PDA

View Full Version : Partner Machinery and Their Partner Cards

OdinTyler
Feb 16, 2006, 11:32 PM
It has been said that when a PM reaches humanoid form, it gives you a Partner Card. I was thinking about something that a fellow clan member (DeathMachine) had said when working on the idea for his character. He wanted to name his PM. I thought that was cool. Not seeing any proof of it, it was of course all in good fun. Im now wondering, since players obviously have names & trade cards, would a PM be given a name? Could we actually name our PMs? If so, that would be great. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DeathMachine
Feb 16, 2006, 11:44 PM
Hey! I've been paraphrased! Neat-o! Anywho, yes, the name thing seems to be in the works, seeing how Ethan's is called PETE instead of the GRX or whatever it is called...

(Watch everyone call theirs Chibi-*insert name here*. Here come the Sephiroth/Cloud namers.)

Nai_Calus
Feb 17, 2006, 01:06 AM
Someone just please reassure me that I won't be doomed to eventually having a jailbait RAcaseal clone. *rolls eyes*

_Tek_
Feb 17, 2006, 01:53 AM
Perhaps the just haven't designed or been able to show all of the pm evolutions.

They cant give it all away.

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2006, 10:28 AM
Yes, DM, I mentioned you. I dont steal credit from other people & I am proud of individual achievements of my guildies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif That being said, it would be nice to name each PM. Of course, what to name one? Like with my char names, I gotta pick something that fits the PM or at least, the Master.

Atayin
Feb 17, 2006, 11:06 AM
Oh man.. WHY would I need a card from my PM??? It's MY PM!!

No PM of mine is gonna get a guild card! No way no how. I'm putting my foot down. As soon as she turns into a humanoid PM, she can't just go running around lobbies. If I catch her in the alley by the clothing store doing naughty favors for meseta, she's going back into her primary form... ungreateful little...

..they just.. grow up too fast... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2006, 05:38 PM
LMAO You're insane! You do know that right?

EJ
Feb 17, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-02-16 22:06, Ian-KunX wrote:
Someone just please reassure me that I won't be doomed to eventually having a jailbait RAcaseal clone. *rolls eyes*

You very well know that, that can't be promised. :e

TheWildJoker
Feb 17, 2006, 07:12 PM
That would be hot if you can name your PM. im dien to kno if you can custimize it like how you can create your own charecter. thad be pretty hot.

Atayin
Feb 17, 2006, 09:14 PM
On 2006-02-17 14:38, OdinTyler wrote:
LMAO You're insane! You do know that right?

I am insane. I'm insane because I've been imitating the picture in your sig for the past couple hours http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

no more.. brain cells left.. wheeee..

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2006, 09:16 PM
On 2006-02-17 18:14, Atayin wrote:
I am insane. I'm insane because I've been imitating the picture in your sig for the past couple hours http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

no more.. brain cells left.. wheeee..

If youre doing that for long periods, unsupervised, its going to cause a problem. But Im sure you already figured that out by now...

Eclypse
Feb 17, 2006, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't see why we shouldn't be able to name them, especially if they appear in the team list when you run missions. I don't think they want add confusion if you see a list with the same pet names up and down it. If ST doesn't let us name it, that just further adds to the times they have dropped the ball on the PSO series of games.

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2006, 11:08 PM
Such harshness! Its all in how Sega decides to view the PMs. Hopefully, we can name them. However, you can look at it from another viewpoint & it being kind of funny. On EQOA, it wasnt uncommon to see the same pets over & over again. The name got redundant, but, at times it was funny. This being a different game & Ethan's PM having a name, perhaps we're given the same allowance...I hope.

Eclypse
Feb 18, 2006, 08:05 AM
I'm not being harsh, I'm just being honest that SOA/SOJ has dropped the ball on this series many times in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't allow us to name them.

Atayin
Feb 18, 2006, 12:06 PM
All I know is that I'll be upset if I have a PM named "Bob" that evolves into a female. Crossdressing little sonuva...

And, isn't PETE the name of Ethan's PM?? Why is Pete's humanoid form a female android? PETE!! WHAT THE HECK, MAN. PSU is maybe trying to promote the transgender lifestyle, but I would really appreciate it if they let us choose the name and gender of our PM.

I don't want to see a PM named "John" running around with a pink miniskirt. Seriously.

OdinTyler
Feb 18, 2006, 12:11 PM
Just cause we've seen Pete in an early form & a mini Elenor doesnt mean its the SAME PM. Everyone is just assuming that to be the case. We dont know for sure.

Kano-Okami
Feb 18, 2006, 12:24 PM
Correct.
I believe that the "Pete" deisgn will be the most basic form of a PM, much like the MAG or baby stage of mags.
The Elenor stage is mostlikely 1 of a vast amount of other potential transformations. I'm actually looking forward to getting that dragon stage I saw in one of the videos..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-02-18 09:30 ]</font>

TheWildJoker
Feb 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
Oh man.. WHY would I need a card from my PM??? It's MY PM!!

No PM of mine is gonna get a guild card! No way no how. I'm putting my foot down. As soon as she turns into a humanoid PM, she can't just go running around lobbies. If I catch her in the alley by the clothing store doing naughty favors for meseta, she's going back into her primary form... ungreateful little...

All I know is that I'll be upset if I have a PM named "Bob" that evolves into a female. Crossdressing little sonuva...

And, isn't PETE the name of Ethan's PM?? Why is Pete's humanoid form a female android? PETE!! WHAT THE HECK, MAN. PSU is maybe trying to promote the transgender lifestyle, but I would really appreciate it if they let us choose the name and gender of our PM.

I don't want to see a PM named "John" running around with a pink miniskirt. Seriously.

Lmfao ROTF! looool

oh man ur crazy . that shit is funny as heel tho.

OdinTyler
Feb 18, 2006, 01:44 PM
On 2006-02-18 09:24, Kano-Okami wrote:
Correct.
I believe that the "Pete" deisgn will be the most basic form of a PM, much like the MAG or baby stage of mags.
The Elenor stage is mostlikely 1 of a vast amount of other potential transformations. I'm actually looking forward to getting that dragon stage I saw in one of the videos..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-02-18 09:30 ]</font>

How much you wanna bet that your Type helps affect your PM transformation & that the dragon is most likely a Hunter-type PM? Im hoping thats not the case as its gonna be nuts trying to find the exact PM you want & then pray your char can use it.

Kano-Okami
Feb 18, 2006, 04:04 PM
On 2006-02-18 10:44, OdinTyler wrote:

On 2006-02-18 09:24, Kano-Okami wrote:
Correct.

How much you wanna bet that your Type helps affect your PM transformation & that the dragon is most likely a Hunter-type PM? Im hoping thats not the case as its gonna be nuts trying to find the exact PM you want & then pray your char can use it.

I wouldn't be surprised if some transformations were race or gender based. It kind of reminds me of the frustration I had when I found out only Female FO's could make Satos..

_Tek_
Feb 18, 2006, 06:24 PM
They should be race and gender determined, that way there will be way more variations.

And hopefully we can customize the pm's color as well.

And the final stage of every pm will probably be a human form, if its going to be part of battle. BUT they could have animal forms that work too.(like a vicious dog along yoru side)

all speculation.

OdinTyler
Feb 18, 2006, 07:20 PM
On 2006-02-18 13:04, Kano-Okami wrote:
It kind of reminds me of the frustration I had when I found out only Female FO's could make Satos..

Actually, thats not so bad. All you need do is get it up to Lv99, then, hand it to a female force for 1 feeding & she can turn it into a Sato. The trick is getting the stats correct before then. Ive been mag raising lately & I may have to start all over again cause I screwed something up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I forgot which classes/gender can predetermine the color of the mag when you pick it up. I Most give the grey or white color & I dont want that.