PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for PSU

Krominos
Mar 8, 2006, 11:07 PM
Eventually after it comes out I am gonna go play it prob not until LEAST I get through all the story line of PSO but ....

I want to see this game reach the potential PSO almost achieved but what could they put into it?

Well PSO had going for it an easy attack system that could be rather easily balanced compared to the other MMO's out there.

Since PSU is not an MMO as much as a RPG with Action RPG elements ala Guild Wars in it the thing needs to strike something tween Diablos explore hack and gear and SWG socializing abilities.

Honestly half the fun was BSing with people before or after gaming for hours on end.

The lobbies made for great 'break' rooms to chat with unlike Guild Wars which seems to push the idea restock and head out after finding people or using the exp dummies provided by the game.

They need to expands it for people's wives .. have areas to explore. establish various room with diff decor for people to gather and hang like a coffee shop. I love over looking the stars and planet in PSOBB's lobby I just wish I could see flights of starships going about.

I really don't know what more the game could use over that unless it's a deepr fighting system which I heard it allready was..

what is your ideas to suggest to make the game a Guild Wars killer app?

fumatanera
Mar 8, 2006, 11:19 PM
i am going to miss symbol chat ":(

Hyda
Mar 9, 2006, 11:10 AM
yea so will I, the symbol chat on the game made it fun to show expressions and such... i guess it kinda spiced the game up a bit...hopefully there will be something in replace for the symbol chat maybe something of equal value or more.

Sphtker
Mar 9, 2006, 11:21 AM
in some ways yes i will miss it. in others i am glad it is gone, i think it is abused so much, people put some of the most obscene things in there. and there is no way of filtering it.

Hyda
Mar 9, 2006, 02:14 PM
I agree some people took that to far and though it made it funny some people on there didnt find it to be that way...i will miss being able to make my own animated pics though, that was always fun when there was nothing to do...

McdjDak
Mar 9, 2006, 05:51 PM
Agreed on the symbol chat, it was taken a tad too far by some people, but you've got to admit, all of those Mr. T ones were hilarious. As someone else said it was a good way to pass the time when you were tired of the grinding. It'd be nice to have around, but it's not anything that's gonna keep me from playin PSU.

Somethin else I'd like to see come back would be the Healing Ring, it was like the most helpful thing ever lol. Surely they'll keep that around, but if not, again, it won't be keeping me from playing PSU.

maoZedong
Mar 19, 2006, 11:37 PM
you should be able to find a crappy sword + 8, and break down the grinder to keep before you sell it teehee

Kano-Okami
Mar 20, 2006, 04:05 PM
The sheer amount of customizations is the killer amp IMO. If there was one thing I loved about playing PSO, it was the customizing your gear to your outfit. I'd often sacrifice style(the little that I had) for power. PSU's customization will be like a shot of steriods to the vein, juiced up in every way. I just wonder how the rare clothing aspect will work (here's hoping for rappy gear xD).

maoZedong
Mar 20, 2006, 06:48 PM
I will customize my character to look like mao

rare clothing sounds awesome...nothing like being unique...

I'm too poor for online

OdinTyler
Mar 20, 2006, 08:41 PM
On 2006-03-20 13:05, Kano-Okami wrote:
(here's hoping for rappy gear xD).

Of course you realize...I'm going to have to shoot you. Rappies MUST die! LOL

Alizar
Mar 20, 2006, 10:10 PM
Blade-gun duel weild http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

BORBAN
Mar 21, 2006, 11:12 PM
I want to see Dark Flow make a triumphant return, I want to be able to customize my nanoblast form, I also would like to make fart noises for jokes..... and maybe add in some secret character types that would be pretty cool.

Sev
Mar 22, 2006, 01:06 PM
How about killin the profanity filter... That got to me. You couldn't say shoes for God's sake... That was pretty ridiculous. But it was still just as funny to see people struggle their way around it. And when you randomly type a message and look up to see it was censored, you can't help but laugh... Or curse some more.

I'd like to see how the clothing is. I'd also like to see if there would be ways to get other types of clothing later on... Add a bit more in there ya know? I'm not sure how all of that would work though.

Bring back Endless Nightmare like quests/missions - Don't bring back Mop Up like quests/missions.

Gotta bring back some music... Please remix the lobby theme and make it the theme for like... The Colony or something. I love that music.

I'd like some more things, but I don't wanna go on forever. And with or without these, I'm gonna play it and enjoy myself.

BORBAN
Mar 22, 2006, 03:52 PM
The profanity filter is bad I couldn't even name my character Crab Crap.
Everyone knows what the words mean, but I don't mind if they keep the
F,D,A,S and combinations of these words out.
I would also like to see the last boss being extremely huge, Like PSO has never seen or be in human form and it must be very hard.
I'd also like to see the enemies change with each difficulty. That would be some real fun. and I'm sure my list goes on but this is all I could think of.

Ryuzen
Mar 29, 2006, 05:43 PM
Char customization is definatively a plus, what i wish for the most is free-roaming as i said before (it is very duable) and a balanced pvp system. Aside from that id like to have nicer combo fighting system (the vids look promising) so i wont get bored of looking at the same attack maneuvers all the time, lets face it hitting 100+ doing the same combos is just plain dull.
more drops
more variety of weps
larger enviroments
better effects.
i wish for those things......hope their all included .....

Sev
Mar 29, 2006, 07:01 PM
On 2006-03-29 14:43, Ryuzen wrote:
Char customization is definatively a plus, what i wish for the most is free-roaming as i said before (it is very duable) and a balanced pvp system. Aside from that id like to have nicer combo fighting system (the vids look promising) so i wont get bored of looking at the same attack maneuvers all the time, lets face it hitting 100+ doing the same combos is just plain dull.
more drops
more variety of weps
larger enviroments
better effects.
i wish for those things......hope their all included .....

Well... If you get sick of 6 hit combo's you control after you played an MMORPG. I feel bad for you, because it'll be awhile before your entertained.

I mean... You'll eventually get sick of it... But there's different weapon types... And each type is gonna have a combo... Plus the fact that there will most likely be weapons that look unique which gives you something new to look at...

The stages are gonna be bigger... So I don't think there's much to worry about there.

Drops will be drops... Weapons will be weapons... I don't believe they've even stated a number of weapons that would be in the game.

Better "Effects" isn't really too clear. You've seen the magical effects right, if that's what you mean, then yeah, those look good.

The game will be what it will be, and I will play it whatever it may be. I know they won't do anything profoundly ridiculous.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 29, 2006, 07:23 PM
i don't want to spoil anything but i doubt wielding guns abd blades will work well. There will probably be a system where you have to switch the weapon you control. I can't imagine how they would make a system where you could use both weapons in a combo.

The new class system sounds cool but i will make a ranger something but, acording to info, if you use baldes too much than you won't gain ranger levels or the other way around... I hope this level system works out better than it sounds.

Ryuzen
Mar 29, 2006, 08:30 PM
To: Sev
k perhaps i didnt make it clear so here it is....the PSU system looks very promising, i was refering to the old stuff...strafing is gonna add a new dimension to the game which is great. what i meant to say was i hope they dont mess it up by making controls awkward.

maoZedong
Mar 29, 2006, 09:59 PM
regardless...this game will be everyones life on this site for years sooo, pretty sure they'll get dang used to it!!!

my friends always get mad when I have to change my controls for first person shooters...well...it's a must!!!...so they can go F themselves

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 29, 2006, 10:33 PM
rofl welcome to the club. There is only ONE control set that can satisfy me. Halo 2 default. Custom controls will be nice ans STEAFING? Why, we could step to the left of attacks! Will we have the ability to shoot and walk backwards and the same time?

Sev
Apr 3, 2006, 11:53 AM
Whether or not the dual wield system will be easy, is based on how the controls are set up. Basically, asking someone who got to test the game would help give us a better idea of how it plays. And I'm not sure if when wielding both gun and sword, you have an option to use your gun in the 3rd person via auto-lock. Just like it was used in PSO. I'm still not sure how the combo works, either way I don't think it'll take long to get used to.

If you're worried about awkward controls, wait til E3. Sonic Team should pretty much know what they're doing with the system. So I'm just figuring it'll work out. This is of course me having my cup half full.

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2006, 11:59 AM
Well, I've played the demo. If you have some questions about controls or some other things, ask me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sev
Apr 3, 2006, 05:10 PM
Then...

Can you settle the question? Did you get a chance to use a sword/gun combo? How did it feel, was it natural at all? I'm actually kinda interested myself even though I'm more of a Claw/2hSword guy myself.

Was there anything that was significantly hard to grasp in the time that you played it?

YaLyn
Apr 3, 2006, 06:00 PM
Ah! It's good to be back. How about a PDA. Tells you every monster you just killed. Which places you last went to. And rares. Wait is the Partner Machinery gonna do all that!? (I know the Partner Machinery only helps you with items and rares)

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2006, 06:02 PM
Well, there were a few wep combos possible (selectable in a menu by pressing & holding O ). If by sword, you mean a 2h sword, all 2h weps can only be held in 2 hands & thus, can't be used with other weps. I did use a saber & a handgun. It's a VERY different feel from PSO in that your hands are now independent. You use certain button combos for each hand. It takes getting used to, but, it opens up alot of possibilities.

BORBAN
Apr 3, 2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah that's sweet. I'd be made if it played like PSO....not saying I didn't like it, but it's a little simplistic if you know what I mean.
I'd rather more options in combat than just one combo to use over and over gets alittle boring especially considering I've completed the game.

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2006, 10:36 PM
Well, the controls are definitely new. You're gonna have to get used to the fact that your hands are now more independent & controls vary based on the hand you choose, what wep youre using, what combo you're using, etc. For example, a saber gives a regular 3 hit combo. There's also a special, more powerful 2 hit combo. You can link it fairly well with your 3 hit. There would be a pause when switching to your offhand wep tho.

BORBAN
Apr 3, 2006, 10:39 PM
Sounds good. I catch onto games pretty quickly so I'm not worried about that control difficulty.

QuadTail
Apr 4, 2006, 05:39 PM
Shoes, clothes and hats! More, more more! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
... So you can like have some fun without having to go shopping with expensive monies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Aaaand that's all the ideas I can think about right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Maybe after some sleeping on it...

Ah! Rollerblades/in-lines would be cool in like the cities and such! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MEGAHAWK21x
Apr 4, 2006, 06:15 PM
Honestly, I think they shoudl have gone with a pure MMO, but seeing how it isnt...

Leaderboards with the best players (or squads) times for completing levels.

I would like them to create a card game to play like in Final Fantasy VIII to play against each other. Maybe collect the cards from fallen enemies or convert items into cards. It would be fun to have as a little sidequest or something. It probably wont happen but I think it should.

Friends lists, party invites, basically, easy communication with people you meet online.

Sev
Apr 5, 2006, 12:15 PM
I see, so you basically have independent hands now. That's actually very cool.

If that's the case, then the Claw/Dagger combo, Saber/Dagger and things like that are possible as well? Or are the weapons that I mentioned in pairs, hence you don't really combine them with other weapons? In other words, would claws and daggers come in pairs or would they be independent? That would really make things interesting in how to customize your characters look just by weapons alone.

Well, still not sure how that goes. And I don't remember reading anything about special weapons and such. Maybe that's only really Online content? I guess though... Thinking logically... They would have to be there, if you can set up shops and such to sell things correct?

OdinTyler
Apr 5, 2006, 02:05 PM
Well, based on what I've seen, standard weapons seem to operate alone. You can choose to use them in pairs or alone. There wasn't a saber/dagger wep setup in the demo. However, it doesn't mean it's not possible. If anything, how you raise your stats & your current class type will play an important part in wep equipment.

SandstormX
Apr 7, 2006, 04:32 PM
On the card idea, Have a card store in the lobby to go buy more cards and then next door have a place to meet up with others and play. Have a ranking system posted at the card shop sayin who the top players are.
Also since there will be vehicles, they can also have races. Imagine a bunch of people on those pink creatures (forgot the name), hoverboards even. For like the vehicles there can be stores you can upgrade your boards or whatever kind of vehicle you have. Just a thought, but it would add a lot to the game.

OdinTyler
Apr 7, 2006, 06:58 PM
I already said months ago about the races even before ppl knew the names of Lunga (the creatures) & Flowder (the hovercrafts). If the races are in fact there, I'll know ST was reading MY posts! LOL Then, I'll compliment them for having good taste. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif