PDA

View Full Version : EP3-Quest: i never been this scared in my life

BogusKun
Mar 9, 2006, 04:45 AM
MySpace...

damn man... I mean it's like this.

I was talking to a woman who went by Rainey Days.
She went by names such as Rainey and Stormie. Something like that.

For the past half year or so... this woman has been talking to me beacuse she got my site from a woman I actually know, so I thought they were friends.

My ignorant ass goes into talking to her for... a while. That WHILE became several months at a time. Not knowing what the hell is going on, I talk. The stories she blogged were so inspirational... it's like damn, an activist... sorta like that tomb raider chick who dated brad pitts.

I don't know nothing about rich white folk... so I mind my business, and this woman has like nice questions to ask of me. Knowledge she has which is fun to question. I dunno... I can't say I looked up to her but, in a way... she seemed fun to talk to.

Well problem is... I noticed that my friend list counter has gone down (but how can I tell when I have like 80+ high school friends on there) so I wait. Later I thought to myself that I haven't actually heard from the Rainey chick.

Well I go to the forum board that she created (Called Internet Movie Database) and I look for her topics. I didnt find them but the last topic buried all the way at the end was pretty interesting. It says "WARNING! RAINEY DAYS IS A FAKE! pass it on" I think I made myself stand out by saying ARE YOU SERIOUS?

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL? HOW IN THE WORLD IS SOMEONE GOING TO HAVE A FAKE ACCOUNT?

SHIZZLE?

I mean damn man, I wonder what the fuck she was on?

I found out the pictures she stole were from a baywatch cast member named Traci Brigham (sp?)

How crazy.

Turned out I was talking to a poser all along so I did some research.

Ran into this by google...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=3204565&blogID=84535566

I mean... this here is the end. How people can just... totally do that shit. READ IT... AND TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK YOU THINK.

Cuz it can be you next.

((After all that... I noticed the woman behind has a real profile... so I intend on befriending the woman who tricked me to figure out what happend))

damn this sucks and myspace is still the most lamest shit in the world.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BogusKun on 2006-03-09 01:46 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 9, 2006, 06:59 AM
I thought you left this myspace thing behind over that fake celebrity crap from months ago man.

So yeah, be careful with your info for all intents and purposes. Lotta sickos out there.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

navci
Mar 9, 2006, 10:51 AM
Hmm.
Sorry you got tricked. You won't be the first, nor the last. There are always going to be people impersonating other people because of some bizarre reasons. Dunno. It sounded like too good to be true to begin with tho. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Maridia
Mar 9, 2006, 11:03 AM
Are you telling me you fell for someone who told you they created the Internet Movie Database? How old are you? <_<

I'm sorry you got tricked, but it seemed to me you took a lot of things at face value. It's nice to be trusting and hopeful, but this is the internet, honey, and welcome to "you might get tricked" central. I'd wonder if that's even a woman now, after all that. ;P

Good luck befriending "her", and next time, don't be paranoid, be cautious before you trust everything someone says to you. Live and learn.

BogusKun
Mar 9, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-03-09 03:59, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
I thought you left this myspace thing behind over that fake celebrity crap from months ago man.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Well I never knew the 'posed' woman was a celeb... or never thought about it... the person behind the fake is a woman... which is even scarier!!! It wasn't the image... it was the person. I dunno...

now it's about the image

On 2006-03-09 07:51, navci wrote:
Hmm.
Sorry you got tricked. You won't be the first, nor the last. There are always going to be people impersonating other people because of some bizarre reasons. Dunno. It sounded like too good to be true to begin with tho. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

haha true! but yeah tricked was the word... it's like talking to someone and all of a sudden we find out it was nothing more but a mask.

On 2006-03-09 08:03, Maridia wrote:
Are you telling me you fell for someone who told you they created the Internet Movie Database? How old are you? <_<

I'm sorry you got tricked, but it seemed to me you took a lot of things at face value. It's nice to be trusting and hopeful, but this is the internet, honey, and welcome to "you might get tricked" central. I'd wonder if that's even a woman now, after all that. ;P

Good luck befriending "her", and next time, don't be paranoid, be cautious before you trust everything someone says to you. Live and learn.

She created the GROUP: Internet Movie Database... long after i started talking to her. Not the site. But I knew I seen it somewhere... its just wierd that the things she 'the poser' did that I didnt know about and her secret life, is what I didnt know. It's crazy shit.Tricked into not thinkin it WAS a celeb's stolen photo? Yes... Not knowing it was Traci Bingham? Yes... But anything else? No... it wasn't like I fell in love with her... I am faithful to who I'm seeing... for now. I don't date or love people on myspace... if they email me first I talk to them... which is why I talked with that thing in the first place. I didnt fall in love. You cant even be in love with someone who already got money anyways... I dunno.

Funny thing is... there were some people who liked her a lot and I wish I could see the posts one last time. Sucks.

The real woman has her profile on private... so I cant see it. Im only trying to add the real person to see how she is for real... or... semi-real.

ABDUR101
Mar 9, 2006, 01:04 PM
People like that, you just need to avoid anyway. Don't bother trying to find out about them as a real person. Odds are, you'll never find out who they really are, or anything about them thats true.

Besides, someone who has to lie about themselves in such a way have some rather large issues, or maybe they're just lame fucks who get their jollies that way. Either way.

Sucks when it happens, but it happens. I'd atleast rather find out sooner than later though. Good job on finding out.

BogusKun
Mar 9, 2006, 01:36 PM
As I said... I was only concerned because I gave no attention to the woman for a while. Served em right I guess.

It does seem interesting how people minds go through that. When you read the blog. The girl says she knows the real person personally... and she spent so much time and effort on that character.

It's like... someone should experiment on her brain or something, you know?

Something tells me she wont tell me anyways, because I know in a sense she failed. In life... on myspace...

Geez, being a loser must suck ass.

fumatanera
Mar 9, 2006, 05:01 PM
it's the internet....what did you think was going to happen? O-o

Dek
Mar 9, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-03-09 14:01, fumatanera wrote:
it's the internet....what did you think was going to happen? O-o

Gotta agree with you on this...

On the positive side, lesson learned.

EJ
Mar 9, 2006, 11:53 PM
That is why i only add people I know on myspace plus I got bored of it but it advertisement for my portfolio site >_>

BogusKun
Mar 10, 2006, 01:34 AM
i only add people i know myself.... but man that woman did catch me by surprise http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BUT STILL MAN COME ONE... You guys make it seem like it's normal and everyone does it. haha