's not that uncommon to protect against internet fraud, but companies usually only do it if a new customer suddenly makes an order for hundreds of dollars.

Play-Asia is one of the 2 biggest videogames exporters in Hong Kong, along with Lik-Sang, there really is nothing to worry about. Just check out the number of people who use it on places such as Gaming Age.

I doubt it would even be required in this case anyway as it's not a huge amount.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-02-11 17:52 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 12, 2006, 12:16 AM
What i do know is that NCSX had problems for months after the episode 4 release of blue burst. Play asia had problems as well with a 1-2 week delay.

When I did my first import, i went with a company called TheRage, they got it to me days after release on gamecube. However they don't do PC software and PSU is currently not listed for PS2.

Himeya I eventually went with for my import afte NCSX messed up my order for ep 4. I'd reccomend them.

King_Rappy
Feb 12, 2006, 12:50 AM
If you have a normal pre-order, does it still come with the extras? And can you pay with a US credit card if you have it ship to a Japanese address?

Tystys
Feb 12, 2006, 01:36 AM
I don't think the normal preorder will have all the goodies.