PDA

View Full Version : No love for the MAC?

Kano-Okami
Feb 27, 2006, 05:15 PM
Has anyone else wondered why this game isn't going to be available for the MAC ?

SephYuyX
Feb 27, 2006, 06:24 PM
lol mac.

DeathMachine
Feb 27, 2006, 06:24 PM
Because the MAC is unloved....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nash
Feb 27, 2006, 08:02 PM
Not very high up the Sega priority list.

You can't even use the SegaLink site on a Mac because of all the ActiveX crap.

volfed
Feb 27, 2006, 08:12 PM
The only MMORPG to go on mac that I know of so far was WoW but that was boring... *sigh*

I'll wind up playing this on my PS2 because of that, even though I need to pick up a network adapter for it.

Espilonarge
Feb 28, 2006, 01:57 PM
As far as I know, Sega/Sonic Team has never really had any support towards the MAC. Even then there would be no point since most new MAC's that are being made are using actual PC hardware so it would be better to just stick to one perticuler OS that seems to be the most used (in this case Windows.)

A2K
Feb 28, 2006, 02:18 PM
I'm not really wondering at all, personally. Apple computers in general usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to games--and not just games by Sega, either.

Logicone
Feb 28, 2006, 07:05 PM
A2K is right. The only game I can think of where PCs got the short end of the stick, so to speak, was the Marathon series. Knowing Mac luck, you'll never see it.

Espilonarge
Mar 1, 2006, 12:28 AM
Marathon has been "converted" for Windows if you didn't know. Search it up and be suprised. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Logicone
Mar 1, 2006, 02:00 AM
Only M2 was offical. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shadow_Wing
Mar 5, 2006, 05:54 PM
People expect to play PC games with a MAC @_@ might as well work with a Linux box =3.

Well givin that fact that they have the whole Intel chip now, however I can't say much about the rest of the hardware, it might be possible to run windows on essentially MAC hardware, go go X86!

So one can theortically run both Windows and OSX on a MAC computer now, however how well this might turn out... very badly lol, givin that Windows loves overwriting the MBR and incompatable hardware drivers and stuff hehe...

Lesson of the story boys and girls, if you want to play PC games, get a PC with Windows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-03-05 14:55 ]</font>

blade2569
Mar 5, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-03-05 14:54, Shadow_Wing wrote:
People expect to play PC games with a MAC @_@ might as well work with a Linux box =3.

Well givin that fact that they have the whole Intel chip now, however I can't say much about the rest of the hardware, it might be possible to run windows on essentially MAC hardware, go go X86!

So one can theortically run both Windows and OSX on a MAC computer now, however how well this might turn out... very badly lol, givin that Windows loves overwriting the MBR and incompatable hardware drivers and stuff hehe...

Lesson of the story boys and girls, if you want to play PC games, get a PC with Windows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-03-05 14:55 ]</font>

umm windows cant run on a mac, yet.
windows needs a BIOS, Macs dont have a BIOS, indtead they use a technoligy created by intel as an alternative. i do not know the name of it, but i do know that windows vista, which is due for a release ona a few months, will support this, so it would be possible.

personally, i think sega should just learn how to program decently, ive seen the code of pso, and some other games ( dont ask how ) and it's a mess. making windows games run on intel macs should be relatively easy.
I do not agree that they should just make games for the most popular system, being windows. there are a lot of people who dispise windows, like me and virtualy every programmer i know. Some people just dont like to go with the masses. Having said that, don't underestimate the size of the macintosh userbase http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif At the moment if find myself bound to windows because of school, personally i prefer Linux, and in the future ill be using a mac. windows pissed me off. i dont want to secure myself, and have to dig thru hundereds of menu to find a little option. and reboot after everything i do. but thats another matter.

If you ask me, sega should get their heads out of their ass and start listening to customers that don't speak japanese, and look at other platforms for a release. Im not just talking PC/Mac here.
Consider this: all of the next gen consoles are based on PowerPc CPU's, this means? they are alsmost complete mac clones, so port the shit to mac! and while you're porting anyway, hop by revolution, where the biggest pso userbase used to be ( well that was cube, but nintendo people will buy the next console anyway )

I hope i've been able to make my point. don't be restircted by anything, and dont run windows, it sucks ass unless you like your pc to be abused as a spamserver while you think you're safe with your crappy OEM antivirus software ( prolly norton ).

peace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blade2569 on 2006-03-05 19:07 ]</font>

ulyoth
Mar 6, 2006, 05:21 PM
I was actually considering getting a MAC, for the new PC im building but if PSU's not gonna ever be on MAC im not bothering XP