PDA

View Full Version : Backups?

PJ
Mar 7, 2006, 09:27 PM
If one person is offended by another person, should their friends back up the person who was offended?

What if it gets more complicated? The person who offended one of your friends was another one of your friends. You see both sides of the story, and are stuck as the middle man.

I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain. There is no winning side, but you feel obligated to help one side for one reason or another.

And sometimes, you see clearly a winning side, but only because the other party shuts up about it.

Lately it's been one situation or another like this. High school drama, ftw! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

FOAtHeart
Mar 7, 2006, 10:10 PM
It's not your business, don't take sides. >_>

EDIT: or take BOTH sides http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOAtHeart on 2006-03-07 19:10 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 7, 2006, 10:58 PM
I think people just need to stop being offended so easily. Seriously, if someone calls you a dirty name, then you need to learn to just say, "Hey, fuck you!" and move on.

PJ
Mar 7, 2006, 11:00 PM
I think offended was bad wording on my part. I couldn't think of another word.

For now, I think, "Bothered."

Dre_o
Mar 7, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-03-07 19:58, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I think people just need to stop being offended so easily. Seriously, if someone calls you a dirty name, then you need to learn to just say, "Hey, fuck you!" and move on.

That works unless they take offence to your bluntness. Then, you must take the noble, respectful way out.

Daikarin
Mar 8, 2006, 10:53 AM
http://www.chocolatecityweb.com/arguing.jpg

And there's a difference between backing up someone and thinking similary to that someone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-03-08 12:05 ]</font>

KaFKa
Mar 8, 2006, 11:17 AM
The special Olympics - The best and brightest from the bottom of the barrel.

navci
Mar 8, 2006, 11:18 AM
I think. People, in general, need to realize a dead situation if there is one. Once it is dead, no matter what you do it won't come back alive again. And by keep trying, all you do is really adding the already deep trauma.

That goes for backup as well. In this particular situation, I don't think I want to back up either party; it isn't doing anyone any good, just adding more conflict that really isn't necessary. Actually, what I really want to do is slap both side in the face and ground them until they come to their senses.

Jive18
Mar 8, 2006, 03:16 PM
On 2006-03-08 08:18, navci wrote:
I think. People, in general, need to realize a dead situation if there is one. Once it is dead, no matter what you do it won't come back alive again. And by keep trying, all you do is really adding the already deep trauma.

That goes for backup as well. In this particular situation, I don't think I want to back up either party; it isn't doing anyone any good, just adding more conflict that really isn't necessary. Actually, what I really want to do is slap both side in the face and ground them until they come to their senses.

I feel the exact same way. I used to have 2 friends that constantly got in arguements over pure nonsense, and of course, I was always stuck in the middle of it. Eventually this became so tiresome that I forced myself to choose 1 friend over the other.

It's a shitty and seemingly-pointless situation for everyone.