PDA

View Full Version : Weird thoughts!

Saiffy
Feb 21, 2006, 09:56 AM
I had a lot of stuff for this, but decided to make it shorter.

I've had weird thoughts lately, almost like they aren't mine. Thinking about killing myself because I can, not because I'm depressed. Thinking of skipping school not because I'm bored of the classes or anything. Just because I can. I've been unable to concentrate in anything. Just a whole bunch of junk that makes therapists say "You're depressed. Lets give you some drugs to fuck around with your emotions".

Something is obviously bugging me a lot. But I can't put my finger on it, because nothing is terribly upsetting right now.

rena-ko
Feb 21, 2006, 11:25 AM
you seem to lack a goal for your life.

PIT
Feb 21, 2006, 01:01 PM
so do i, but i've already tried to kill myself >_>

DevinTre
Feb 21, 2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah. And 9 times out of 10 you just get labeled as emo, and when you look up, everybody's gone.

The truth is, a lot of people feel the same way, they just don't acknowledge it because they're afraid to sound like what they consider to be an emo loser. But there's nothing wrong with saying, "Hey, something's not right and I don't know what to do!" All anyone tells you is to either get over it, go to a doctor, and/or seek counseling.

But sometimes you just need a friend you can trust who won't judge you and talk about you behind your back. Sounds simple, but it does help. Whatever the case, it's not always easy to pinpoint that void and find an answer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DevinTre on 2006-02-21 10:20 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Feb 21, 2006, 02:15 PM
Find someone to bitch to. Usually works for me.

Preferably a good friend, in person. Someone willing to sit and listen.

In a local starbucks too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

All else fails, sit at home and find some good music. Take a day off , relax, and let it out.

... Dashboard Confessional is not emo! >_<;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-02-21 11:19 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 21, 2006, 02:58 PM
plan your life. on your own, with your parents, with a good friend, some adult relative, in general someone you can trust.

once you have a realistic goal, you'll have a reason not to skip school, not to end your life, not to do something stupid.

good luck.

ABDUR101
Feb 21, 2006, 03:21 PM
You're bored with what you're currently doing in life, maybe not enjoying what you've been doing and need either a change of pace, scenery, or just a change in general.

You could sit down and look into setting a goal, but I'm not big on setting goals in life.

First goal in life, enjoy as much of it as you can. When you stop enjoying what you're doing and where you're at, move on to something else.

Granted, you're too young to start skipping around to do different things on your own. But all in all, you'll get there.

I'm not the best person to give advice on goals and living in general, because I have an unorthodox view on that entirely, so I'll skip the deeper shpiel of it.

Charmander02
Feb 21, 2006, 05:11 PM
Go out and do something fun, hang out with friends and laugh etc.

I guess that'll get your mind off it.

zwandude15
Feb 21, 2006, 08:13 PM
Those thoughts...

It's the beast inside you.

Think about it. If we wanted to, we could stay home from school. Parents might have their way with it and say no, and then you think again,"Maybe I could kill them while I'm at it..."

Our conscious mind keeps us from being hostile all the time. Technically, we have the ability to go out and kill people, but, we don't. We're civilized, and we'd rather stick around as long as possible...

I've thought about it too...just think about the decimation of the people in Rwanda. People killed innocent lives simply because they were told to...almost like machines....

Skorpius
Feb 21, 2006, 08:45 PM
Do something constructive, because you can.

Wyndham
Feb 21, 2006, 08:53 PM
On 2006-02-21 06:56, Saiffy wrote:
I had a lot of stuff for this, but decided to make it shorter.

I've had weird thoughts lately, almost like they aren't mine. Thinking about killing myself because I can, not because I'm depressed. Thinking of skipping school not because I'm bored of the classes or anything. Just because I can. I've been unable to concentrate in anything. Just a whole bunch of junk that makes therapists say "You're depressed. Lets give you some drugs to fuck around with your emotions".

Something is obviously bugging me a lot. But I can't put my finger on it, because nothing is terribly upsetting right now.

I have problems similar to what you're saying. Let me put it this way. I was sitting in a chair on a balcony with my sister looking over it. I kept seeing images of myself pushing her off, and they wouldn't leave. I ended up leaving VERY early, and I really do not like to think about it much. my advice is you avoid similar situations, and just try to think of other things. go to the movies , get the biggest popcorn and drink, and make sure you pick a movie that's at least 2 hours long.
It helps me, as well as watching tv and eating pickles.

Eihwaz
Feb 21, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-02-21 17:45, Skorpius wrote:
Do something constructive, because you can.

Quoted for truth. :3

If you ever just need to talk to someone, you have my AIM and MSN handles. Send me a message, and I'll be glad to talk to you.

Dangerous55
Feb 21, 2006, 10:00 PM
Sounds like you want attention.

Dre_o
Feb 21, 2006, 11:27 PM
If all else fails. Chop wood. With an axe. Then make something out of the wood. Make both your body and mind tired. Then take a nap.

Solstis
Feb 22, 2006, 12:13 PM
On 2006-02-21 17:13, zwandude15 wrote:
Those thoughts...

It's the beast inside you.

Think about it. If we wanted to, we could stay home from school. Parents might have their way with it and say no, and then you think again,"Maybe I could kill them while I'm at it..."

Our conscious mind keeps us from being hostile all the time. Technically, we have the ability to go out and kill people, but, we don't. We're civilized, and we'd rather stick around as long as possible...

I've thought about it too...just think about the decimation of the people in Rwanda. People killed innocent lives simply because they were told to...almost like machines....

It's probably instincts that keep us from killing each other, and conscious thought that rationalizes the death of others. A traditional animal would kill for food or shelter, not just because it could.

Try getting a job? Pick up a hobby? Do what Skorpius said in general?

Daikarin
Feb 22, 2006, 07:31 PM
That a person can have multiple personalities according to his/her mood, is nothing new. That a person can have different lines of thought without (apparently) nothing from where the influence comes, depends on the person. You may have the multiple personality syndrom, in which you just discover you have more than one way of reacting, of being.

But what is thought anyway? We know it's what comes from a person's mind. But is does it go from the mind to the brain or vice-versa (Considering the brain as the muscle, and the mind as in, the center of your thoughts)? Einstein himself used to say that he didn't arrive to the formula, the formula arrived to him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-02-22 16:36 ]</font>