PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 Official Magazine Rumor - PSU is Coming

Ryna
Mar 4, 2006, 01:19 PM
I saw this on gamefront.de today:

Wertungen und Meldungen des 'Official Xbox 360 Magazine'

02.03.06 - *snip game reviews*

Meldungen aus der Gerüchterubrik
- Das MMORPG Vanguard soll nicht mehr für Xbox 360 erscheinen.

- Phantasy Star Universe könnte für Xbox 360 kommen.

- Starcraft Ghost für Xbox 360 ist nicht geplant.

- World of Warcraft wird es nicht für Xbox 360 geben.

which is being translated by Google as:

Valuations and messages of the ' Official Xbox of 360 magazines '

Messages from the rumor column
- the MMORPG Vanguard is not to appear any more for Xbox 360.
- Phantasy star of university verses could come for Xbox 360.
- Starcraft Ghost for Xbox 360 is not planned.
- World OF Warcraft will not give it for Xbox to 360.

So this is another rumor to ponder and speculate about.

Atayin
Mar 4, 2006, 02:17 PM
Well, I guess if it is released for 360, it'll probably gain more popularity at least. PSU in HD would look pretty cool too, I bet.

Thanks for the info, Ryna.

Nash
Mar 4, 2006, 04:03 PM
Based on the lead times of magazines, I think this is just recycling the earlier rumour.

Espilonarge
Mar 4, 2006, 04:08 PM
Phantasy Star University? Woah, now theres something I would love to play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

_Tek_
Mar 4, 2006, 04:34 PM
lawl university.

Endall
Mar 4, 2006, 07:42 PM
LEARN TO DO THE PHANTASY STAR

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2192/gliding5mx.gif

Dhylec
Mar 4, 2006, 09:13 PM
Guys, let's stay with the topic please.

ajenteks
Mar 5, 2006, 01:29 PM
Offical = Rumormongering

That's kind of sad.

ShinMaruku
Mar 5, 2006, 09:30 PM
If it's goin to the 360, it best go to the PS3 and for go this late devopment becuase with these delays I wouldn't be surprised if it came when the PS3 get launched (When ever that is)

hypersaxon
Mar 5, 2006, 09:53 PM
Yet more evidence pointing towards an Xbox 360 release. Still keeping my fingers crossed...

GWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Padium
Mar 7, 2006, 08:13 AM
PSU on the 360 would be amazing! Just imagine the HD graphics! Also would be the Xbox live,(would you have to pay extra other than live fees to play online?)

kassy
Mar 7, 2006, 10:05 AM
The 360's 720p HD still won't look as good as a PC running PSU at 1600x1200.

And if I remember correctly, pso xbox players had to pay a monthly fee to Sega on top of their xbox live fee, so that could very well be the case again if they release PSU for the 360.

Hyda
Mar 7, 2006, 11:12 AM
Even so the same would be the case for the PS2. You would have to pay monthly to play online for PSU. You wouldn't be paying for the account though...So in a sense your doing the same thing like before just this time you aren't payong for the account...if thats the case.

A2K
Mar 7, 2006, 03:25 PM
I believe online RPGs on Xbox 360 work differently. I'm not 100% certain, but it's not required for you to have a Xbox Live Gold (as in, pay) account in order to play an online RPG with a subscription fee (such as the upcoming X360 version of FFXI).

(Xbox Live Silver accounts are free and allow you to have an online profile/presence, but not play multiplayer online and download demos and things.)

OdinTyler
Mar 8, 2006, 12:24 AM
If there were to be an X360 version, MS cant afford to charge players their own fee in addition to Sega's fee. If its going to be a universal system for all versions considered, theyd have to stick to a 1 fee plan. Otherwise, its gonna be deja vu.

Espilonarge
Mar 8, 2006, 09:03 AM
On 2006-03-05 18:30, ShinMaruku wrote:
If it's goin to the 360, it best go to the PS3 and for go this late devopment becuase with these delays I wouldn't be surprised if it came when the PS3 get launched (When ever that is)
The PS3 should be backwards compatible with PS2 games so there shouldn't be any real worry about issues like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As for the XBox 360, it isn't doing so well in Japan/China/Taiwan ever since launch day.

The real culprete is the XBox 360's a "English" based console. However you put it, the eastern side (Japan/China/Taiwan) is well known for being more towards RPG/Fantasy type games while the western prefer Action/Realism.

The question is would the eastern side take in a game developed for a console thats made in the west or will they frown upon such an idea?

Comparing the original XBox and PS2 selection of games, you can understand where everything comes from. As I said, just as XBox's hardware was developed for the western audience, PS2's is made for the eastern side.

The next delimer is the 360/PSU rumor itself. I would take it (and suggest others) to take it like a grain of salt. Without hard proof from Sega/SonicTeam themselves, its hard to validate it as true without proof. Unless otherwise stated on there website or its advertised in some way personally from them, there is no way to tell weather or not the rumor is true.

Rain_1
Mar 8, 2006, 09:57 AM
On 2006-03-07 12:25, A2K wrote:
I believe online RPGs on Xbox 360 work differently. I'm not 100% certain, but it's not required for you to have a Xbox Live Gold (as in, pay) account in order to play an online RPG with a subscription fee (such as the upcoming X360 version of FFXI).

(Xbox Live Silver accounts are free and allow you to have an online profile/presence, but not play multiplayer online and download demos and things.)

This man speaks the Truth..

OdinTyler
Mar 8, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-03-08 06:03, Espilonarge wrote:
The PS3 should be backwards compatible with PS2 games so there shouldn't be any real worry about issues like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As for the XBox 360, it isn't doing so well in Japan/China/Taiwan ever since launch day.

The real culprete is the XBox 360's a "English" based console. However you put it, the eastern side (Japan/China/Taiwan) is well known for being more towards RPG/Fantasy type games while the western prefer Action/Realism.

The question is would the eastern side take in a game developed for a console thats made in the west or will they frown upon such an idea?

Comparing the original XBox and PS2 selection of games, you can understand where everything comes from. As I said, just as XBox's hardware was developed for the western audience, PS2's is made for the eastern side.

The next delimer is the 360/PSU rumor itself. I would take it (and suggest others) to take it like a grain of salt. Without hard proof from Sega/SonicTeam themselves, its hard to validate it as true without proof. Unless otherwise stated on there website or its advertised in some way personally from them, there is no way to tell weather or not the rumor is true.

Im glad someone is listening & paying attention. Thank you! If Sega hasnt said it, ppl shouldnt keep assuming its coming out. Let the PS2 & PC users who have been waiting on this game get their game already. If official word comes out otherwise, thats different.

Rion772
Mar 8, 2006, 10:09 PM
On 2006-03-08 09:38, OdinTyler wrote:

On 2006-03-08 06:03, Espilonarge wrote:

Im glad someone is listening & paying attention. Thank you! If Sega hasnt said it, ppl shouldnt keep assuming its coming out. Let the PS2 & PC users who have been waiting on this game get their game already. If official word comes out otherwise, thats different.

I've been gone for what? 2-3 months, maybe 4 and I havn't been keeping track of the game and yet I STILL know there's been no word about an Xbox 360 release coming. If Sega says that they don't have plans for it then they are pretty damn sure they aren't making it for the 360, get over it and drop it.

Kent
Mar 8, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-03-08 06:57, Rain_1 wrote:

On 2006-03-07 12:25, A2K wrote:

This man speaks the Truth..

...No. He doesn't.

FFXI on the Xbox 360 doesn't require an Xbox Live Gold subscription; no MMORPGs will, unless they're run specifically by Microsoft (even then, it's still up in the air - not that Microsoft makes MMOs in the first place).

And it's also not Microsoft's decision whether or not someone charges a separate fee, so that point is irrelevant. Paying for Xbox Live Gold is the user's choice, as is paying to play whatever individual MMO game; it really has very little to do with Microsoft making decisions.

A2K
Mar 8, 2006, 10:52 PM
Huh? You said I'm not speaking the truth and yet you go on to basically reaffirm what I just said?

GaijinPUnch
Mar 9, 2006, 12:36 AM
The chances of this coming out on the 360 are the same as the chances of it being released on time (which it already missed).

Rain_1
Mar 9, 2006, 10:51 AM
On 2006-03-08 19:23, Kent wrote:
...No. He doesn't.

FFXI on the Xbox 360 doesn't require an Xbox Live Gold subscription; no MMORPGs will, unless they're run specifically by Microsoft (even then, it's still up in the air - not that Microsoft makes MMOs in the first place).

And it's also not Microsoft's decision whether or not someone charges a separate fee, so that point is irrelevant. Paying for Xbox Live Gold is the user's choice, as is paying to play whatever individual MMO game; it really has very little to do with Microsoft making decisions.

I advise you to re-read what he said, re-read what i said and re-read what you said
And then notice how you made a fool out of yourself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

fumatanera
Mar 9, 2006, 12:42 PM
even if it does come out on 360, it won't be along side the ps2 release. it will be long after just like GC...

MXdude
Mar 9, 2006, 03:38 PM
Why is everyone so close minded about the 360 release? I mean most of you are all taking one extreme side. Why would Microsoft print a blatant lie. Just because ST hasn't said anything about this, doesnt mean its not happeneing. Saying its not coming out on the 360 because ST has'nt said anything is ignorant. I just dont see any reason for M$ to print lies about a RPG coming to their system, that really isnt the most popular, even more unpopular to xbox users.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-03-09 12:39 ]</font>

Ancient
Mar 10, 2006, 07:52 PM
I'd say the real conflict here is just everbody's latent console fanboy'ism. It seems like there is a lot of hostility towards the idea of a 360 port of this game. And I get the feeling that its mainly due to being an Xbox that we're talking about. Would it be unfair to say that if there were rumors of a PSU port too the Revolution or the PSP there would be far more good will towards it, since there are quite a few more Nintendo and Sony fanboys around these forums?
Its true that these are simply rumors at the moment, and Sega has yet to announce anything themselves (accept that they are "interested"). So, I'm not holding my breath, and I'm planning to pick up the PC version as soon as I can. But, seeing as how nobody here is an official employee of Sega, saying it wont happen for certain just makes you look close minded and spiteful,far more than being hopefull makes me look stupid. Frankly I love my new 360, and I'd love the opportunity to play PSU on it. So, I patiently await the day Sega might make an official statement of yay or nay.

THEMASTERG1
Mar 14, 2006, 01:33 AM
hope it happens