PDA

View Full Version : who wants them random?

DragonStorm
Mar 6, 2006, 09:47 AM
hey everyone again. another poll http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif alright so in pso ep.1&2 who hates that the creature spawn is so fixed? i dont know about you guys but i hate it. i want to get votes on who would love to have creature spawns always random when you want to play a normal game (not mission). to me it would make the game a never ending exciting game to play if you never knew what you were going to face everytime you played. and since theres that new creature lv thing i hope its also random and the same creatures arnt the same lv. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i think that would be an awesome idea whos with me?......if you choose no way it has to be fixed then just wow lol jk.

Kano-Okami
Mar 6, 2006, 10:45 AM
Actually, that would be a good idea. Regaurdless of how fun pso was, I always got tired of fighting the same enemy, in the place, knowing where the enemy would spawn and already having my sword half-way through a boomba before it could even screech.
A random spawn would spice up the action and keep you on your toes, rather then memorizing what baddie spawns where, until you could run the entire map in your head. >_<;

OdinTyler
Mar 6, 2006, 11:58 AM
Actually, this is a pretty good idea. Having missions with set spawns is ok because ppl use them for mass XP of farming rares, etc. In regular play, random spawns, random rooms appearing would be nice. It would make it harder, but, still you wouldnt get bored anytime soon. Maybe theres more randomness in PSU. Lets hope so. Im voting Yes.

Mewn
Mar 6, 2006, 12:41 PM
I like this idea, since missions should provide the set monster spawns for levelling and rare hunting. I vote Yes.

ulyoth
Mar 6, 2006, 05:18 PM
Im not so sure, maybe just to change the order and postioning of enemy spawn points, and having rare enemies (not rare variants)

_Tek_
Mar 7, 2006, 12:15 AM
I want to be able to just roam about aimlessly killing junk, while chatting privately with a couple of teammates.

butzopower
Mar 7, 2006, 01:09 AM
A little control might be nice. Maybe certain sets be random, and later one's be defined. I thought it made PSO pretty epic when you'd be overwhelmed by what you knew had to be the last group of enemies, like having three Dark Belras spawn near the middle in Ruins.

MXdude
Mar 7, 2006, 03:39 PM
I wouldnt want it totally random. I think it would be nice for it to be like spliter cell, how there was always the same number of guys, in an area, just they never started in the same location. That i think would be better. Also the enemy itself could be a different one each time, that would be neat. Like one time its a rappy, another its a barble. If it was totally random you could theoreticly go for a loooong time with out seeing an enemy O.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-03-07 12:41 ]</font>

Dre_o
Mar 7, 2006, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty darn sure we have already been told that maps will be FULLY randomly generated (no like 6 sets like in PSO) so I'm pretty sure monster spawns will be random. EXCEPT: No monsters out of place (EX: Chaos Sorcerer in Forrest 2)

OdinTyler
Mar 7, 2006, 05:55 PM
Actually, what was said is dungeon maps will be generated based on time of day. Thats just the physical layout. This is specifically about spawns, which is another set of data. Btw long time no see, Dre. (AHEM!)

Espilonarge
Mar 7, 2006, 06:10 PM
Random spawns is a must. Allot of games I know (including the PSO series) has fixed spawns which gets tediously irritating after a while and makes rare hunting to easy.

I know in Elderscrolls:Morrowind depending on your level certain monsters would replace the other spawns to coinside with your own level. However the spawns should be abit random like World of Warcraft (even if it means being a diffirent monster everytime.)

There is one thing I don't want to see and thats a random spawn pop up right perside you and start beating the living crap you after you just killed a monster (while having 30% HP left.) The only time that should happen is with a quest that has a "bullrush" of enemies constantly spawning.

Blackwaltz-R
Mar 7, 2006, 07:17 PM
their would more than likely be about 5 or so scheme of different spawn layouts for mobs. Kinda like how eps3 didn't have a random number generater for the dice where it chooses a list of sets of numbers, and card shuffling >.< since their was always the chance of drawing your cards the EXACT same way you you put them in your deck.

GuitarHero
Mar 19, 2006, 11:02 PM
Hmm, Random spawns will force the player to change his/her tactics in each new area and it also makes the game WAY more interesting cause' you'll never know whats around the corner waiting to jump you.

OdinTyler
Mar 19, 2006, 11:14 PM
Agreed. That's why for regular runs, there would be random spawns & set spawns for missions. Missions would become easier as you play them because you're gaining the game experience to play them. Quests have also been good for finding rares & that allows a great chance to do that. Random play in regular mode would work out great for variety & more interesting XP hunts.

ANIMEniac
Mar 20, 2006, 01:04 AM
i like the idea of random spawns, but i hope it is not in the sence of chalenge mode, where you can get almost no enimies os double. they should have a somewhat constant # like 50-60 in the forest but have where the enimies pop up be differnt. except for things you should start finding half way...

random thought, what if the levels boss came at random also. imagine being halfway through the forest talking a break and seeing the dragon fly over head. lol ^_^

OdinTyler
Mar 20, 2006, 09:38 AM
Funny you say that. That happens in PSU...at least in the demo. I wasn't on that Forest lvl for too long before I came across the dragon. Maybe the demo started me in mid-area, I don't know. I do know the dragon came out kinda quick. LOL

Sev
Mar 20, 2006, 02:05 PM
Somethings will be constant of course, but having the spawns random would be great.

I won't care if it's not to random though. Even though PSO wasn't all that random, it still felt fun. Most of it, is when you see things layed out a certain way, you know what's coming up ahead and it makes you a little excited. Because it's like, "I always have trouble with this room." and thoughts like that. Although it's a set map, it still works in that way.

With a newer game, I'd expect it to be for the most part, full of surprises. I'm easily entertained though, so as long as I can cut something...

DragonStorm
Mar 21, 2006, 12:15 AM
alright lots of positive comments on wanting them random http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. personally i would love it to be random for just a regular run on the maps because i hate having to know what is up ahead. at first its fun an all but after a good 200 hours you wished it was random so u could always be on your feet on what you are going to face. with this new creature lv...i would most deffinatly go nuts if they made it random and also having the lvs random...such as there being 2 or more of the same creature pop up but with different lvs. so then they would give more exp based on there lv. maybe even giving a better chance at better items with them being a higher lv. im just going nuts with this subject because of the options there are for it being random on regular runs. i remember how much i love challenge mode because it is actually random and its so much fun. i swear i played forest about 10-15times in a row because i just loved going up against random creatures...1 time i faced 5 hildebears in 1 room then many many more.that was so much fun cause it was so hard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. plz plz be random. i dont want another fixed game..its psu it must have randomness...do not pull a pso lol. jk for all you pso fans like me i just dont want fixed regular games anymore but missions stay fixed!!.

voxie
Mar 21, 2006, 07:16 AM
Hell ya to random spawn.

But I think they'll keep to how there were certain types of enemies in each area (Dark, Altered Beast etc.).

I can't believe they'll make the spawning literally 'random', but rather have random maps of enemy locations. Hopefully hundreds of them... >_>

OdinTyler
Mar 21, 2006, 10:44 AM
I'm hoping that if they do have the random spawns, they decide to mix types up like they did in Episode II. To have only 1 type in an area eventually does get boring. To add to the challenge (& variety), having 2 or 3 types keeps you on your toes. Yes, it can get frustrating keeping a couple weps on you, but, think about the possible combinations. If this is done, the enemies should reflect the area. For example, in a natural environment, you'd have Natives, maybe Altereds & Darks, no Machines.

SekotheFOmar
Mar 21, 2006, 06:18 PM
Ya because I'm tired on ttf psobb people just cast area spells right once they respawn, no fun at all >.<

Saraphim
Mar 21, 2006, 07:13 PM
On 2006-03-19 22:04, ANIMEniac wrote:

random thought, what if the levels boss came at random also. imagine being halfway through the forest talking a break and seeing the dragon fly over head. lol ^_^

That would be awesome! Imagine the boss being the first thing you killed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sev
Mar 23, 2006, 12:59 PM
Maybe if the area's were a bit transitional... Basically, in a Cave, have an area that's more reflective of something else such as an area where you're actually above ground. And you'd think there's be Native in a cave as well, and not just Altered. I would think unless there was an infected area, there would be very little pressence of Dark, and I could imagine Altered above ground as well.

Well... A little random never hurt anyone. I like random myself.

There's some thing that should be a fixed standard. As you progress into the area, the spawns get faster and the enemies increase. Kinda keeping things frantic. Although I've seen one person say they wouldn't like it... I would like it if after a huge spawn, you're trying to rest up and an extra group spawns on you. Ambushes are awesome.

therealAERO
Mar 23, 2006, 09:16 PM
Well what they should do is have a set amount of enemies that you have to beat before the locked door opens. Like when you run in a number will flash on the top right side of the screen showing how many enemies you have to take down before the door opens, and than after those amount of kills the door opens, but that doesn't stop the enemies from spawning. Its your choice to leave or to stay and fight some more. They wouldn't like randomly spawn every 2 seconds, but at a steady rate, so if you have to come back to that room you will have enemies to fight.

It would add much needed drive to keep people in the game. A set objective something to work forwards too, but yeah I think that would be cool.

BORBAN
Apr 2, 2006, 06:37 PM
Random is so much better considering I know how much enemies are going to appear in PSO. At least when I'm playing alone. I'd rather the enemies surprised me. (unless there will be tons of Del Biters even though they're my favorite enemy. They suck to fight.)

DragonStorm
Apr 8, 2006, 10:39 AM
lol well im sure theres going to be alot of strong players...im going to be one of them. i want them to surprise me also such as who knows how many creatures pop up and hek i dont care if there is only 1 type in areas like cave and forest was i just dont want to know what im going to face everytime. im glad to see that alot of people like my idea...lets hope sega takes it for granted.