PDA

View Full Version : Official PSU site update 2-24-06

lostinseganet
Feb 24, 2006, 06:19 AM
Some interesting info on seeds. In the world section It seems they can affect the lands around them. Perhaps this will lead to new varations of levels.

Ryna
Feb 24, 2006, 07:21 AM
It is good to see that they are still doing updates, even if this seems to be a small one.

As for the update, it seems like some weaponry is also being spotlighted in the SEED section. If someone could extract the images and provide a translation, I'll put together a front page news story.

Kano-Okami
Feb 24, 2006, 08:10 AM
The new images can be seen here:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/seed1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/seed2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/seed3copy.jpg
I'll turn these images into thumbnail links when I return, during my break.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-02-24 05:11 ]</font>

Tycho
Feb 24, 2006, 08:14 AM
I'll take a shot at translating the info.
EDIT: Kano-Okami, will you get the pics from page 2 and 3 too?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-02-24 05:15 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Feb 24, 2006, 09:02 AM
As usual, I don't have time to do a proper translation right now, as I have to leave for work momentarily, but I can work on it once I get home this evening. If you need any assistance, Tycho, I'll be happy to help out.

I have glanced over a little of the information, though. It mainly discusses the SEED virus and its infectious properties. The second page mentions that the Guardians created special tools for use against SEED blooms. They are known as the Photon Reflector and Photon Laser.

DavidNel
Feb 24, 2006, 09:16 AM
the screenshots look pretty...

Kano-Okami
Feb 24, 2006, 09:45 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/usp.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/transition.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/pclean.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/gunz.png

I'm still working on these images, I'll finish them momentarily.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-02-24 14:02 ]</font>

Tycho
Feb 24, 2006, 09:58 AM
On 2006-02-24 06:02, EspioKaos wrote:
As usual, I don't have time to do a proper translation right now, as I have to leave for work momentarily, but I can work on it once I get home this evening. If you need any assistance, Tycho, I'll be happy to help out.

Well.. to be honest I do think I need some help. x_x
Can you recognize this thing? (Last kanji, first line, first page)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Tycho01/freakingmonster.jpg

Ryna
Feb 24, 2006, 10:35 AM
I have glanced over a little of the information, though. It mainly discusses the SEED virus and its infectious properties. The second page mentions that the Guardians created special tools for use against SEED blooms. They are known as the Photon Reflector and Photon Laser.

Photon Reflector? This is the first I've heard of this weapon. I wonder if it is a rifle-type or new type of weapon entirely.

Also, thanks for the images Kano-Okami. I can tell it is very difficult to do a decent job of "cutting-out" the rifle weapon because of the photon glow.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Feb 24, 2006, 10:54 AM
On 2006-02-24 06:58, Tycho wrote:

Well.. to be honest I do think I need some help. x_x
Can you recognize this thing? (Last kanji, first line, first page)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Tycho01/freakingmonster.jpg

It doesnt help that they are written so small... I can't tell what it is either... Which probably means I havent learned it yet X_x

Man, I was hoping for a more substantial update... seeing as they skipped out on a week... The bulk of this update is gonna be in the translations... So I guess we'll just have to wait.

Ryna
Feb 24, 2006, 11:00 AM
On 2006-02-24 07:54, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
Man, I was hoping for a more substantial update... seeing as they skipped out on a week... The bulk of this update is gonna be in the translations... So I guess we'll just have to wait.

I'm just happy to see that there was an update. If would have been a troublesome sign if there had been none. Still, you can expect the updates to be fairly small each week since Sonic Team has to stretch their pre-launch material for longer than what was originally expected.

Tycho
Feb 24, 2006, 12:44 PM
I've been able to copy the contents into an RTF (had to look up nearly all kanji, know all except the one mentioned above now), now I'm trying to translate it. x_x
Anyway, what are 'Wils' ('wirusu'), 'Bloome' ('buruume') and 'Zooma' ('zouma'), 'Valia' ('baria')? All are katakana-words, by the way...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-02-24 09:56 ]</font>

Saffran
Feb 24, 2006, 01:18 PM
It's "oou", to cover a surface.

Wils should be "Virus", burrume is "Blume" (Flower in German) Varia is surelz "Barrier" but "zooma"... I think it's a short form of rhizoma or rhizome, which is a pedantic word for stem.

Tycho
Feb 24, 2006, 02:15 PM
SEED corrosion

The methods by which the SEED cause corrosion
When the seeds of SEED fall onto the ground, they rapidly augment root-like treestumps , and settle on the ground, covering it. Furthermore, they make flower-like things bloom, and then, like a virus, emit corrosion cells like pollen (although the SEED virus have no effect on human bodies). The SEED core that sticks onto the ground develops a special barrier called Blume (= flower).

Exterminating SEEDs
Regular arms have no effect on Blume whatsoever. In order to be able to destroy them with just power, nothing but overwhelming firepower at the level of the allied armies' would be feasible. Accordingly, the Guardians developed specials tools called the 'Photon Eraser' and the 'Photon Reflector'. While even carrying these tools they cannot directly attack the Blume, by exposing the stems that play the role of the Blume's roots to these weapons, they have been able to make the Blume wither and launch a special attack on the real form of the SEED core. Again, using goggles to discover things like the stems and Photon Spots invisible to the naked eye is crucial.

The enigmatic life-form 'SEED' suddenly started flying into the Graal solar system. The SEED spread out on the outskirts of the site they had settled on, made flowers bloom from the tree stumps they had made sprout, and scattered corrosion-causing pollens. It is understandable that the calamity caused by SEED not only caused harm to the soil of the outskirts, but also caused a phenomenon turning the primitive life-forms ferocious.

Well, that was what I was able to make out of it, anyway. Thanks Saffran, couldn't have done it without ya. I realize these kind of texts are still far above my level, I still have a long way to go. The translation makes sense to me, but I did have to look up just about every single word containing kanji; so actually playing the game this way is going to be quite a challenge...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-02-24 11:19 ]</font>

Saffran
Feb 24, 2006, 02:24 PM
Well, you have several months to go until the game is out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
And you did quite well with that text IMO.

Atayin
Feb 24, 2006, 02:49 PM
This is a pretty interesting update. Looks like, instead of just running through levels and bashing enemies, there will be some more involved objectives. Nice job on the translations, too. As always, much appreciated.

Pseudo
Feb 24, 2006, 03:16 PM
Looking at the pictures, each seed/seedling looks like it has an element attached to it whether its fire/ice etc. Im wondering, if once the stem is destroyed you can use parts of the plant on weapons or even your PM?

The reflector sounds like a good idea, if im not mistaken the weapon is being used in one of those screenshots, producing what looks like flame onto the ice SEED, perhaps opposite elements/photons are needed to kill each SEED.

OdinTyler
Feb 24, 2006, 03:22 PM
On 2006-02-24 12:16, Pseudo wrote:
Looking at the pictures, each seed/seedling looks like it has an element attached to it whether its fire/ice etc. Im wondering, if once the stem is destroyed you can use parts of the plant on weapons or even your PM?

The reflector sounds like a good idea, if im not mistaken the weapon is being used in one of those screenshots, producing what looks like flame onto the ice SEED, perhaps opposite elements/photons are needed to kill each SEED.

True, & you know in story fashion, a scientist will want to 'research' SEED & want you to gather up DNA 'for the good of all'. You know ppl with motives like (cough) Osto Hyle, that bastard. (cough)

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 24, 2006, 07:01 PM
No effect on humans, but what about the other races?

And could it be the pollen that activated the guardians in those ancient ruins?

Kano-Okami
Feb 24, 2006, 07:40 PM
On 2006-02-24 07:35, Ryna wrote:

Photon Reflector? This is the first I've heard of this weapon. I wonder if it is a rifle-type or new type of weapon entirely.

Also, thanks for the images Kano-Okami. I can tell it is very difficult to do a decent job of "cutting-out" the rifle weapon because of the photon glow.

Thank you for the recognition, but cutting the rifle wasn't the problem..It was because I tried to make a transparent image as a jpeg..which doesn't work. (png are the best format for transparent images and even those lose quality)
Hmm.. The crystalized SEED Blooms remind me of the spawn points in Shining Force.

OdinTyler
Feb 24, 2006, 08:42 PM
On 2006-02-24 16:01, Jonathan_F wrote:

And could it be the pollen that activated the guardians in those ancient ruins?

1. Im sure the other races have some effect or connection to them, especially Newmen being of a religion that gives honor to photons.

2. Actually, snooping around in the Relics is kind of why they come to life. The ones I fought seemed mechanical/golem-like as if Magashi were controlling them.

EspioKaos
Feb 24, 2006, 08:57 PM
Sorry I couldn't help you out when you asked earlier, Tycho. I just got home from work. Heh, it's kind of nice not having to do the translation. Very nice work on it, incidentally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Guess now I can finish up translating the trailer.

In the text, it actually just says "hito," which translates as "person," not specifically human. So, I think it would encompass all races. I wonder about casts, though, as I recall from an older trailer seeing Renvolt look all creepy-organic like he'd been infected by SEED. If that's the case, I get the feeling he probably did it through self-infection to get said results.

Tycho
Feb 25, 2006, 02:56 AM
On 2006-02-24 17:57, EspioKaos wrote:
Sorry I couldn't help you out when you asked earlier, Tycho. I just got home from work. Heh, it's kind of nice not having to do the translation. Very nice work on it, incidentally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Guess now I can finish up translating the trailer.

In the text, it actually just says "hito," which translates as "person," not specifically human. So, I think it would encompass all races.

Yeah.
I think it just means playable races won't be affected, so you'll just have to worry about the animals-turned-monsters.

Ryna
Feb 25, 2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the translation Tycho. I'll do some editing to make it flow better and put together a front page story.

I'm still wondering whether the Photon Eraser and Photon Reflection should be classified as weapons or tools.

Also, I'm wondering if some of your quests will involve SEED plant removal.

Does anyone know where the Photon Reflector (I think that is the gun with the dish) was seen before?

Segaholic2
Feb 25, 2006, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure I understand what SEED really is supposed to be. Just another enemy to fight? Why will it require special weapons and goggles and such.

Ryna
Feb 25, 2006, 06:41 PM
On 2006-02-25 13:57, Segaholic2 wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what SEED really is supposed to be. Just another enemy to fight? Why will it require special weapons and goggles and such.

Spoilers ahead...

In the offline story, a SEED invasion attacks the A.M.F's (military organization) space fleet on the 100th anniversary of the Graal Alliance Treaty. During the chaos, Lumia (Ethan's Sister) goes missing. Presumably, if the SEED invasion is left unchecked, all of the planets will become uninhabitable for the indigenous races. It is likely that there is another force behind the SEED infestation.

MXdude
Feb 25, 2006, 06:46 PM
I hope you only have to do this offline, I dont want to have to destroy these things online. Does anyone know if its only offline?

Ryna
Feb 25, 2006, 06:49 PM
On 2006-02-25 15:46, MXdude wrote:
I hope you only have to do this offline, I dont want to have to destroy these things online. Does anyone know if its only offline?

Based on previous online quest screen translations, we know that SEED will be making an appearance in some form in Online Mode.