PDA

View Full Version : Rareware's merger...

labratpat
Sep 27, 2002, 05:45 PM
Two days ago, I was gonna check up on Rareware's progress with forthcoming projects, and find out that the loverly little British-based company has been bought out by MICROSOFT!!! I was enraged. I mean, they are like the best publishers out there, and now I hafta purchase an X-Box in order to continue playing their games... now, I get the whole deal with it being more money, and that is understandable, but STILL! They have been putting games on Nintendo systems for like ten years now. Oh, well. Is anyone else as flustered as I am?

ABDUR101
Sep 27, 2002, 06:08 PM
No, because I own an X-box..soo...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! XP

*/sudden outburst*

Balthor
Sep 27, 2002, 06:21 PM
Nintendo still owns most of the rights to a lot of Rare characters, Rare has full hold of the Conker and Perfect Dark franchise. So no need to get your panties in a twist, just wait it out and see what Rare does in the future. I just say let them bottom feeders have Rare, just gives em a chance to maybe make a decent game.

Har Har Har.

labratpat
Sep 27, 2002, 06:27 PM
According to Rare's info, several of their characters, including DK, Jet Force Gemini, and Banjo-Kazooie will all be moving with them... but you are right about the bottom-feeders maybe getting a good game...

Guile
Sep 29, 2002, 02:32 AM
Sonanana BITCH!!!!!!!
that sucks!

rbf2000
Sep 29, 2002, 02:48 AM
No way rare is getting Donkey Kong over Nintendo...

Donkey Kong is what made Nintendo.

Nidarrock
Oct 1, 2002, 11:41 AM
I am a bit upset that Rare has been bought by Microsoft. I think it would have been nice to see Rare games on other consoles, but not a specific one. Like Sega. I have an XBox so I'm still going to be able to play them. Hopefully though, as many others here have mentioned before, that this will bring back some great games from the past. *cough*Battletoads*cough*
I think what they are doing to Perfect Dark is wrong though, but thats just my opinion.

RuneLateralus
Oct 1, 2002, 11:53 AM
Do not blame Rare in the situation...Nintendo sold them. And the important thing is that the games will still come out.

labratpat
Oct 5, 2002, 02:43 PM
I guess so... but its just the idea of it. And after seeing what they did with Starfox... well, I guess I'll just hafta break down and buy a Box...

Danderdag
Oct 6, 2002, 01:01 AM
nintendo's business plans have been pretty confusing and stupid for many years.
Rare got fed up with it slowly and so they had to get out.
BTW, nintendo didnt want to sell rare. Nintendo HAD to sell their share in rare.
Nintendo had controlling interest, 49%. Rare's cofounder whats-his-name put the other 51% up for sale. MS bought it, which meant MS had controlling interest, and nintendo had ot sell the rest to them basically.

merlin
Oct 11, 2002, 07:55 PM
I am absolutely overjoyed at this news. I'm a Nintendo fan....always have been, but business is business. I'm also a Rare fan. I am also in awe of the sheer power of the XboX. To think of my favorite developer using the capabilities of Microsoft's machine to produce games that may very well be better than the spectacular StarFox on the Cube.......WOW!!!

hollowtip
Oct 12, 2002, 03:41 PM
I really think this is better for the console gaming community. You got a top notch developer like square, working on a top notch more technically advanced console. A new Perfect Dark or KI on the Box would really whet my whistle. Besides, the Box is in dire need of some A+ quality games anyways. Don't get me wrong MS has some awesome games on it's system, but I have yet to see anything since Halo that has made me say wow.

Alisha
Oct 13, 2002, 04:00 AM
actually in a way this could be bad because i think microsoft would be more likely to release a buggy game whereas the n demanded quality