PDA

View Full Version : Here's an odd question about the Beast race...

OdinTyler
Feb 19, 2006, 12:12 AM
How tall are they in Nanoblasted form?

Why would I ask that? Well, think about this. Regardless of what size you make your char (beast or otherwise), a beast as we know, gets DRAMATICALLY bigger in this form. Seeing as how they tower over a few chars in pics, Im wondering are they 7-8ft tall or even taller?

Kimil
Feb 19, 2006, 12:56 AM
Yah, they pwn Ethan and crew in height... and if i'm not mistaken, then littlun beast (the kid... dunno his name...) is the same height as Leogini in nano beast form, and they look the exat same too... please, someone show a screen shot that proves otherwise, because that would suck if everone's nanoblast form was the same.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-02-18 21:57 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Feb 19, 2006, 01:09 AM
On 2006-02-18 21:56, Kimil wrote:
Yah, they pwn Ethan and crew in height... and if i'm not mistaken, then littlun beast (the kid... dunno his name...) is the same height as Leogini in nano beast form, and they look the exat same too... please, someone show a screen shot that proves otherwise, because that would suck if everone's nanoblast form was the same.
Leogini's feral form is the only one that's been shown so far in-game. Don't worry, though. I really doubt SonicTeam would take away from character individuality by making all beast forms look alike. Besides, we've already seen concept artwork showing multiple forms of nanoblasts. Or, maybe I should say, you can see concept art of various beast forms in some of the video streams SonicTeam had set up in December.

_Tek_
Feb 19, 2006, 01:13 AM
I'm sure the nanoblast will reflect your costume colors.

But are they all the same size, or do they increase according to your proportion as well? If I maxed my beats height, he'd be incredible when nano'd

Grigori
Feb 19, 2006, 06:14 AM
I think that there's a set height. We already know that Male and Female beasts have different looking nanoblast forms. Sonic Team could probably just varie the color and height between each character.

Espilonarge
Feb 19, 2006, 08:19 AM
There is most likely a set height for the Beast's Nanotrance form.

Allot of people a skeptical over the change of a kid into a huge hulking werelion creature but then in another video (early version with the techno cross rock music) we see a reguler adult also change into the Nanotrance form.

Weather or not, I'd say the height/size of the Nanotrance form will be set the same (keeps from chewing up memory to displace more then one model) while the hair/fur will match the forms colourings.

OdinTyler
Feb 19, 2006, 12:26 PM
On 2006-02-19 05:19, Espilonarge wrote:
There is most likely a set height for the Beast's Nanotrance form.

Allot of people a skeptical over the change of a kid into a huge hulking werelion creature but then in another video (early version with the techno cross rock music) we see a reguler adult also change into the Nanotrance form.

Weather or not, I'd say the height/size of the Nanotrance form will be set the same (keeps from chewing up memory to displace more then one model) while the hair/fur will match the forms colourings.

Im glad others find this topic interesting. Maybe in discussing it, we can figure this all out. Btw, Espilonarge, transforming into the larger Beast form is called Nanoblasting. Nanotracing is the process used for carrying & storing inventory. Boo on Sega for not using 2 different words, thus, causing confusion.

TheWildJoker
Feb 19, 2006, 12:48 PM
yea that is a good question , because in the images ive seen the beast grows way (WAY WAY!) taller then every1 else. i think they all grow a certain size i dont think theyre wil be more than one size but thats what i think.i could be rong tho.

Espilonarge
Feb 20, 2006, 04:56 AM
On 2006-02-19 09:26, OdinTyler wrote:
Im glad others find this topic interesting. Maybe in discussing it, we can figure this all out. Btw, Espilonarge, transforming into the larger Beast form is called Nanoblasting. Nanotracing is the process used for carrying & storing inventory. Boo on Sega for not using 2 different words, thus, causing confusion.

I kept saying Nanotrance, not Nanotrace. Sorry for the mixup, I just go by the infomation I'm given and refrence towards it. We know its just the "transformed" state of Beast when he gets ticked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tystys
Feb 20, 2006, 10:43 AM
Here's another question...
Will Transformed beasts be huge EXP hogs? lol

Kano-Okami
Feb 20, 2006, 10:47 AM
On 2006-02-20 07:43, Tystys wrote:
Here's another question...
Will Transformed beasts be huge EXP hogs? lol

For some reason, I believe the SUV's will fill the EXP hog role, have you seen those guns?! rediculous!
But about the size of the beast, I believe they'll be around the 8 ft range..atleast the male, I haven't seen the female beast in action to tell if they have any sort of dramatic size difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-02-20 07:48 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 20, 2006, 11:12 AM
1. Espilonarge, I know what you said. I was just saying what each is actually called. They shouldnt have made the 2 words so similar. That was lazy of them.

2. Idk if the casts with SUV would be 'EXP Hogs' as its a 1 shot deal (even if those guns are 60+ft long). Some are probably aimed at 1 enemy (good for bosses) & the others probably aim at a group. Unlike beasts which are transformed for what, 5 min? They can do a mad rush & just wreck house for that amt of time. I guess it remains to be seen who can do the most dmg in a set time.

3. Yeah, the beasts looked like they were taller than 7 ft. Like 8 or 9 ft. Anyone else besides myself & Kano think so?