PDA

View Full Version : Sonic the Hedgehog 2

InfinityXXX
Feb 13, 2006, 10:21 PM
To get this, one is going to have to remember Sonic the Hedgehog 2,I know this is out there, but I just feel really dumb...

On the last stage of sonic the hedgehog 2(death egg), where you fight the giant robot robotnik, I have always hated since I was a little kid cause it was so damn hard for every time I tried to attack him, I'll land on his spiky hands. Then when I got older I found a technique where I'll wait for his spiky hand to move back and then attack and I beat him for the first time but it took a long time and it took so much concentration that ever since then I've always turned off my genesis when I get to the death egg stage.

But just a few minutes ago I was playing my genesis and I found out something......an easier way to beat him in about 2 minutes that had been in my eyes ever since I was little kid........every time robotnik flies in the air and lands, he leans his stomach down so you can attack his head, which means you can attack him without worrying about his spiky hands.......................I feel dumb.....yet relieved. I had always consiered that boss one of the hardest bosses that I've ever fought in a game.

Yeah, has anyone ever fought a boss in a game and later realize there was an easier way to beat the boss?

Squall179
Feb 13, 2006, 10:46 PM
Yes

Megaman X

Sigma 1st form

For years I would try to jump over him, btu I found out a week later that you could just cling to the wals, and drop down to get a hit on him as he passes ou when you drop when he begins goign form wall to wall

PhotonDrop
Feb 13, 2006, 10:57 PM
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - all Dark World bosses ( XD )

Megaman X - Sigma. (Hadoken!)

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Cutlass

Def Jam: Fight for New York - Crow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dre_o
Feb 13, 2006, 11:09 PM
Most of the bosses from Tales of Symphonia.

Besides that, Baal, from Diablo 2 EXP. Annoying demonic bastard.

Tystys
Feb 13, 2006, 11:11 PM
Ninja Gaiden, First three bosses, -_-.

Daikarin
Feb 14, 2006, 12:42 PM
Sonic & Knuckles. I found out I could boost Super Sonic while he was flying in space. I DID spend a lot of time avoiding the asteroids and catching rings, wondering how much longer it was gonna take.

Tact
Feb 14, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-02-13 20:09, Dre_o wrote:
Most of the bosses from Tales of Symphonia.

I kicked all of their asses. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Except (actual spoiler here) Abyssion. That guy ticks me off.

Charmander02
Feb 14, 2006, 05:36 PM
Hardest boss for me was the last boss on Spiderman for N64...i never could beat him...but then again i was only 8.

Akdov
Feb 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
Dark Link from Zelda II was hard but I found that by using the Spell "Jump" I could time my Attacks better and now I can beat Zelda II 3 times in a row in a single afternoon.

InfinityXXX
Feb 14, 2006, 06:35 PM
On 2006-02-14 09:42, Daikarin wrote:
Sonic & Knuckles. I found out I could boost Super Sonic while he was flying in space. I DID spend a lot of time avoiding the asteroids and catching rings, wondering how much longer it was gonna take.

Lol, when I first did that level I died because I didn't know you can boost, I then died again cause I din't know you were suppose to direct the missles to the robot to hurt it.

Rei-San
Feb 14, 2006, 07:06 PM
SPOILER AHEAD!

Tales of Symphonia: Abyssion

Get to a High level(80's or 90's) then use an all-divide. (Like the one you get from the Sand Worm)

Solstis
Feb 14, 2006, 07:12 PM
On 2006-02-13 19:57, PhotonDrop wrote:

Bosses are usually the easiest part of the dungeons.

That is, after you have a post-death "ohhhhh."

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 14, 2006, 07:24 PM
There are many bosses i have fought but i have a couple. Sonic Adventure Battle 2: (GC) the Bio Lizard.
metroid prime: (GC) Meta Ridley
Super Metroid: (SNES) kraid
Prince of Persia 2: (GC) second fight with empress of Time... on the Gryphon platform.
This is embarrassing.... PSO ep.1&2: Ultimate Olga Flow and ultimate Dark Falz. I never reached flow and couldn't pass first form of Falz on 2 player (levels 109 & 125)i won't stop playing til i kill them.
Halo Combat evolved: (not really a boss) the last level, the part where you race the warthog out of the ship... on legendary.
These are the hardest bosses ever.

fronebullare
Feb 14, 2006, 07:41 PM
seymore's third form in ffx.Him and that damn lance of anthropy....make'in zombies of me and what not...then using full-life.But then I got all my aeon's overdrive,and used haste/protect/reflect in that order and totally pwn him.

Sayara
Feb 14, 2006, 07:46 PM
On 2006-02-14 16:12, Solstis wrote:

On 2006-02-13 19:57, PhotonDrop wrote:

Bosses are usually the easiest part of the dungeons.

That is, after you have a post-death "ohhhhh."

the ohhhh made the battles. DEFENITLY.

Tact
Feb 14, 2006, 07:54 PM
On 2006-02-14 16:06, RayMaster wrote:
Tales of Symphonia: Abyssion

Get to a High level(80's or 90's) then use an all-divide. (Like the one you get from the Sand Worm)

Dude, were you here when they handed out the spoiler tags?

Kuea
Feb 14, 2006, 08:00 PM
Abyssion was godly easy >_>

3 friends who are all masters of ToS + me = pwned

plus I had my favorite weapon equipped for Llyod Presea and Regal~

>_>

<_<

you and your all-divides! those things suck XD

Neith
Feb 14, 2006, 08:06 PM
Bloodrayne's final boss fights (Wulf and the Demon (belial I think).

First time, I wasted Wulf, but as the fight progresses, the demon in the centre of the room slowly grows. When it gets too big, it shatters the castle you're in, and it's an instant game-over.

Tried over and over, then realised that I could waste my heavy ammo on the demon, then go crazy and Blood Rage attack Wulf. Slaughtered the fight once me and a friend figured out a decent strategy.

Oh, beating Mad Dog on Time Crisis was crazy without cheats. <3 Scorpion lightgun. Figured that fight out by doing the following:

Duck > Shoot > Wait > Shoot > Duck, and repeat that. It just got a lot faster later on when you're avoiding grenades too.

I guess the hardest boss fights Ive ever done though were Xan on Unreal Tournament, on Godlike difficulty. Damn, that was harsh. Ended up doing that using excessive dodging, and camping near the Invisibility, since he always went for it.

Also, the Dark Aeon fights on Final Fantasy X-2 (WITHOUT using Yojimbo ;_; ) -I still haven't done those, so I copied the file and did them with Yojimbo on the new file http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Easy way though to beat them (I can't, lack of money) is to have Auto-Phoenix in your characters, devote one character to casting Auto-Life, and against Bahamut, make sure you're Stoneproof. As long as he doesn't hit you with Impulse while you don't have auto-life, you'll be ok.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-02-14 17:09 ]</font>

Tystys
Feb 14, 2006, 08:08 PM
Oh yeah, I got another one.
DMC3, the shadow boss(stage 17). I spent half an hour trying to attack him, to no avail. Then I realised that I needed to use the little openings that have light in them to scare him, so he'd be vunerable.