PDA

View Full Version : No Site Update for Feb 17

Ryna
Feb 17, 2006, 08:37 AM
It looks like there isn't going to be another site update for this week. Too bad the only news we got was about the delay announcement.

Speaking of the delay announcement, did anyone realize today is the day after the original what was supposed to be the original release? I'm sure some of us would have put in some heavy gaming sessions this weekend if the original schedule was still in effect.

Off-Topic:
Also, some of you may have noticed that the PSU section on the left bar seems to be a little bit shorter. This is because a few of the guides were consolidated. A new Background Information guide was created by combining the Story, Races, Planets, Organizations, and Relics guides. Also, the Weapon Specialties and Grinding guides were incorporated into the Weapons guide.

Nash
Feb 17, 2006, 10:42 AM
It's weird to think we could have been playing it now.

Ah well, the wait goes on ...

Alisha
Feb 17, 2006, 10:54 AM
something seems amiss did they lose the source code or something

Atayin
Feb 17, 2006, 11:00 AM
Ouch..
So close and yet so far. I bet our friendly Japanese gamers are especially upset. While we would have had to import the title, they could have just gone to their local gamestore.

Oh well. In any case, thanks for keeping us posted Ryna.

Yummi
Feb 17, 2006, 02:51 PM
I suspect the offline version is 100% complete, but they have yet to add most of the online features and were in the stage of implementing them and probably thought it would be completed. I could be completely wrong, but it's just a guess. I think the worse thing that can happen right now is that the game will be delayed for NA till '07.

With the delay it can also mean that we can see a stateside release to coincide with japanese release or atleast a closer release to the japanese version. Either way I've grown patient, and the fact I'm addicted to DDR again doesn't help.;(

_Tek_
Feb 17, 2006, 05:16 PM
shouldn't we wait until tonight(-6gmt)?

Or are they always posted early in friday?

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2006, 05:32 PM
On 2006-02-17 14:16, _Tek_ wrote:
shouldn't we wait until tonight(-6gmt)?

Or are they always posted early in friday?

Yep. Updates are usually sometime after midnight EST. As for the Japanese, I doubt theyre that upset. They see way more RPGs & other types of games than we'll ever see. Only the most hardcore PS fans would be upset. It would be great to live in a place where your favorite type of game (for me, thats RPGs) is so dominant.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 17, 2006, 08:00 PM
I still don't get why they can't release the PC version now?

I mean seriously. Make online mode a 400 MB patch or something!

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2006, 09:20 PM
Because that wouldnt be fair now would it? Theyre trying to have versions be fully linked, thus, simultaneous releases. Be patient.

_Tek_
Feb 17, 2006, 10:12 PM
yeah 400 mb download, that's great...

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-02-17 19:12, _Tek_ wrote:
yeah 400 mb download, that's great...

1. It would be more than that.
2. Its unrealistic to expect such a download.
3. Are you really gonna sit & let your computer dl something for that long? LOL

_Tek_
Feb 18, 2006, 01:48 AM
Then if it crashed you'd have to do it reinstall all again.

But they also got to keep it one disc.

Kent
Feb 18, 2006, 01:55 AM
On 2006-02-17 20:10, OdinTyler wrote:

That'd take... What, an hour on a decent broadband connection? >_> I downloaded the beta for D&D Online a while back. About 3GB.

I can understand if you're on dial-up, though. Just be glad you don't have to patch FFXI from the base version. That'd take, more or less, a whole day, on 56k...

Alisha
Feb 18, 2006, 02:30 AM
On 2006-02-17 22:55, Kent wrote:

On 2006-02-17 20:10, OdinTyler wrote:

That'd take... What, an hour on a decent broadband connection? >_> I downloaded the beta for D&D Online a while back. About 3GB.

I can understand if you're on dial-up, though. Just be glad you don't have to patch FFXI from the base version. That'd take, more or less, a whole day, on 56k...

i just had to reinstall and it took 3 hours on my brothers cable connection i dont want to iamagine what it would of been on 56k that i currently use at home

OdinTyler
Feb 18, 2006, 09:19 AM
Yep. 400mb wouldnt be only an hr. LOL I am on broadband & no way would I wanna download something that size or larger unless it were REALLY worth it. I just wish theyd release the PSU demo from the past conventions. For free or even for 5 bucks. What they had there plus a character creation demo would really help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alisha
Feb 18, 2006, 09:21 AM
On 2006-02-18 06:19, OdinTyler wrote:
Yep. 400mb wouldnt be only an hr. LOL I am on broadband & no way would I wanna download something that size or larger unless it were REALLY worth it. I just wish theyd release the PSU demo from the past conventions. For free or even for 5 bucks. What they had there plus a character creation demo would really help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

they should do that with the upcoming sonic riders http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
i remember pso had a sonic adventure 2 demo

OdinTyler
Feb 18, 2006, 09:23 AM
What game really needs a demo more: Phantasy Star Universe or Sonic Riders?

ZulfiqarTheIV
Feb 18, 2006, 09:37 AM
You can easily download something thats 400 mb with broadband in 10-20 minutes. Also I think Sonic Riders needs a demo more than PSU, that's just me.

OdinTyler
Feb 18, 2006, 09:39 AM
On 2006-02-18 06:37, ZulfiqarTheIV wrote:
You can easily download something thats 400 mb with broadband in 10-20 minutes. Also I think Sonic Riders needs a demo more than PSU, that's just me.

Thats cause you have enough games to keep you busy til PSU. Some of us are really waiting on PSU so thats not exactly an option for all of us. 400mb takes more than 10-20min bub. Ive had 100mb dls take awhile & you know I have broadband. As for Sonic Riders, its a Sonic game. You know its coming out. If anyone cant be patient with that knowledge, Idk what to tell them.

ZulfiqarTheIV
Feb 18, 2006, 09:49 AM
Yes, I appreciate you speaking on MY behalf considering the fact that I have a job and what not, how else would I happen to have money. No,wait I actually pull it out my butt.

Russ2576
Feb 18, 2006, 02:37 PM
On 2006-02-18 06:23, OdinTyler wrote:

I think she may have meant Sonic Riders coming with a PSU demo, like PSO coming with a Sonic demo in the past, not that I would want that. Not really a big fan of Sonic games, and I wouldn't wanna have to buy one just for a PSU demo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-02-18 11:39 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Feb 18, 2006, 02:57 PM
On 2006-02-18 06:23, OdinTyler wrote:

Well Sonic Riders needs a demo of PSU more than PSU needs a demo of Sonic Riders. That way it'll be like the whole DQ8/FFXII deal. "Awxome! My Demo of PSU came with a free gameof Sonic Riders."

OdinTyler
Feb 18, 2006, 04:00 PM
Well right now I can do without Sonic Riders, so the demo needs to be an independent release. Idk why they couldnt just do it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BeatZero
Feb 19, 2006, 01:21 AM
I would spend hours if they just released the character creation demo...jeebus the time i could spend....

Espilonarge
Feb 19, 2006, 08:14 AM
Well as the saying goes..

"No news is good news."

.. right? .. RIGHT?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dhylec
Feb 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
Well, I think ST is giving us some times to recover from the shock of the delay previously. That's why they saved the updates for, perhaps, next week. ;]

Espilonarge wrote:
"No news is good news."

Don't ya mean 'No noose is good noose'? ;D

AzureBlaze
Feb 20, 2006, 01:54 AM
Want to hear something depressing?
Someone mentioned that this week was the -original- week that the game was supposed to be released, before the first news of the JP delay.

So, it is logical that ST only prepared these "weekly treat" updates so that there would be enough of them for 1 update each week until the release in Japan. This makes for happy fans because they get their teasers and game mags stay hype right up until the big day.

However, this would also mean that they are now OUT of updates. They'd only prepare enough to get to the release, so now their supply is presumably gone. There is no way that they have enough pre-prepped content to tide gamers and fans over until their now mythical release. It is now so far in the future, that the entire game could theoretically be revealed before its actual release if they had to keep turning out info each week.

This delay puts everyone in a bad spot. The hype dies down w/o weekly updates, or else they'd have to waste their manpower devoting guys to cranking out updates rather than trying to duct-tape this disaster or whatever it is they had explode the game.

The point? *If we get ANY more updates aside from a 'oh it comes out next week' some point in the fall or whatever, it is a lucky, lucky thing.*
Here's to hoping we are lucky.

Tystys
Feb 20, 2006, 10:48 AM
Ugh, this sucks so much. I seriously do not think that they're not doing such a good job as we like. Apparently, PSU keeps getting glitches and stuff, so whatever they're doing, it's really just screwing the game farther into the release date hole, where all the other release dates go once they have been casted away from a certain day to an entire year, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif