PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Prodigy

PJ
Mar 2, 2006, 11:18 PM
I can see the future.

Or people are predictable.

I can't tell the difference http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

washuguy
Mar 2, 2006, 11:20 PM
Who are you then? Raven, or cleo?

PJ
Mar 2, 2006, 11:21 PM
Those guys are hobopolis, compared to me!

washuguy
Mar 2, 2006, 11:23 PM
Fronebullar is psychic...

Wyndham
Mar 2, 2006, 11:29 PM
On 2006-03-02 20:23, washuguy wrote:
Fronebullar is psychic...

And I'm just plain mental.

Rion772
Mar 2, 2006, 11:36 PM
If your a prodigy then I'm a cycloptic power plant reject hobo who is never, ever tired.

Blitzkommando
Mar 2, 2006, 11:38 PM
I blame my premonitions on déjà vu.

BahnKnakyu
Mar 3, 2006, 02:14 AM
You're an extinct online service?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 3, 2006, 03:48 AM
Which one is PJ?

http://prodigy.stsland.ru/9.jpg

Yellow glasses mutton chop weirdo?

Eww.

own_u_all2000
Mar 4, 2006, 12:28 PM
which one of those dudes is the singer?

Shattered_weasel
Mar 4, 2006, 01:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1c/Prodigy_%28comics%29.jpg

Prodigy is a mutant one of the student body in the Xavier Institute, and a member of the New Mutants squad therein. His real name is David Alleyne, and he first appeared in New Mutants (volume 2) #4.

David has the ability to temporarily absorb knowledge (but not superpowers) from anyone in close proximity who is not telepathically shielded. A mental block keeps him from retaining the knowledge once the person has passed a certain distance away from him. In the storyline "Too Much Information," David asks Emma Frost to remove the block, ignoring his faculty advisor Danielle Moonstar's warnings. Instead of removing the block, Emma and Dani subject David to a startling vision of a possible future should David go through with the procedure. The following is a brief synopsis of that dream:

Quickly surpassing all the teachers at the school (after all, he knew everything they did simply by passing by them). He leaves the school, telling Josh (aka Elixir) that he would use Josh's healing power to heal every disease known to mankind for free. A few years later, David has gained the knowldege of Stephen Hawking, Tony Stark, Henry Kissinger, and many other prominent geniuses simply by passing near enough to them to gain their knowledge. He announces at a press conference that he has cures for AIDS, cancer and every other known disease. He plans to distribute this cure across the entire country in a matter of weeks. These cures come at a high price, however, as Josh dies during the medical procedure that harvested the tissue needed for the cures from his body.

Eighteen years later, David had married former teammate Noriko Ashida, Surge, been elected President of the United States, eliminated poverty, unemployment, and discrimination against mutants, and has nearly created a worldwide government. The only major holdout is China, which he plans to bomb via teleportation. He has declared the Hellions (a rival group of the New Mutants) as terrorist threats and blamed them for killing the X-Men (David had killed them by dispatching them to investigate a satellite, which he subsequently caused to explode. The Hellions and New Mutants (including David's wife) stage an assault on the White House. David's security forces kill most of the attackers. In the end, Surge uses her powers to destoy the White House and everyone remaining in it.

At this point, David awakes from the illusion and at the urging of Dani and Emma decides to keep the mental block in place, at least until he is mature enough to deal with his increased powers.

Prodigy, however, seems destined never to have his mental block removed. In the wake of House of M storyline, he appears to be one of the mutants who have lost their powers. When he and Josh wake up, Josh asks him whats going on, and David replies that he does not know anything.

Wiki knows all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shattered_weasel on 2006-03-04 10:04 ]</font>

astuarlen
Mar 4, 2006, 01:12 PM
Post too long [read: attention span too short].

Shattered_weasel
Mar 4, 2006, 01:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=attention+span+too+short&go=Go