PDA

View Full Version : Bah to Being Sick

PJ
Feb 19, 2006, 10:24 PM
For almost the past almost week, I've been sick with a combination of actual sickness, allergies and asthma, all combined into one super sickness. Well, not so bad, but you get it.

Basically, it's migraine, plus very sore throat (Add coughing going through a very sore throat = FTW), plus very snottyrific nose (Which normally wouldn't be a huge deal, but ever have it going so long and tissueing it so much that it actually hurts to tissue/sniffle?), random effects of being very cold, and a sap of energy.

See, call me a wuss, but I'd like to stay home, all things considered. Whenever I think about staying home however, I always have to think of more situations than just if I'm too sick. I also have to think about if I have assignments/tests to write, just because I don't want to go through the hassle of getting what I actually need to be excused for my day off. So since I had an english assignment due Thursday (It was so bad, since I did it in like 5 minutes XD), I went to school basically just keeping consiousness barely. Same thing goes for Friday (Excuse for going Friday is math quiz).

See, because others don't seem to understand what I'm feeling (Passing off, "Me feeling sick," as, "Mostly good but a little off"), they seem to think I'm just being lazy.

Like my dad being frustrated that I didn't want to go to church this morning because I was still feeling like crap. Or my best friend thinking it was weird cause I thought it was really cold outside, and him saying, "Being sick doesn't make you feel colder!" (I wanted to slap him, albeit jokingly).

And there's a few reasons why I don't want to miss any school this week (Or for the rest of the semester even):

a) Math. I failed Grade 10 math last year due to constantly being sick and sleeping through classes whenever I was there (But did get a high enough final mark to go to summer school anyways). So I don't want to fail math again (Working muchos harder this time through)

b) Stage Band. Not only am I loving this class, but because we do professional style performances, I'd feel guilty about missing any classes, despite being the worst player in my section (Although, positive reinforcement does wonders on one's playing ability). It's just a commitment that I'd rather not miss.

Well blah, stuck in a corner. Go useless complaining!

EDIT: Cause albeit just looked weird http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT2: Damnations, my sig is a gigglefest

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-02-19 19:31 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Feb 20, 2006, 12:29 AM
If your sick you need to rest. Just drink a lot of orange juice and eat a lot of soups with vegetables. If I have a sore throat I usually drink green tea(in extremne cases my mom gives me green tea, with vodka and peppermints and some other crap). I would say take some over the counter medicine but theres debate over if over the counter stuff actually stop your sickness.

I hate being sick, especially when it affects my stomach, and nose. Not to long ago I was sick for a week and some days an it was terrible.

You could just go to your math class and leave school after it or you can stay home and read your math book at home.

ABDUR101
Feb 20, 2006, 01:04 AM
Everyone in my family caught a cold/sinus infection.

I started treating mine with screwdrivers today. Hopefully have some Sudafed tommorow.

Alcohol and over the counter combination for great justice!

KodiaX987
Feb 20, 2006, 08:51 AM
I feel for you PJ. So much that I'm experiencing the same symptons right now.

*achoo!* x_X

DevinTre
Feb 20, 2006, 09:28 AM
Gah, that sucks. I get the exact same thing at least 3 times a year. -_- And all my doc does is throw pills down my throat that only add on side effects that make me feel crappier. =p She did suggest I get a humidifier, and it does help to some degree, I admit.

Hope you feel better soon, PJ.

Saiffy
Feb 20, 2006, 09:32 AM
Springtime, everything is fresh, summer is coming, yay!

Yeah, my only foe. In grade 8 I missed over a week of school because of how sick I was. Even if I wanted to go, I couldn't of. I don't even have any allergies either.

I've been really sick on my birthday for as long as I can pretty much remember, save last year though.

BogusKun
Feb 20, 2006, 08:18 PM
Japanese Flu Virus (Snuffy Nose Version)

Yeah. You Know It!

I HATE IT!

Daikarin
Feb 22, 2006, 07:43 PM
It doesn't work to... ah, work while you feel you won't be able to keep up due to your sickness. I ride the bus a lot and people cough everywhere around me. Thank God I'm healthy, but in some seasons I do get a virus or something of the sort that drags me down. I once couldn't even focus, trying to studying or even reading.

Don't mind what other people say. Nobody knows better what you're able to do and what you're not able to do when you're not sick. It's better to relax first than to push it too much, might end up making you worse. I hate staying somewhere without being able to do something, like a burden. But take the time to have a nap or something simple to make time pass while you get better.

washuguy
Feb 25, 2006, 10:18 AM
Man that sucks!! If you had an immune system like mine,you would feel better in no time!For some reason my system easily kills virus based thingys,And otc pills get crushed,so they don't work for me.That is wierd!! get better soon,go to sleep,say hi to your mommy for me,and orange juice kicks ass!!

AUTO_
Feb 26, 2006, 10:11 PM
I have a virus right now that basically makes my body feel like one giant cramp...I hate it worse than being really sick.

Dre_o
Feb 26, 2006, 10:19 PM
Darn...that sounds like it sucks beyond comprehension. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I don't get sick. I'm well built (aka husky) and thus I don't get cold or sick very easily. In fact during my whole school career, I've missed about 4 days total due to sickness.

I feel for you none the less. Eat well and drinks lots of fluids.

OdinTyler
Feb 26, 2006, 11:29 PM
Id say thats an allergy. Usually that comes in the spring from pollen or what not. Fluids help but alot of rest will definitely help. That & eating to keep up your strength. One thing that can help your throat would be ice cream. That or yogurt or some other dairy product can help soothe your throat. True, it might build up fluid in your system (the bad kind) with you being sick. However, its 1 thing to try.
As for migraines, 1 of the best things you can do is to go soak your head (no im not trying to be funny, Im serious). Keep your head cool, maybe your head wet on regular intervals. It will help bring your temperature down & ease up pressure on your head. Its not a cure but it helps. That & rest has been known to help with bad headaches.

CupOfCoffee
Feb 26, 2006, 11:41 PM
Eek--I know how being sick goes. I don't get sick very often, but my best buddy is coughing her lungs out and having fevers virtually half the time. She's an asthmatic, too, so when it comes, it comes bad.

Here's to your quick recovery. *clink*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2006-02-26 20:43 ]</font>

Scopes
Feb 27, 2006, 01:16 AM
Didn't read all that, but I got yer sick and having problems. Good luck with that. Hope you feel better.

Atayin
Feb 27, 2006, 01:30 AM
Being sick and stuck inside is rough. I think it's important to know your limits and chill so that your body can recover to a full 100% and you don't end up getting sick again. Personally, i've been stuck inside for the past month or so due to a spontaneous pneumothorax in the left lung due to physical overexertion (and some brisk winter air). Good times. So, all in all, I guess it could be worse, right? We'll both get better. It's just important to take it easy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Scopes
Feb 27, 2006, 02:14 AM
I haven't gotten any jobs worth the effort to money in about a month if it makes you feel any better...

You can make decent cash with some tattered clothes, lack of a razor, and a McDonalds cup... Not saying to do it though >.>