PDA

View Full Version : Mind turning that down?

Blitzkommando
Feb 17, 2006, 09:55 PM
Yeah, yeah, I'm glad you like listening to your music at maximum volume. That's great but do it where it doesn't cause others to go deaf as well.

You know the type. They put on the headphones during class, crank up the iPod to full blast and ignore all others for the duration of the session. Great, just great. It really helps me think.

If you really want to blow out your ears by 25, more power to you. But when you disrupt others around you, not just during school, that is crossing the line. Have common courtesy, and play it loud enough to hear, but quiet enough not to bother.

This leads to the second point. DON'T GET ANGRY AT ME WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE DISRUPTING EVERYONE ELSE. If you are arrogant enough to have the gaul to be angry at me, you deserve what's coming to you. It's your own fault if others, especially teachers, get mad and you suffer the consequences. It's simple enough, keep it at a reasonable level and everyone is happy. No need to have it that loud to hear unless you need hearing aides. Of course, at those sound levels you probably caused the loss of hearing due to the music...

AUTO_
Feb 17, 2006, 11:57 PM
My ipod basically never leaves my ears all day of school, but 90% of the time I have to have it so quiet I can still hear everyone talking around me (plus there's that huge lawsuit that Ipod's are making people go deaf....woops).

I know what you mean though--it can be very annoying. The only thing that's worse, loud music or otherwise, is tone deaf people who feel the urge to sing while listening.

Eihwaz
Feb 18, 2006, 12:06 AM
Ugh, yeah, I hate it when my sister does things like that. When you wear headphones, you should have it at it a reasonably quiet volume, for two reasons. Firstly, it won't hurt your ears, and secondly, it prevents everyone else in the damn room from having to hear your music.

Isn't that the point of headphones, anyway? >_<

Nai_Calus
Feb 18, 2006, 04:25 AM
No, the purpose of headphones is to drown out the TV.

Seriously, dad blasts the TV SO FUCKING LOUD that it actually DOES hurt my ears. I do listen to the headphones at full volume, but they suck so it's really not that loud. T_T;

...And unless it's a loud song, I CAN STILL HEAR THE TV. T_T;;;;;;;;

Tomoki
Feb 18, 2006, 04:30 PM
I have huge headphones that cover both my ears by about an inch each. I can turn up my volume to max and no one hears but me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

zwandude15
Feb 18, 2006, 10:32 PM
I know where you're coming from with this.

I personally have an iPod, and those earbuds burn out too quick, and well...it don't go so loud no mo.

But if I'm gonna blame anything for my hearing-loss, it's gonna be my band practices. Ouch.

Heavy-metal music just makes everything else in the world seemingly quieter, lol.

InfinityXXX
Feb 18, 2006, 10:53 PM
The headphones that come with the I pod can get loud but not really loud.(in my opinion) But if I'm at school, I at least keep my music to a level where I can hear my music and everyone else.

I REALLY can't stand people that bump up there music during test or when the class is reading, I can just rip the headphones off their ears. I also sit to this kid in computer tech and he plays his music so loud that it goes through my headphones! I'm not dissing it, but try having your music being drowned out by arabian music while you have your headphones on.(Usher and Arabian music just don't blend together http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

Daikarin
Feb 19, 2006, 12:35 PM
You ought to see my neighbour. The kid throws parties every week at 2-5am, making the whole building shake at the beat of whatever he plays. We've knocked the hell out of that door for him to quiet down, since we've got the damn right to want to sleep, since some of us have work/class/something useful to do tomorrow. The cops went there countless times, and only now he began to lower the tone.

I don't wanna hear someone scream on how they drank 5-6 cans at once, or listen to some corny CJ-Stone rip-off remix. I want silence inside our walls, for fuck's sake. But no, they think we want to stop them from having fun, instead of even thinking that we want what we're entitled to: PEACE AND QUIET.

Neith
Feb 20, 2006, 10:41 AM
Heh, I listen to my mp3 player loud, but only on the walk to University. The reason being, I walk past lots of main roads, and need the music on loud to be able to hear it over the noise of cars.

In classes, I do listen to my music, but quietly. I don't think anyone would appreciate hearing some of the stuff I listen to >_>

But yeah, it is inconsiderate to have music blasting loud enough so everyone in the whole room can hear. It's annoying in much the same way as a mobile phone ringing when the lecturers are trying to talk.

Although whoever it was with the Advent Children ringtone got a few laughs

Charmander02
Feb 20, 2006, 05:53 PM
I hate it when ppls do that too, the you try to tell them to turn it down then they cant hear you.

Sucks even more when the song they're playing completely sucks.