PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 psu announced (Rumor)

ShahulX
Feb 15, 2006, 12:32 PM
new EGM has a blurb that PSU is announced for XBOX 360... and that if your playing PS2 versions it will transfer over if you switch.... PSU 360 will be out a few months after the PS2 version....

-Shahul

EDIT: Title edited for clarity.

[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-02-16 10:20 ]

Dhylec
Feb 15, 2006, 01:06 PM
If it's true, then it's good news for Xbox users. Now, it'll be even better if someone has the article.

hypersaxon
Feb 15, 2006, 01:56 PM
PSU for 360 isn't official yet, the EGM thing was posted in the "Rumors" section so until Sonic Team says something to confirm it, PSU for 360 is just a rumor.

I'm hoping the rumors are true, but nothing's official yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 03:14 PM
Idk why this topic was made when it was brought up already & its still just a rumor. Til its a fact & thats a big IF, the only viable option is to keep this a LOCKED issue.

Hyda
Feb 16, 2006, 11:03 AM
Still though, "If" this happens and according to you its ab big "IF" then the 360 users should be quite happy about this...

Kano-Okami
Feb 16, 2006, 11:50 AM
Which issue number was it that mentioned it? I don't recall seeing it in my latest EGM..

Omega_Nova
Feb 16, 2006, 01:00 PM
I logged in just to reply to this >______>

I seriously doubt Sega would release this for the 360 considering how well PSO worked with Xbox Live.

And if PSU was released for the 360 I would expect the same result.

VioletSkye
Feb 16, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-02-16 08:50, Kano-Okami wrote:
Which issue number was it that mentioned it? I don't recall seeing it in my latest EGM..

It's in issue 201 (the newest issue with the 4 different Kingdom Hearts 2 covers) on page 58.

ajenteks
Feb 16, 2006, 02:58 PM
Great news if it's true :/ More linked consoles = more security holes.

OdinTyler
Feb 16, 2006, 03:25 PM
In other words, leave it at PS2 & PC only, right?

Kano-Okami
Feb 16, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-02-15 12:14, OdinTyler wrote:
Idk why this topic was made when it was brought up already & its still just a rumor. Til its a fact & thats a big IF, the only viable option is to keep this a LOCKED issue.

I don't see it anymore different then the rest of our PSU speculation. And if there was another console to develope the game for, it would be Microsoft's xbox 360, its being developed for Microsoftt's Windows after all. Its really not all farfetched..

DizzyDi
Feb 16, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-02-16 11:58, ajenteks wrote:

Not exactly. If its all on like one linked server or something like that then the servers shouldn't allow for cheats or hacks or anything like that. I've said it before and I'll say it again. More linked consoles = more players which = more money for ST which then equals = more support for the game which = happier players and of course happier players preach to other folks about how good the game is which then = even more players, and so on.

ajenteks
Feb 16, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-02-16 13:21, DizzyDi wrote:

If its all on like one linked server or something like that then the servers shouldn't allow for cheats or hacks or anything like that.

They shouldn't, but that doesn't mean they won't.

More linked consoles = more players which = more money for ST which then equals = more support for the game which = happier players and of course happier players preach to other folks about how good the game is which then = even more players, and so on.

I'd really like to believe that, but historically that really hasn't been the case. ST seems to treat PSO like it's a Release and Forget type game, and the serious patches end up costing $50.

Yummi
Feb 16, 2006, 06:26 PM
On 2006-02-16 11:58, ajenteks wrote:

How?

ajenteks
Feb 16, 2006, 06:39 PM
On 2006-02-16 15:26, Yummi wrote:

How?

More hardware to exploit.

DizzyDi
Feb 16, 2006, 06:47 PM
I've said THIS before and I'll say it again. One of the good things about PSU coming out so late is that it has the chance of learning from the mistakes of online games that have come BEFORE it. Just like games that came after PSO had the chance to learn from its mistakes. PSO was so hackable cause it was one of the first online console games. PSU isn't. My point is that ST won't be making the same mistakes that is has in the past, being vurnerable to hacks is one of those mistakes.

hypersaxon
Feb 16, 2006, 07:08 PM
It's funny that people are still complaining about PSO on Xbox, I'll try and put this as simple as possible:

When PSO came out for Xbox, Microsoft was in charge of every server for every Xbox game. For the past two years, however, game companies have been allowed to control their own servers. If this hadn't happened, all of EA's games for Xbox and X360 would NOT have online play. This is why PSO on Xbox sucked, because it came out before Microsoft allowed developers to control their own servers.

So how will PSO work online then? Take a look at another RPG that's on 360: Final Fantasy XI. In order to play the game, you have to log into Square/Enix's own game service which is entirely seperate from Xbox Live. And when the full game comes out, you'll be able to play with PS2 and PC gamers.

Also, know this: Final Fantasy isn't hackable. And even if it was, Square-Enix is very strict about banning people's accounts. Just recently, they banned 700 accounts of people selling game currency online, and removed billions of gil from the game servers. So people thinking that having a game being cross-platform is going to lead to uber hacking, you're WRONG. As long as the game is free of loopholes and glitches (which are easily patchable BTW) then there's nothing to worry about.

So people who're saying the game won't come out for 360 because of the reasons mentioned above, I hope I've set you all straight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-02-16 16:09 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 16, 2006, 07:40 PM
1. I was 1 of the first ppl to say that IF PSU gets ported, it would be ported to the X360. Everyone else kept saying PS3 & Revolution.

2. I dont see the point in spreading a rumor about it possibly being ported. If it gets ported, then it does. Til Sega says so, its really pointless to say it is when the creators havent said so officially.

To think an online game is free of hacking is to be ignorant. Yeah, youll have good times when there isnt any hacking around. However, its always bound to come up. Some glitch or error or loophole or even some PC wiz comes out of nowhere. Its not being negative, its being realistic. Its also not that people are worried about console games being hacked as much as how theyre doing the hacking. More complex hacking is done on PC & PC games are the first susceptible. Linking the servers to console games adds to it.
I can only hope that the hacking is kept to a minimum & that Sega (like you claim SquareEnix has) becomes quite strict & a zero tolerance for cheating. Online game admins always have to be on guard for all types of things. Its sad that 1 of those things has to be cheating, but, its a reality that shouldnt be ignored. If they keep to it, it wont be as bad as the past.

ajenteks
Feb 16, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-02-16 16:08, hypersaxon wrote:

So people thinking that having a game being cross-platform is going to lead to uber hacking, you're WRONG.

I'll believe it when I see it, kinda like the release date.

Espilonarge
Feb 16, 2006, 08:58 PM
I'm just gunna take this report as a grain of salt. Without Sega/Sonic Teams word, theres no real claims to back it up and therefore its nothing but a rumor or attempted hoax.

hypersaxon
Feb 16, 2006, 09:07 PM
As far as I know, to the best of my knowledge, Final Fantasy XI has never had hacking problems whatsoever. I'm pretty sure that the reason that the game is so secure compared to Phantasy Star is the fact that they do beta testing before the game releases on each console, and if there was some type of exploit, it was fixed before it hit retail. As I've mentioned before, the game has server side saving just like PSU has, which is another key factor. The only type of cheating that people do in that game, which I mentioned in my previous post, is selling the in-game currency for money, which messes up the economy and is in violation of the TOS. And Square-Enix does find out about it and bans accounts for doing so.

As far as PSU goes, the game could very well be 100% unhackable like FFXI is, if Sonic Team takes the time to do testing and find any possible glitches and fixes them before the game comes out. Because let's face it, the previous games in the series had a lot of problems. I know for a fact that people found ways to hack PSO on Xbox WHILE ONLINE. It took a while to patch it, but the fact is that when PSOX went retail, it had obvious glitches that allowed you to do things you shouldn't be able to do. In fact, as far as I know, they probably STILL haven't fixed problems like the bank duping trick that gives you 99 Monomates and stuff.

Basically, what it all comes down to is Sonic Team making sure that their game is as secure as possible, which I believe is one of the reasons the game is delayed now. The fact that Final Fantasy XI is able to prevent hackers is proof that it's possible to do it. Sonic Team just needs to stop being sloppy and do extensive testing, and hopefully everything will be fine.

OdinTyler
Feb 16, 2006, 10:36 PM
Youre expecting that all these delays will lead to a bug-free game. Thats an impossibility. Without getting metaphysical here, Ill just say that since regular games have some kind of bug in them if you look hard enough, how can an online game NOT have one? Sure, the bugs in regular games can be funny & generally do not cause a problem to the game. Online ones are much different. As we all know, there can be some serious foul-ups. If you think you can release an online game with no bugs, then, thats like saying you dont need admins on such a game. If you believe that, then you obviously havent played an MMO for long because there is very much a need for admin-oriented attention.

Endall
Feb 19, 2006, 12:49 PM
I wonder what the main differences would be between the 360 and the other versions of the game. If it comes out that is.

Kano-Okami
Feb 19, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-02-19 09:49, Endall wrote:
I wonder what the main differences would be between the 360 and the other versions of the game. If it comes out that is.

My guess the biggest change will be graphics, that and some sort of x-box Live intergration with the system. Nothing earth-shaking..

hypersaxon
Feb 19, 2006, 10:05 PM
Don't forget custom soundtracks and achievements http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

megamatt
Feb 27, 2006, 08:37 AM
Actually, there probably won't be any achievements for games like this, you will have custom soundtracks though, which is SOOOOO great. And I posted this on another site, and not to keep beating a dead horse, but if you have seen the article with your own eyes you would know that they state PSU coming out on xbox360 as fact. This doesn't mean that it couldn't hit a roadblock, but it would be incredibly stupid as well as unethical to put into print something like this that was still a maybe. It seems to me that the columnist has some pretty hard evidence to support his statement, but it's from a source who was not willing to go on record.

GaijinPUnch
Feb 27, 2006, 10:21 PM
but if you have seen the article with your own eyes you would know that they state PSU coming out on xbox360 as fact.

Link? I find it very hard to believe Sega would consider wasting money by releasing it on the 360 considering PSO has always been a Japan-centralized series. Of course it was supported in the west, but it always had first releases in Japan, better support, and a more long-lasting user base (DC servers are still up).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-02-27 19:23 ]</font>

Ginjin
Feb 27, 2006, 10:51 PM
I really hope someone can either confirm or deny this
soon. I feel silly debating my opinion about a speculation (an unproven one at that) based on a self proclaimed rumor-monger.

But then again now that I think of it why else debate over the internet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif