PDA

View Full Version : who would like this?

DragonStorm
Mar 5, 2006, 08:56 AM
hey everyone i looked at that psp topic and im no with that but these rumors about x box 360 kinda makes me wonder. who here would like to see psu for the revolution and x box 360? to me that would be a dream come true because i dont want to play it on my computer because i wouldnt be able to take it to my friends house and playstation 2 well im not a fan of it to much. they should later on release it for those 2 systems because im sure alot of you guys would want to see it for the home system pso ep.1&2 was brought on..ofcourse it was gamecube. lets strike we want it for revolution lol.

kassy
Mar 5, 2006, 09:14 AM
Frankly I don't want to see PSU come to any other consoles unless they're direct, identical ports of PSU (no re-hashes please), for the simple fact that I don't want Sonic Team to get into the trend again of releasing the same bloody game over and over again for 5-6 years in a row.

I'm not saying I'm against rev or 360 getting PSU, I'm all for it actually *votes most definitely*, but five years from now I don't want to see Sega releasing "PSU episode l&ll version 3 plus" built on the exact same ps2 engine PSU uses presently.

The 360 and Revolution deserve new phantasy star games, they each have there own innovative technology, Sega should that utilize that, but honestly I don't know if I can see rev getting a port of PSU, Sega might well think time spent developing new innovative games for the rev might be more worthwhile. Only time will tell, but anyways, to sum up my opinion, game available on more systems = larger userbase, which is always a good thing for franchises you love http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DavidNel
Mar 5, 2006, 09:58 AM
Perosnally, I would love to see it out for the Revo. My friends computers are so bogged down with viruses, that even me and my brother can't do anything about it. Many fewer technical problems, I believe, would occur with the Revo, 360, etc. Of cource, this would probably lead to MORE of a delay...

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Mar 6, 2006, 01:18 AM
I realy want it for Revolution. I will get the Pc version, but I can't play it any time soon, i'm sure. Sa Dx pc demo and Pso Pc crash my Pc. Sonic R demo dosent install( the Jpn demo) and oddly, Sonic Heroes dosen't crash, but just runs slooooow. Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith played fine, but dosent like my 3d card. Haven't tried Dark Forces yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aisha_Clan-Clan on 2006-03-05 22:19 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Mar 6, 2006, 01:49 AM
Like I've said in all the "other" PSU for Xbox 360 topics, I would love to see the game come out for 360. I don't care if there's extra content or not, just as long as it comes out dangnabit! I don't wanna be stuck playing Final Fantasy XI, that game's boring!

Uncle_Pobatti
Mar 17, 2006, 02:17 PM
When a popular game gets released, some folks tend to get overprotective and selfish - complaining when the game they're so fond of gets ported across to a rival system and some start acting really childish.

So what if it does get ported? You all are behaving rather well - it's amazing how topics like this on other sites normally end up as petty squabbles over whos console is the best/you stole our game/petition to stop them making it drivel.

I've seen loads of my favourite titles get farmed out or ported over the years but it hasn't changed my enjoyment of the versions I played - the same applies here - but less so.

You see, normally when a game is ported to other systems the makers tend to add/remove stuff and generally mess about and change bits. That can cause jealousy when you see things like the PS2 version of Mortal Kombat Deception having online play, while the GC version has 2 additional characters - but that can't happen here.

The XBox360 version (if indeed a version is made) will be an almost identical port of the PS2/PC versions (most probably PC). The ONLY differences with this version will probably be:

1: Higher resolution / better textures than PS2

2: An additional charge for the usage of XBox Live

That's all I guess - not too bad at all. XBox360 owners may feel they've gotten the short end of the stick since it's clear their system is capable of so much more (greater capacity CDs than PS2, more memory etc) but really enhancements beyond graphical polish would make the game incompatible with the other versions in Online mode.

The benefits of more versions in simply that it increases the penetration of the game across the globe and therefore increases the number of potential players online playing the game and paying Sega - meaning that PSU SHOULD have a long lasting and good future - after all the more money Sega make from it the longer they'll support it, the more they'll add to it and the more seriously they'll take it.

Bring on the PS3 and Revolution versions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Uncle_Pobatti
Mar 17, 2006, 02:28 PM
Reading up the topic a bit I noticed Kassy mention rehashes and remembered what happened back in the Dreamcast days...

Yeah I completely agree with Kassy that all future ports should be (for all intents and purposes) identical to the 2 original versions.

What I DON'T want to see is the following scenario:

1: PSU comes out on PS2 & PC, runs for 6 months or so

2: PSU ported to XBox360, PS3 & Revolution - with 100 extra weapons, 3 extra stages and 2 extra 'classes'

3: Sega has problems getting newer versions running properly in online mode alongside the older versions so they either:

Discontinue support of the older versions, or
Rerelease the game as PSU version 1.1 or 2.0 forcing us to have to buy it again to continue playing!

That would sure be annoying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fossil
Mar 18, 2006, 05:49 AM
Who WOULDN'T want to see PSU on the Revo? Hell, I'd be happy if it came out for the 360. I at least have an Xbox and might possibly upgrade that in the future. But I've never been a real PS fan. I have the oldest Playstation there is and it barely works. No way I'm getting a PS2 for one game. I'm better off upgrading my computer to benefit from just a game.

DizzyDi
Mar 18, 2006, 10:53 AM
I don't see PSU on the Rev. I've read somewhere that the Revolution's online gaming thingamajig will be similar to the DS. In that you have to have someone's friend code in order to play with them online, and thats not very compatible with PSU. Also...Even though the Rev will be online, I don't think Nintendo is still taking online gaming as seriously as Sony and Microsoft are, so if PSU were to be ported to the Rev, I don't think it'd make that much money. Of course there is the offline game, but eh...I still don't see it, just call it a hunch.

DragonStorm
Mar 18, 2006, 01:28 PM
alright so lots of good answers...personally i would like to see it for the revo because even tho i have a $2100 comp i want to be able to bring it to friends and other places. also i dont have a ps2 anymore just my gamecube. that 1 response with the problems that could happen with it being ported to the next generation consoles is interesting. things have become more complicated im sure with what sega should do..i mean there original plan was to put it out for ps2 and comp but they had to move the release date to basically when the next gen consoles comes out and now people like me have gotton excited because im hopeing for a better chance they release it for those systems. i will just have to wait it out to see what will happen. my wishes are on it will work if they were to release it for revolution cause for me i would hate to see it go from its secondary home system to systems i dont have and a comp that i couldn't bring to friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. well that's my opinion on this. now just to wait it out and see.

BORBAN
Mar 22, 2006, 04:11 PM
I couldn't care less if it went to the Revolution cause there's no way I'm going to play any game with a remote control.

Sev
Mar 22, 2006, 04:37 PM
There's a casing for the Revolution controller to make it play more like a Wavebird...

Sometimes... People like to release one game over 3 consoles, Nintendo knows this, and they want it to happen, therefore they made a casing that would cater to those people.

This will most likely allow you to play other games made by Nintendo with that casing, as well as older Gamecube games. So you don't need to worry about the controller being an issue... Although that won't stop anyone.

Expansions in the future would be fine with me, but that's about it. Other then that I don't see anything else coming for a long time anyway.

BORBAN
Mar 22, 2006, 04:45 PM
well that's the only way I'm playing anything on that system.
I really want to know what they were thinking when they came up with the idea for a remote control. I mean I know they like to be unique but this is ridiculous.

Sev
Mar 24, 2006, 01:39 PM
Are you uncomfortable with a Remote Control? It's not like you've never used one before. No one will know how it works until it's used... And the other thing is that the people who have used it in reviews, say it's pretty comfortable and easy to get used to. Well, once again... Till you use it you never know.

As long as the PSU ports are direct ports, then it's fine.

Oh, and also... Although it comes off like a Remote Control, turn is side-ways and you got a normal NES controller. I wonder if they did that on purpose becasue of the ability to play older games on the machine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-03-24 10:44 ]</font>

ecchichuu
Mar 24, 2006, 03:53 PM
I don't think the game should come out on any next-gen consoles at this point. Because I know ST's not going to update the graphics and as a result PSU on a next gen console would just look embarrassing. If they're going to put the game on more consoles, they might as well use GC and Xbox.

YOnyx360
Apr 17, 2006, 06:37 AM
I would love it on da 360 but i dnt think it would be coming out on the next-geberation connsols

DarK-SuN
Apr 17, 2006, 07:08 AM
I wouldn't mind at all, it'd be more people for the community.
If they do release it on the 360 I hope they do what Square is doing with FFXI, in other words NOT use Live (the game doesn't support the headset AT ALL and is using ONLY Square's server) to make it compatible with all the other versions (so, yes, in FFXI for the 360 you are playing with PS2 and PC players as well as 360 players) and ignore Nintendo's "friendlist" thingy for the Revolution in case they decide on it as well.

In other words, as long as they make sure they're all compatible, I'm all for it.

ulyoth
Apr 17, 2006, 07:30 AM
I cant imagine Nintendo using the friendlists the the Rev, it wouldnt work. I would love to see it on the Revolution or 360 as im getting both eventually, and i just dont like playing games on a computer.

Rubesahl
Apr 17, 2006, 11:06 AM
I agree about the one version thing. I don't mind if they port it anywhere, as long as they don't do the PSU episode l&ll version 3 plus thing, I'm just fine with other versions.

As for PSU on the rev, well if its going to support gamecube games, I'm pretty sure they have something up their sleeves >_>; be it a more standard controller or a simple adapter to connect a gamecube controller. I do not see it working simply with the remote control simply because the gameplay wasn't designed with that in mind, I could be wrong and hopefully I am and the remote controller is much more versatile than I think it is.

I wouldn't doubt PSU coming to next gen consoles, look at FFXI, possibly one of the worst looking games on the 360. >_>;; and PSU looks much better than FFXI >.>

Lux
Apr 17, 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm of the same opinion as Uncle_Pobatti in every aspect.

I voted that It doesn't matter to me, because I wouldn't suffer from it. I'll get my PC version and it's okay (would be different if there was no PC release).
There is a reason why I would enjoy a port for it on future consoles though, as that would mean more support and a bigger, longer living community. Final Fantasy XI is experiencing a growth again right now because of the XBOX360 release which really amazes me, I like the idea of multi-platform support.
On the other hand Sonic Team has often proven to be a bunch of lazy bastards which needs to get whiped for every single line of code, sometimes even twice it seems. Having 4 consoles (PC, PS2, X360, Revo) would increase the effort needed for keeping everything up to date, so that's quite a contra-argument for having so many platforms. So it just doesn't matter to me as either of it has it's downsides.