PDA

View Full Version : Huge lobbies but.....missions?

SekotheFOmar
Feb 21, 2006, 09:38 PM
I don't get it, we have these huge lobbies but have to go to a small room to make a game and level up. I guess I shouldn't be saying this until I actually play the game but the info right now seems odd to me.

Nash
Feb 21, 2006, 09:49 PM
It's still quite sketchy how online works, we've had much more information about the offline game. The missions might just be the equivalent of the Hunter's Guild.

I expect you will still be able to play PSO style level-then-boss as well.

_Tek_
Feb 21, 2006, 10:09 PM
A team of six is actaully quite large for a game like this, and we dont go to a small room to level up, we got a large landscape to go about(levels that are wider than those in PSO).

SekotheFOmar
Feb 21, 2006, 10:37 PM
Now I think of it on blueburst its easy to beat all four levels on episodes 1. I'll just wait on new info on online.

OdinTyler
Feb 21, 2006, 11:02 PM
Theres a dedicated counter you go to in order to create a team. At that point, you can do missions or go XP. The small room you referred to is actually a large room, basically an apartment. Every character gets their own apartment called My Room. You can customize the look of it, store your items & invite people there (granting/denying access).

SekotheFOmar
Feb 21, 2006, 11:25 PM
no I said small room as in the place where the NPCs are to create a game room for xp and items

_Tek_
Feb 22, 2006, 12:48 AM
I don't understand this thread anymore.

coomdoom
Feb 22, 2006, 11:24 AM
i think he/she means like p2 on pso

Atayin
Feb 22, 2006, 01:35 PM
Personally, I'd like them to stop showing so much about the lobbies and rooms and I'd like them to move onto showing a little bit more about missions, combat and so on. I'm sure they'll get around to it, but I'm eager to learn a little more about how the game plays.

OdinTyler
Feb 22, 2006, 03:04 PM
Yes, read what I said. When you decide where you want to go, you select a mission or place to transport to. Its exactly the same as PSO except that you can be in team before going to go XP.

DeathMachine
Feb 22, 2006, 04:47 PM
You level your CLASS in the city. Not your other stats.

2D
Feb 23, 2006, 10:57 AM
*Blinks*
I get what odin is saying but..No one esle.

Kano-Okami
Feb 23, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-02-23 07:57, 2D wrote:
*Blinks*

Your not the only one. From what I've seen, we have yet to see the guild counter, and Seko hasn't read what Odin has been talking about
..or doesn't understand, and DeathMachine.. what the heck are you talking about?

Atayin
Feb 23, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-02-23 12:45, Kano-Okami wrote:

On 2006-02-23 07:57, 2D wrote:
*Blinks*

Your not the only one. From what I've seen, we have yet to see the guild counter, and Seko hasn't read what Odin has been talking about
..or doesn't understand, and DeathMachine.. what the heck are you talking about?

Don't bother. There are bound to be things out there that are better worth your time in trying to understand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DeathMachine
Feb 24, 2006, 12:54 PM
What...I...am...saying...is...that...you level your Class (ie: Hunter/Ranger/Force)...at the counter. Not the level on your character (ie: I'm level 17. Three more monsters and I'll be 18).

Was that slow enough to understand?

Kano-Okami
Feb 24, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-02-24 09:54, DeathMachine wrote:
What...I...am...saying...is...that...you level your Class (ie: Hunter/Ranger/Force)...at the counter. Not the level on your character (ie: I'm level 17. Three more monsters and I'll be 18).

Was that slow enough to understand?

I understand what you said very well, but it doesn't have anything to do with Seko's question..or anything else mentioned.
While we now know you have a Class level, I still believe that the characters will have a cumatilive level, rather then viewing 3 indivual levels or seeing only the current class level. For an example, a character would be lv 23, with 10 lvs in hunter, 6 in ranger and 7 in force; if this said character gained 1 level while being a Hunter class, the new Hunter level would be 11 and would have an overall level of 24 while on the field (or 'game' as Seko referred). The counter you mentioned is only to switch your current class.

OdinTyler
Feb 24, 2006, 08:44 PM
I really dont think thats how it will be. You will have a standard lvl (for your character). Then, as you lvl up, youll gain points to appropriate to your current type. It may have a lvl but I doubt it will be considered part of your official character lvl. It WILL more than likely be separate. So if say youre lvl 15, it wont be 5 hunter, 5 ranger, 5 force. Youd be a lvl 15, with the abilities in those types at those lvls. I dont mean to make it complicate but I feel thats how it will turn out to be.

NightHour13
Feb 26, 2006, 07:29 PM
What it is goes like this (odin and I have explained this before): You have a level for your character. It's not like you alternate your class type to level them up i.e. Switch to force mode to level the force.

What you do is you have a Character level, your avatars level that regards HP, STR, DEX etc... Then as you gain levels and exp, you gain class points where, as Death Machine said, you go to the counter and spend them to level your class levels. Your character is a product of these levels and their race. The Class levels only effect their respective weapons and skills, such as magic and ability to use ranged weapons. You yourself are not a set Hunter or Force, you're you and you level those area's up seperatly while they affect your characters abilities.

ulyoth
Feb 26, 2006, 07:55 PM
I think it would be better if when you get a lv up you get the option to choose a type of class upgrade. So if you choose HU youll get more Atp and Hp. If you choose FO youll get more MST etc.

OdinTyler
Feb 26, 2006, 11:01 PM
That's kinda what we're saying. If you tend to focus as a Hunter type, expect to get more ATP. Force-types should expect more MST. That type of thing. Just like in PSO where you had to lvl a certain stat high enough to use certain weps, same goes here. Only now, you have more flexibility to use what you like. It will also help make you more individual as its going to be difficult to have someone raise their char close to identical as you have.