PDA

View Full Version : PC: PSU Payment for PC

Sholakamoo
Mar 6, 2006, 01:51 PM
I've followed PSO all over the board since it was a simple Zelda like game for the Sega Genesis. A problem i have now, since i want to play PSU is the problem of payment for online play. Since i'm a kid and dont have a credit card or parents willing to use thiers for "your stupid games" i was wondering DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PSU WILL USE PRE-PAID GAME CARDS!?

F-o-x
Mar 6, 2006, 07:39 PM
We've had no word on pre-paid game cards but you should be able to get a cash card relatively easily. They are sort of like debit cards but you can use them as credit cards. All you have to do is put money on them and you can use them until the money is gone.

I think most banks have cards like this but I'm using one offered by RadioShack (I think they hooked up with some people called "GreenDot Card" to create it) and its great. As your parents about that, or hell just go out and get one yourself. You should have some cash of your own and as far as I know theres no age restriction on these cards.

OdinTyler
Mar 6, 2006, 10:25 PM
On 2006-03-06 10:51, Sholakamoo wrote:
I've followed PSO all over the board since it was a simple Zelda like game for the Sega Genesis. A problem i have now, since i want to play PSU is the problem of payment for online play. Since i'm a kid and dont have a credit card or parents willing to use thiers for "your stupid games" i was wondering DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PSU WILL USE PRE-PAID GAME CARDS!?

1. Calling the PS series a 'Zelda-like game' isnt the best way to start out a PS related convo. Theyre nothing alike. Zelda's not even an RPG.

2. PS started on the Sega Master System. You being a kid at present, Im sure it would be next to impossible to find the original game. If you can, get it. Its worth the price.

3. No word on if prepaid cards will be used. The idea of trying to draw in a mass crowd appeals to online companies. Its been done before, I dont see why its not possible. Not sure how old you are, but, if Sega allows debit cards, see if your state will let you have one. If anything, if enough people request it, Sega may very well create cards after the game releases. It would be in everyone's best interests to do so.

Rainbowlemon
Mar 7, 2006, 04:42 AM
On 2006-03-06 19:25, OdinTyler wrote:
1. Calling the PS series a 'Zelda-like game' isnt the best way to start out a PS related convo. Theyre nothing alike. Zelda's not even an RPG.

You cut things. POW!

Get a visa debit card or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OdinTyler
Mar 7, 2006, 07:46 AM
On 2006-03-07 01:42, Antimony wrote:
You cut things. POW!

Get a visa debit card or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I cut things? LOL OK. I just try to tell the truth, thats all. I did advise him that Sega might consider debit cards or prepaid (if theyre smart). They could even go the way of a checking acct. Just provide your acct # & automatically have it debited each month. State to state rules would apply on how old you have to be to have a bank acct. From my understanding, its 16 on average, but, Im not sure.