PDA

View Full Version : PSU delayed again for Japan

EspioKaos
Feb 14, 2006, 11:43 PM
I hate to be the one to point this out, but according to the official PSU site, the game's Japanese release has been postponed once again. It was changed from 03.30.06 to an ambiguous 2006. SonicTeam's statement sums up the delay to needing more time to polish the game as well as add more stability to the online network. They apologize deeply for the delay and understand how frustrating it is for us as fans to have to see the game pushed back once again.

Ryna
Feb 14, 2006, 11:48 PM
That is very disappointing. I had some aside some vacation days at the start of April so I could play PSU.

Tomeeboy
Feb 15, 2006, 12:02 AM
Really interesting that the release goes from having a specific date attached to it, to just having a specific year attached to it... I wonder how, or if, this will effect the US release. If it's just last minute polishing & network optimization, I can't imagine there would be any reason to push the US release date back as well (seeing as how the dates are probably a good 5 months apart already).

Nash
Feb 15, 2006, 12:26 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I had a feeling this was coming after the soundtrack was delayed.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Inazuma
Feb 15, 2006, 12:35 AM
OMFG i am so upset

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 01:12 AM
Just a thought but maybe its something else. Maybe they DO read the sites, see the various reactions & theyre doing 1 of 2 things:

1. Pushing the JP release closer to Fall (like Summer maybe?) so that there isnt such a gap. Sorta like with PSO.
OR
2. Simultaneous release (yeah right!)

Im sure theyre working on the network (as they should). If theyre willing to put alot of work into online mode, as theyve clearly done alot for offline mode, PSU could turn out even better than PSO ever was. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

coomdoom
Feb 15, 2006, 02:11 AM
for all we know they could be adding a whole bunch of new online features/goodies for us so we have more to keep us entertained longer.

Polly
Feb 15, 2006, 04:52 AM
It's probably just a placeholder date, but himeyashop (Where I pre-ordered) is saying December 2006. I'm not sure if the game would seriously slip that far back, but it's just what they're reporting right now.

Kurushii
Feb 15, 2006, 05:20 AM
That sucks so bad that they would push it back again. My play-asia.com one is still stating shipping on or before Feb. 16th lol, and a release date of March 30th. My NCSX one is still the same with no update.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 15, 2006, 05:44 AM
the news is starting to filter down to the import shops. Excuse me while i try to get in contact with clumsy and see if he knows anything.

littleman2347
Feb 15, 2006, 06:23 AM
I hope all the delaying is worth it.

Yummi
Feb 15, 2006, 06:37 AM
Sadly this JP delay was no surprise to me either. I knew something was up when they kept shoving out the weekly pics of 'My Room', and 'My Room'/PM'updates. I really look foward to an update in "system".

Dre_o
Feb 15, 2006, 08:07 AM
Oh COME ON......this news burns my eyes....I just hope ST makes the wait worth while.

Espilonarge
Feb 15, 2006, 08:11 AM
I knew I smelt water burning. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif

Either way, atleast I get a chance to play other titles when there released without PSU taking most of my time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Speaking of other games, I've still gotta work on mine. c.c;

Tystys
Feb 15, 2006, 08:47 AM
WOW!
Talk about a low blow. If they delay it all the way to December, I'm just going to forget PSU, -_-.
If it comes out in December for America, bleh, I'll buy it, lol

Saffran
Feb 15, 2006, 09:07 AM
I didn't see it coming, but it doesn't matter to me. It's preordered and I WILL have found a job until the game is released...

Nisshoku
Feb 15, 2006, 09:46 AM
This is very much like waving a six-pack in front of an Alcoholic trying to quit. If Sega's trying to run it's fans into a frenzy, it's working.

I swear, they're forcing me to go into withdrawls for this game. @_@

DarK-SuN
Feb 15, 2006, 09:54 AM
This is indeed unfortunate... but not unexpected.
As long as they're tweaking and improving the online mode, I can forgive them.
The "2006" date with no specified day is what scares me, but I'm pretty positive it'll be worth the wait.
Maybe the US and EU dates won't be that far after the JP date after this.

Dhylec
Feb 15, 2006, 10:32 AM
Well, more delay, more waiting, more updates, more speculations, more discussions, more joy & more pain. ;D
I hope this second delay is well worth it. At least ST know the fans are waiting, with money, hopes & threats. ;]

lostinseganet
Feb 15, 2006, 11:48 AM
On 2006-02-14 20:43, EspioKaos wrote:
I hate to be the one to point this out, but according to the official PSU site, the game's Japanese release has been postponed once again. It was changed from 03.30.06 to an ambiguous 2006. SonicTeam's statement sums up the delay to needing more time to polish the game as well as add more stability to the online network. They apologize deeply for the delay and understand how frustrating it is for us as fans to have to see the game pushed back once again.

Is there any where on that site we can contact, and ask them to implement something? Since they are taking so much time. Maybe they can take some suggestions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lostinseganet on 2006-02-15 08:51 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 15, 2006, 12:04 PM
heh, it just wouldn't be Sonic Team without this kinda thing. Changing the date to simply '2006' is worrying though- let's hope it isn't too late in the year..

Still, it's a bit sickening with the delays this is getting, we're almost onto FFXII delays here... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 12:12 PM
Guys, youre not paying attention. They said the Japanese version was delayed. No mention if the others were delayed were they? Maybe its being pushed to have a closer release to the other versions? Til we know if the others are delayed, dont worry. If they are, then we storm Sega, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EspioKaos
Feb 15, 2006, 12:20 PM
On 2006-02-15 08:48, lostinseganet wrote:
Is there any where on that site we can contact, and ask them to implement something? Since they are taking so much time. Maybe they can take some suggestions.
Actually, yeah: PSU User's Voice (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/usersvoice.html).

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 12:46 PM
On 2006-02-15 09:20, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2006-02-15 08:48, lostinseganet wrote:
Actually, yeah: PSU User's Voice (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/usersvoice.html).

LOL Uh...I cant read that. How is one supposed to reply? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kupi
Feb 15, 2006, 01:26 PM
(untranslatable Japanese) to opinion please move aside of everyone demand. It was moved aside, many opinion demand (untranslatable Jananese) makes a better game. It is contributed and in wooden pail opinion it makes to everything future reference demand through the eye.
[ Notice ]
* it is contributed from the below-mentioned form and wooden pail opinion the answer for demand is unable to do. * Being gratuitous without owing the obligation such that as for plan and the idea etc. which are contributed, appraisal it examines & adopts proposition and/or makes secret, can utilize. Following, as for all propositions, in regard to agreement to send to this those which it receives to understand, because you handle, beforehand acknowledgement.

Looks like Babelfish's translation means something along the lines of "You can send us a request to implement something, but don't expect a reply. We don't guarantee that your idea will be used. Furthermore, if we do use your idea, it will be considered our property." Something like that.

The first field is labelled "Steering wheel name: [ ] As for input of autonym please be modest." I guess you're supposed to give them your name, nothing rude.

The next two fields are "Age" and "Gender" respectively, and finally, "Opinion demand: (Within 400 letters)"

I'm not sure how the system would handle English input, though...

DamonKatu
Feb 15, 2006, 01:35 PM
I CANT TAKE THE PRESSURE!! ARGH!! WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO RELEASE IT! ITS GOING TO BE CRAPPY AS FABLE IF THEY HOLD IT BACK TOO LONG! Well, maybe not that bad...

Atayin
Feb 15, 2006, 02:25 PM
I may just have to -TRY- and forget about PSU for a while. I'm not sure that I have the patience to wait so long.

If the Japanese PSU has been pushed to a general '06 release (as much as i hate to admit this), it could possibly even spell an early '07 release for the U.S., seeing as how we typically get games a month or so later. Best case scenario would be that for some reason, Japan wants to release it here first.. but I can't imagine why they'd do that without even barely promoting it. Just look at the english PSU site.. ugh.

Ryna
Feb 15, 2006, 02:38 PM
While doing some research today, I came across the following articles related to the delay:

Famitsu:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/02/15/103,1139982825,48728,0,0.html

IGN:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/688/688888p1.html

Gamesarefun.com:
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6057

Gamefront.de:

Phantasy Star Universe verschoben

15.02.06 - Sega gibt bekannt, dass das Rollenspiel Phantasy Star Universe in Japan verschoben wurde: Statt im 30.03.06, soll die Auslieferung jetzt 2006 stattfinden.

Als Grund gibt Sega an, dass man die Qualität des Spiels und die Stabilität der Online-Funktion verbessern will.

Also, Gamefront.de put up this article regarding the US Release schedule:

Neue US-Termine von Sega

15.02.06 - Sega hat neue Erscheinungstermine für die USA bekanntgegeben.

21.02.06 - Super Monkey Ball: Touch and Roll (NDS)
21.02.06 - Sonic Riders (Xbox, PS2, GC)
21.03.06 - The Tower SP (GBA)
21.03.06 - OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (Xbox, PS2, PSP)
Frühjahr 2006 - Chromehounds (Xbox 360)
Herbst 2006 - Phantasy Star Universe (PS2)

That translates to "Autumn 2006."

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-02-15 11:38, Ryna wrote:
Famitsu:

I tried this link & its broken. The others work.

hypersaxon
Feb 15, 2006, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team's taking extra time to test the "hackability" of the servers. If I were them, I'd hire a few people with a high knowledge of hacking to test the security of their servers and make sure there aren't any loopholes that would allow people to tamper with data using some type of exploit.

And of course, polishing of graphics and stuff is always nice as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kupi
Feb 15, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-02-15 12:12, OdinTyler wrote:

On 2006-02-15 11:38, Ryna wrote:
Famitsu:

I tried this link & its broken. The others work.

Copy and paste it into your URL bar. The commas break the link.

Tkinc
Feb 15, 2006, 03:42 PM
lol. For one thing, the release will come NO LATER THAN THE SUMMER. Knowing Sega, if they postpone it that long, Japanese players might just give up on PSU and there goes the sales -_-. However, as u guys stated "Autumn 2006" only means one thing- Nintendo Revolution and PS3 will get ready for their launch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Something odd about the release timing eh?

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 04:20 PM
OK the link worked this time, thanks. Who the fu...er...hell puts commas in a weblink? Pfft. Anyway, I cant read it as Im not fluent in Japanese. LOL Im trying to be hopeful about this news as it was stated that only 1 version was delayed this time around. If its OUR version that gets delayed (AGAIN!) then Ill get mad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryna
Feb 15, 2006, 04:24 PM
On 2006-02-15 13:20, OdinTyler wrote:
OK the link worked this time, thanks. Who the fu...er...hell puts commas in a weblink? Pfft. Anyway, I cant read it as Im not fluent in Japanese. LOL Im trying to be hopeful about this news as it was stated that only 1 version was delayed this time around. If its OUR version that gets delayed (AGAIN!) then Ill get mad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The only thing that article talks about is the delay for the JP release. The US release date is still set for Quarter 3 (Autumn) 2006. However, that maybe subject to change.

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 04:26 PM
Thats what I meant. If our version doesnt get delayed, this is good news: a near simul release. If it DOES change...well...

XredX
Feb 15, 2006, 04:33 PM
--; its soo gona delay >.> the (Eng.)
This is the time to toss a demo to us ST

SephYuyX
Feb 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
Im not gonna bother reading anything aside from the first few posts because there all the 'omg /cry it got pushed back' responces.

It may have been stated, but im gonna say it again.

Remember how 'flawed' the old PSO games were? Perhapse, maybe, ST learned something from their mistakes and want to tweak the game and make it better. Sure it sucks the game got pushed back, again, but instead of complaining, maybe you should be thankful that ST is constantly fixing and making this game better.

Grigori
Feb 15, 2006, 05:06 PM
I'd rather it be delayed and tweaked than released at sub par quality. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait.

TheWildJoker
Feb 15, 2006, 07:09 PM
Really interesting that the release goes from having a specific date attached to it, to just having a specific year attached to it... I wonder how, or if, this will effect the US release. If it's just last minute polishing & network optimization, I can't imagine there would be any reason to push the US release date back as well (seeing as how the dates are probably a good 5 months apart already).

i agree the US release date sjhouldnt be pushed back if thats the case because JP gets the release of the game way ahead of us.

GaijinPUnch
Feb 15, 2006, 07:15 PM
That news is as painful as prison rape!!!
They say it's for "quality, and network stability". I totally agree w/ the last part. The DC version of PSO had Networking nightmares in beta testing.

Oh, well. More Blue Burst then.

ColonD
Feb 15, 2006, 07:47 PM
I'm a little okay with the delay actually, I was going to wait until my birthday, so I can have a reason to have it.
^_^

kazuma56
Feb 15, 2006, 08:46 PM
I'm kind of happy the JP version is pushed back...because now I don't have to suffer 6 months with ppl at this site jabbering on about how good it is for that long (or lack thereof).

I'm hoping that the releases are really close together (2-3 months max) because the community will just suck if EVERY low lvl character is walking around with "9 star" weaponry.

Saraphim
Feb 15, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-02-15 13:33, XredX wrote:
--; its soo gona delay >.> the (Eng.)
This is the time to toss a demo to us ST

Indeed, I agree with that. At least let us play a little, to tide us over. Then again, if the changes are major, they may not be willing to release a demo if it is going to look different that the retail version.

AzureBlaze
Feb 16, 2006, 01:21 AM
I guess I am also in the 'sort of ok' camp on this...

I really didn't want to be forced to import the game in the first place. It's at LEAST 89$ for just the game, and more on top of that if you want a 'station modification. Also, there's no answers yet on the "Big 3 Questions"

1. Does it have an Eng Mode on the JP ver that CAN be accessed by importers? Muddling thru un-understandable stuff is never fun.

2. Do non-JP residents have the ability to actually PAY to play, without hiring people to buy NetCash cards at horrible expense? Or will after all the expense of importing, will you have to sit offline due to not being able to pay?

3. Are the servers even going to be linked AT ALL to the USA? Or will you have to ditch your JP char if you want to play with the loads of USA friends who didn't import? (thus forcing you to RE BUY the game and waste all your lvls/items you gained)

Anyone who imports has to take ALL the above risks, as well as shelling out the cash. However, PSU was so cool, I was about ready to import anyway. But with this delay, it may be pushed closer to the US or a worldwide release.

Why? Because they know as well as you do, that if they don't get their rears in gear and throw this game at the fans, it'll be "So last gen", and won't be able to compete with the great games in the pipeline. (anyone see ps3 Sonic? 1 MILLION polycount on him...can you even imagine the righteous MMORPGS?)

Something really serious must have come up to warrant this delay. You never hear of Sonic games being delayed 10x like this thing, the network must have had a hax loophole in it you could drive a truck through. Someone is likely in quite the hot water over it too.

Making the releases closer to eachother can ONLY benifit at this point.
It gives ST a chance for this game to not go down the toilet like the others due to hacking/fsod/utter lack of promised updates. They are probably also meddling with Xbox compatability too, as Quartermann is usually correct.

It looks like it will give the USA and EU a better chance (IF the servers are linked) to be 'in the running' lvl wise, and not have a market flood of rares which automatically ruins the economy before it starts.

It also eases the "ARRGH RARGH PAIN" of anyone who can't afford to import, or doesn't want to risk having to del their guy once the USA ver hits. These people would have to sit idle and play with nothing while everyone spoiled EVERYTHING about PSU for ages.

The delay has been confirmed, but looking at the facts and asking the questions makes it seem less of a disaster.

littleman2347
Feb 16, 2006, 07:27 AM
After the starting of all this delaying my entire summer prety much ended i had almost the entire summer put away for PSU i swear it better be worth it. I wonder if they will tell use what all the delaying was for on the PSu website.

Nash
Feb 16, 2006, 07:38 AM
I'm hoping the lack of a date is just Sonic Team being careful not to set fans up for a another disappointment, rather than a sign the network game is in a complete mess.

The next time they announce a date it will be when they are sure the game is stable. I don't think we'll be waiting as long as December.

I also think the delay is a bit strategic as well, to move it further away from Final Fantasy XII's release.

Saffran
Feb 16, 2006, 08:15 AM
I also think the delay is a bit strategic as well, to move it further away from Final Fantasy XII's release.

It has probably nothing to do with it. Gamers will buy that game anyway.

The bigger question is: Will Sega sustain enough people interested with Blue Burst in the meantime? Tantra is free, Tales Of Something Online is out, Fantasy Earth is out, Monster Farmer Online too... I dunno. That makes a lot of good stuffs to play on the sides.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 16, 2006, 08:33 AM
If i had to guess as to what happened, I'd say dupe bug. And they certainly don't want to have to recall again.

Nash
Feb 16, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-02-16 05:15, Saffran wrote:
It has probably nothing to do with it. Gamers will buy that game anyway.

Gamers might be less inclined to pick up another RPG if they are still playing through one they've picked up a week or 2 before. They are time consuming games, and FFXII's sales will be massive.

A bigger gap between FFXII and PSU can only help PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-02-16 07:06 ]</font>

Blackwaltz-R
Feb 16, 2006, 11:27 AM
I would have been alot MORE suprised if they did get it out this month. I mean the February date was mentioned almost a year ago which was reeked of optimism based on how long the game had been in production at the time.

lostinseganet
Feb 16, 2006, 11:45 AM
On 2006-02-15 22:21, AzureBlaze wrote:
I guess I am also in the 'sort of ok' camp on this...

I really didn't want to be forced to import the game in the first place. It's at LEAST 89$ for just the game, and more on top of that if you want a 'station modification. Also, there's no answers yet on the "Big 3 Questions"

1. Does it have an Eng Mode on the JP ver that CAN be accessed by importers? Muddling thru un-understandable stuff is never fun.

2. Do non-JP residents have the ability to actually PAY to play, without hiring people to buy NetCash cards at horrible expense? Or will after all the expense of importing, will you have to sit offline due to not being able to pay?

3. Are the servers even going to be linked AT ALL to the USA? Or will you have to ditch your JP char if you want to play with the loads of USA friends who didn't import? (thus forcing you to RE BUY the game and waste all your lvls/items you gained)

Anyone who imports has to take ALL the above risks, as well as shelling out the cash. However, PSU was so cool, I was about ready to import anyway. But with this delay, it may be pushed closer to the US or a worldwide release.

Why? Because they know as well as you do, that if they don't get their rears in gear and throw this game at the fans, it'll be "So last gen", and won't be able to compete with the great games in the pipeline. (anyone see ps3 Sonic? 1 MILLION polycount on him...can you even imagine the righteous MMORPGS?)

Something really serious must have come up to warrant this delay. You never hear of Sonic games being delayed 10x like this thing, the network must have had a hax loophole in it you could drive a truck through. Someone is likely in quite the hot water over it too.

Making the releases closer to eachother can ONLY benifit at this point.
It gives ST a chance for this game to not go down the toilet like the others due to hacking/fsod/utter lack of promised updates. They are probably also meddling with Xbox compatability too, as Quartermann is usually correct.

It looks like it will give the USA and EU a better chance (IF the servers are linked) to be 'in the running' lvl wise, and not have a market flood of rares which automatically ruins the economy before it starts.

It also eases the "ARRGH RARGH PAIN" of anyone who can't afford to import, or doesn't want to risk having to del their guy once the USA ver hits. These people would have to sit idle and play with nothing while everyone spoiled EVERYTHING about PSU for ages.

The delay has been confirmed, but looking at the facts and asking the questions makes it seem less of a disaster.

No I have not seen ps3 sonic a link please.

OdinTyler
Feb 16, 2006, 03:28 PM
Actually Sonic was talked about for PS3 only...then, I read the news that it will be on X360 as well. No pics yet, but, it is in production. I dont get why Sega forms an alliance with Sony only to move everything over to a Microsoft system? I can understand wanting more profits. However, loyalty breeds more profits than spreading oneself thin.

Kano-Okami
Feb 16, 2006, 03:57 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/770/770960.html
Thats one of the links about Sonic The Hedgehog. There isn't much information on it because its still in developement. I believe the trailer can be found gametrailers.com
But about loyality=better profits? I've never seen that written in stone, and I know quite a few good games to prove it. As for sega's 2 console game? Its more of a benefit then a loss, It lets gamers who chose a different system still be able to enjoy their game without having to buy another console. Besides, I don't recall sega signing any contracts with sony..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-02-16 13:10 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 16, 2006, 07:51 PM
On 2006-02-16 12:57, Kano-Okami wrote:
Besides, I don't recall sega signing any contracts with sony..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-02-16 13:10 ]</font>

If that were the case, would you see ANY Sega games on a Sony system? I think not. Besides, Sega & Sony have a looooong history together that dates back to SegaCD. They were the co-creators of that system. Its just become apparent that Microsoft tries to get all the exclusivity to Sega games that it can. If it cant get exclusivity, naturally, it wants a port. Chalk that up to Bill Gates throwing a fit about not getting his absolute way...

TinyD
Feb 16, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-02-14 20:43, EspioKaos wrote:

VioletSkye
Feb 16, 2006, 09:42 PM
Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not the rumor spreading type nor do I buy into other people's "theories" without some type of substantive basis for said claim, but it sorta dawned on me after reading the "rumor" in the latest EGM that PSU may end up on XBox 360 (and again, until SEGA themselves officially announces it, take this with a grain of salt) that the delay may have something to do with that. If the rumor is true, and if it is a part of the reason for the delay, then it makes sense that it was an eleventh hour decision to port the game to the 360 and that extra time is needed to complete the port and have it jive with the other platforms. Again, this was simply a thought that crossed my mind while I was working on something else (just one of those random thought things lol.) I should note that the rumor also claims that it is set for release a few months after the PS2 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-02-16 18:46 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 16, 2006, 10:33 PM
If so, thats complete BS. Why would you have ppl that have been waiting so long just to have a secret port version that wasnt announced to suddenly be worked in? People are asked to be patient with delay after delay, given little or no reason as to why, & then, a delay to where its going to compete with 2 new systems (PS3 & Nintendo Revolution)? Its really alot to swallow. Sega is losing serious credibility when they cant even keep to their own words. I can understand a year or so after the game is released, but, constantly throwing vague info & rumors around doesnt really help things.
If theres any major network issue, it would be how do you get Microsoft's system to work with the currently proposed network for PS2 & PC. Remember people, this IS Bill Gates we're talking about. Having an exclusive network on his past system really limited things. Unless its truly 1 unique network with no differences regardless of platform, we just end up back in the same issue of will the PS2 & PC network function together without difference?

VioletSkye
Feb 16, 2006, 10:41 PM
The reason it sounded "plausible" that the delay has something to do with the 360 is the timing. It seems awfully coincidental that the delay comes just before an announcement (albeit just a rumor mentioned in EGM ) for a new system being added to the lineup. Again this is purely speculation and was just a random thought I had, but it does make sense.

OdinTyler
Feb 16, 2006, 11:35 PM
I know & that is what concerns me. If they had intentions to really put it on a 3rd system, they shouldve said so from the beginning. How do you get production close to done on something THIS big then say "Hey, lets throw it on a 3rd system!" Thats just not kosher.

ZulfiqarTheIV
Feb 16, 2006, 11:43 PM
Actually maybe they had plans to move the game to another system already? I don't see what the big deal is about this? That just means we get to play with more people.

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2006, 10:31 AM
This coming from the guy who's absolutely adamant about NOT getting an X360. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alisha
Feb 17, 2006, 10:39 AM
looks like ill be playing ffxi a little longer and maybee even monster hunter 2
video here http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=...l=game&type=wmv
actually i wonder if monster hunter is to blame since it was very popular in japan

SephYuyX
Feb 17, 2006, 12:15 PM
Basing how a game will do from other games around the same release is a very common misconception. If a person is an avid fan of both/all games, they'll get all of them. If a person can't afford another game, then their either under 13 years old and have no say in anything, or the person needs to reevaluate their life.

It's diffrent with systems and games, it's not the smartest thing to release multipule systems within the same week/month because of the expense. But with games, a small fee of 50$ is nothing to anyone who has a job.

If people want the game, they'll buy it no matter when it comes out or the price it costs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-02-17 09:23 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Feb 17, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-02-17 09:15, SephirothYuyX wrote:
Basing how a game will do from other games around the same release is a very common misconception. If a person is an avid fan of both/all games, they'll get all of them. If a person can't afford another game, then their either under 13 years old and have no say in anything, or the person needs to reevaluate their life.

It's diffrent with systems and games, it's not the smartest thing to release multipule systems within the same week/month because of the expense. But with games, a small fee of 50$ is nothing to anyone who has a job.

If people want the game, they'll buy it no matter when it comes out or the price it costs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-02-17 09:23 ]</font>

I'd have to strongly disagree. I have friends who have very good jobs that I have had to help out financially because, put simply, "life happens". Raising children is expensive and that spare $50 that some teenager has burning a hole in his/her pocket can mean the difference between having enough diapers for the week or being able to fill up the gas tank. I think you may be coming at this through the eyes of a single person without kids who has a job and doesn't have to worry about too many expenses. I have been extremely fortunate to have the job that I have and also have plenty of extra income coming in from sparetime work and investments but not everyone has that and its not because they made mistakes but because they choose to have a family and even with both parents working, sometimes they have to live paycheck to paycheck.

As I get older and have more friends raising families I can see first hand how difficult it can be to juggle all those added expenses. I just recently became engaged to someone very special and I know that it means there will be a lot of sacrifices. When we have a child, it will mean giving up most of my free time that I normally spend working on projects or playing games. It will mean not being able to have as mush spare cash for fun stuff. It will mean losing a lot of sleep (which is the worst part lol.) In short, it means my life changes forever. Most of us in our late 20's were raised on videogames and they will always be a part of our lives, but as we get older and have families our expenses increase drastically and as I said earlier, for some people that extra $50 can be put to better use providing for the needs of your family.

So where am I going with all this you ask http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I think it can make a difference when a game is released. Granted most single hardcore players will as you mentioned buy a game they want regardless of when it is released and I'm lucky enough to be able to do that myself, but realize that not everyone can and it isn't because they need to "reevaluate" their life, its because they made a life choice about wanting to do something greater than sitting around with a joystick in their hand. They chose to bring another human being into the world and are trying to provide for them and raise them to be someone they can be proud of and that ain't cheap to do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

**steps down off his soapbox lol**

GaijinPUnch
Feb 19, 2006, 08:09 PM
This delay sounds worse than before. I got an email from the shop I ordered from (in Japan). They said basically all pre-orders are cleared, and you have to order again. That tells me it's more than a simple push back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif