PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about the partner machinery

TheWildJoker
Feb 12, 2006, 01:29 PM
do you guys think that the last stage of the machinery will be a lady droid always? or do u think theyre will be other types of formations for the last stage. because i only see that girl on every last stage for the partner machinery mag.

Dhylec
Feb 12, 2006, 01:42 PM
Well, a cute little maid android is nice & all, but I think it's not the only humanoid form.
Seeing PM is an advanced implementation/overhaul of mag, I'd like to think ST isn't too limited when it comes to final evolutions/forms. Also, this is just a preview of what we should be expecting. ST can't show us all the final forms yet.
I, as well as many others, like certain degree of spoiling, but anticipation & speculation are what drive the discussion here. I wouldn'td be surprise to see other humanoid PMs in the future. ;]

Atayin
Feb 12, 2006, 03:52 PM
I remember how cool and diverse final mag forms were in PSO, but they were never anywhere near as impressive as a humanoid android.

I wonder how awesome some of the Mag evolutions will be. Yet another thing to be excited about in PSU.

Saraphim
Feb 12, 2006, 04:54 PM
I'm sure there are other forms, and I wouldn't be surprised if some were not even Humanoid. Like the Pioneer Mags for JP and all, there is no telling what all they have in store for us.

OdinTyler
Feb 12, 2006, 06:34 PM
For the most part, the Elenor PM was shown. However, in the newest trailer, a red colored PM similar to (but not exactly like) Elenor was in Ethan's room. Proof that there will be a few forms or customization.

Rain_1
Feb 12, 2006, 06:46 PM
I just hope they're not Elenor-like characters...

What if i want to make a kickass mini-gundam? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Well, i prolly wouldn't.. But i'm not really into the maid-thing...

The question is: can i have more than one partner machine (yes, i would be able to only bring one out with me), pretty much like i can have a thousand mags?

Ryna
Feb 12, 2006, 06:51 PM
On 2006-02-12 15:46, Rain_1 wrote:
The question is: can i have more than one partner machine (yes, i would be able to only bring one out with me), pretty much like i can have a thousand mags?

At this point, we don't know whether you can have more than one PM.

OdinTyler
Feb 12, 2006, 07:03 PM
Im sure you can have more than 1 PM. What if you screw up 1 youre raising? Gotta be able to raise others. Its just you cant have more than 1 equipped/with you at 1 time. As for the look, PARTNER would indicate humanoid shape, however they seem to be residential partners so they may be dressed as servants by default: maids, butlers, etc. To fix this, lets just hope you can customize the look of your PM, not just its abilities as it will have certain abilities based on how you raise it.

SabZero
Feb 13, 2006, 08:19 AM
I find the fact that the partner machine ends up humanoid a bit... kinky. If you know what I mean http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

A pet would be much more to my liking (or a robot, yeah).

F-o-x
Feb 13, 2006, 10:39 AM
I thought I was the only one along that train of thought... Alas I have been cursed with a perverted and dirty mind. Its good to know I'm not alone.

Yep can't wait to have cute little PM maid all alone with me in my... Ahem, forgive me. I seem to have forgotten myself for a moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2006-02-13 07:39 ]</font>

SabZero
Feb 13, 2006, 01:23 PM
On 2006-02-13 07:39, F-o-x wrote:
I thought I was the only one along that train of thought... Alas I have been cursed with a perverted and dirty mind. Its good to know I'm not alone.
Yeah, ha ha ha! Maybe a Mini-Me would be funny though *puts pinky to side of mouth*

Atayin
Feb 13, 2006, 01:41 PM

Yep can't wait to have cute little PM maid all alone with me in my... Ahem, forgive me. I seem to have forgotten myself for a moment.

Hah!
Well, I honestly don't think it's that perverted or dirty to be along that train of thought. The same thought crossed my mind.

I chuckled when I saw Ethan's partner machinery turn into a cute female robot whose sole purpose is to do his bidding. I think any even slightly unsheltered soul would look at that and say "Hmmmmmmmmmm" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Spacepest
Feb 13, 2006, 05:58 PM
On 2006-02-13 10:41, Atayin wrote:

Hah!
Well, I honestly don't think it's that perverted or dirty to be along that train of thought. The same thought crossed my mind.

I chuckled when I saw Ethan's partner machinery turn into a cute female robot whose sole purpose is to do his bidding. I think any even slightly unsheltered soul would look at that and say "Hmmmmmmmmmm" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

LOL, when I saw a pic of Ethan's "evolved" partner machinery I thought a few things:

1. Its a mini Elenor maid! Kinky.
2. Pete is a girl?
3. I hope all evolved partner machines don't turn into mini maid robots. There would just be something wierd about a tiny mini robot humanoid following around my future newman constantly staring at her butt all day.
4. If Ethan gets a female maid partner machinery, I can see it all now...the real reason we get the online mode is because after Ethan unlocks his new maid robot, he suddenly no longer has a desire to leave his room and go out and adventure anymore, thus ending the offline portion of the game. Everyone else (that's us) needs to pick up the slack now that Ethan is occupied.

therealAERO
Feb 13, 2006, 10:28 PM
Ahhahahahaaaaaaa I like the way you think!!!

Tystys
Feb 13, 2006, 11:26 PM
OMFG
THE LITTLE MAID IS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL! GET YOUR MIND OF THE GUTTER! ETHAN ISN"T A PEDO!
AND HE'S NOT GAY EITHER!
OK, that one night with Hyuga was REALLY weird, BUT IT WAS A ONE TIME THING!

Atayin
Feb 13, 2006, 11:49 PM
On 2006-02-13 20:26, Tystys wrote:
OMFG
THE LITTLE MAID IS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL! GET YOUR MIND OF THE GUTTER! ETHAN ISN"T A PEDO!
AND HE'S NOT GAY EITHER!
OK, that one night with Hyuga was REALLY weird, BUT IT WAS A ONE TIME THING!

Tystys, I'm extremely dissapointed..
Are you insulting the vertically challenged?!?!
Just because Ethan's robo-maid is dimminutive does not make her a child. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif
Robo-maids need lovin just like everyone else. Even if they are dwarves. Shame on you.

...and Hyuga? Ew

..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

_Tek_
Feb 14, 2006, 01:11 AM
I'm certain they'll all have different evolutions depending on what items you feed them.

I bet there will be different types, just like the mags were. But in this game it could be like a mag high in mind and def or something. Hopefully they'll make a different version for each stat combination. It could be just like the mags were.

I probably wont want to raise one until I know what I want, after getting some guides and stuff.

gokruel
Feb 14, 2006, 08:50 AM
[quote]

there was alot of people that thought the same when we first saw the PM and i bet the thought crossed nearly everyones mind.

OdinTyler
Feb 14, 2006, 10:43 AM
You guys are sick. LOL Besides...shes a robot. It wouldnt work...DUH! And actually, the first thought that crossed my mind was it would be great to have a partner in battle. Even when I feel bored, I can still go group with my robot partner. Ive seen a vid where the PM battled. It rocked!

DeathMachine
Feb 15, 2006, 12:02 AM
It would be cool if they gave the option to turn the PM into one of the classes from PSO. I want to bring my old HUcast back.

(And it would be odd if a Cast male had a little girl PM. Reminds me of that character from the Recollection of Meira.)

Kupi
Feb 15, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-02-14 07:43, OdinTyler wrote:
You guys are sick. LOL Besides...shes a robot. It wouldnt work...DUH!

You never saw that one comic...?

Er... I disavow ever having seen it myself. I have no idea what I'm talking about. Move along now. >_>

On topic: the thing I'm most worried about about taking your PMs into battle is that they might stay too close to your heels. How autonomous will they wind up being? If I raise its DEF and POW, will it draw fire and take hits for my frail caster fellow, or will it always hang close and never engage the enemy unless it's too late anyway?

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 12:18 PM
On 2006-02-14 22:02, Kupi wrote:
You never saw that one comic...?

Er... I disavow ever having seen it myself. I have no idea what I'm talking about. Move along now. >_>

On topic: the thing I'm most worried about about taking your PMs into battle is that they might stay too close to your heels. How autonomous will they wind up being? If I raise its DEF and POW, will it draw fire and take hits for my frail caster fellow, or will it always hang close and never engage the enemy unless it's too late anyway?

In the words of Eric Cartman:

"Stan. You need to lay off the cough syrup. Seriously. Im worried about ya, man."

Anyway, the little bit Ive seen of the PMs in battle, I dont think theyll stand there & take hits. Theyre pretty much going to attack when in a certain proximity range. It could be based on how its raised. You might want to think how youre going to raise it. If youre an upfront fighter, you might want a PM that will shoot from a distance. I did notice once that when Ethan wasnt attacking, the Elenor PM was closeby & started attacking independently. As a Force, Id recommend a melee or ranger PM for you. Id also recommend raising your own def if you can.

Kupi
Feb 15, 2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah, it's the proximity I'm talking about. It hardly matters if my PM is designed to be a miniature tank to help my Force out if they won't actually run out and start whacking things. If they just stand next to me and attack when something gets close, my limp Newman flesh is at just as much risk as if the PM weren't there.

hypersaxon
Feb 15, 2006, 02:46 PM
I never even thought about that kind of thing before. It would be pretty nice to be able to program your PM to use different behaviors in battle, kinda like how you're able to in Story Mode with your allies that fight with you. Like, you could tell your PM to tank, or stay back and shoot, or perhaps even heal if it's possible.

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 03:08 PM
Idk if you program it to do certain things based on commands or its been prepped based on how you raise it. I do know that it will attack for you & it seems to be use weps that you can easily equip too. Makes it easier to hold extra weps when your PM wields 1 or 2 of your extras. I wonder if we'll get an update soon on how PMs function in battle?

hypersaxon
Feb 15, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah, that'd be nice if you could have your PM hold items for you, then if your inventory got full you could just give items to your PM and then keep grabbing more items. You could make some nice money that way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 03:22 PM
Well, from what I get of nanotracing, your items become compact. Id think you could then beam them to your room (if theres space). Idk if you can, just conjecture. It would be nice tho. I was just thinking that since your PM can wield a wep or 2, you could give it any extras you might find so it can wield. That way it wouldnt be completely defenseless.

hypersaxon
Feb 15, 2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah, that'd be really cool if you could send items to your room, then walk back and forth from your room to a nearby shop to sell a boatload of stuff without having to use Telepipes and Ryuker a bunch of times.

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 04:25 PM
But then what happens if your room is full? Does it bounce back? Is it lost? That in itself is a concern. LOL Maybe the PM can handle a small load. That would be sweet if it could, once in humanoid form. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Buddichan
Feb 15, 2006, 04:59 PM
I thought the nanotracing stuff was just their answer to the age-old gaming question of "Where the heck are they keeping all that stuff!?"

Be cool if it was more than that though...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

hypersaxon
Feb 15, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-02-15 13:25, OdinTyler wrote:
But then what happens if your room is full? Does it bounce back? Is it lost? That in itself is a concern. LOL Maybe the PM can handle a small load. That would be sweet if it could, once in humanoid form. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

If your room was full, you'd probably just get an error message saying "Inventory is full" or something like that. And it wouldn't transfer.

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 05:44 PM
Well yeah, thats most likely the case. We dont need any 'Star Trek transporter' mishaps where things are lost in the infinity of deep space, simply because they didnt materalize where they shouldve.