PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

InfinityXXX
Feb 23, 2006, 06:53 PM
Tuesday of next week will be my school's Multicultural assembly. What it is? All the clubs that pertain to cultures or languages get together and put on an assembly. Each club has a part, and in their part they must do something of their culture. It's a really fun assembly.

So far the participants are the African American Club, French Club, Spanish Club, Asian-American club, and Native American Club.

Now i am the president of the African American club and we have put on a 3 part piece. The members of the African American club will dance to a song.(lean with it rock with it) They'll pause and I'll read a poem(Its called Recaliming Ourselves) they'll dance to another song(Lose Control by Missy Elliott) and I'll read off some great acomplishments of African Americans.

As president I have to go to dance rehearsals and today we had rehearsal. I djed the songs while they practiced and all was going well until....some people(who aren't even in african american club or never go to the meetings) show up.

They get on stage and start dancing while we're rehearsing, acting up. The leader of their pack was an ex African American club dancer and he had a serious attitude. He kept f******* with the radio and dancing all up on our dancers and then the bitch had the nerve to get an attitude with me cuz I didn't play any songs he liked.

So, I walked up on stage,Faced him, smiled, looked him in the eye, and said, "Bitch, you can get to steppin', All yal motha******* can get to steppin out of here"

I walked back to the radio and he was saying some crap about me but I just turned on the radio and we continued dancing.
-----------------
This whole event pissed me off cause this has been going on for a while now. We have rehearsal tommorow and If they show up again,I'm gonna get a teacher or something. I do'nt really like telling on people but If it continues I'll might have to do it.

Oh and I forgot to metion that they were in the auditorium before we got there, hogging our radio and stage and we had a teacher tell them to leave.

Atayin
Feb 24, 2006, 02:35 PM
Infinity, are you familiar with the Boondocks? Because it sounded like you were about to experience a N**** moment (Yes, I've sensored the word so as not to offend any oversensitive people here). I think I'd be pretty upset about it too. It's not like you guys are trying to put together a random talent show, it's a much bigger deal then that. Thess guys need to be humbled and start showing some respect for what those of you who are serious about it are trying to put together. If telling on him helps things move along more smoothly, then you're totally right in doing it.

For those of you not familiar with my Boondocks reference, here's a clip (http://www.linkswarm.com/viewlink-26223.html), but be warned. There is vulger language including the use of the N word. A lot of people see it and think it's just a joke, but it isn't. Sure, it's funny, but some of it's true. And it is not offensive because it doesn't promote this kind of behavior, or create a stereotype, or look down on a certain race. There are just certain ignorant people out there who help perpetuate a negative image.

I'm just glad that once you got confrontational with him that you guys didn't end up exchanging blows. That's probably what would have happened around here (where I live) and it would have looked really bad, you know what I mean? Some ignorant fool isn't worth ruining a positive message for your show. People would only remember which Club got into a fight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-24 11:36 ]</font>

Dek
Feb 24, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-02-24 11:35, Atayin wrote:
Infinity, are you familiar with the Boondocks?

Nah (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=104357&forum=9), I don't think he is (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=105084&forum=9) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(just kidding around)

Anyways, you may want to have a teacher stay at reherals at all times.

Isn't there a director for the entire show? If so, why wasn't he or she there?

InfinityXXX
Feb 25, 2006, 10:09 AM
Lol, don't worry, I'm not offended. I love the Boondocks a lot(cartoon and comic strip) and I know what your saying about "the ***** moment".lol

Though it's funny its really true and I almost got in one. But those moments can happen with anyone thats an ass and stupid.

That day our sponsor couldn't make it so another teacher was "suppose" to be there with us but she never showed up but...

Yesterday we had rehearsal with the other clubs and all of them had their sponsors including us so he didn't show up. We got a lot done yesterday too.