PDA

View Full Version : What city would you consider your home town?

SekotheFOmar
Mar 10, 2006, 06:13 PM
What city would you consider your home town?

Ryna
Mar 10, 2006, 06:35 PM
On 2006-03-10 15:13, SekotheFOmar wrote:
What city would you consider your home town?

Unfortunately, you specified the names of planets. If you want to have a poll about towns, you might want to use locations such as Clyez City or Holtes City as your poll options.

_Tek_
Mar 10, 2006, 08:29 PM
Depends on my character I guess. When im beat I'll probbly want to hang around that planet.

OdinTyler
Mar 11, 2006, 01:31 PM
Let's also remember that we don't know all the names of the cities on each planet, not to mention all the sections of the GC. Using at least 2 chars, Ill probably have a favorite place for each char. It remains to be seen what that is.

DizzyDi
Mar 11, 2006, 01:36 PM
I think she meant which planet would you consider your home. I'd have to say Parum cause its the most like America, and it has beautiful scenery.

SekotheFOmar
Mar 11, 2006, 04:42 PM
Maybe the "she" is a he and likes female newmans ^.^ but ya I meant planets. Its not like the planets have more then one town...with the info we know now

Inu_Shadi
Mar 11, 2006, 04:54 PM
I think parum is most like my hometown, i live in a big city, but I chose Neudiaz, cause I would rather live in a place like that ^.^

DamonKatu
Mar 11, 2006, 06:39 PM
Yea, Holtes City on planet Parum would be a wounderful place to live IF I could afourd to live in there. Uselly the price of the renting a room is very high sence of the popularity in the city. The city is really nice sence you live close to the stores.

Scopes
Mar 11, 2006, 07:17 PM
Colony for me. It's high-techy, shiney, and looks like the place I'd most likely find a big red button labeled, "NO NOT TOUCH" (and beneath) "YES, YOU WITH THE HAND REACHING FOR THE BUTTON"

*Evil Grin*
Course... blowing up a colony... with a button... That'd be bad... Colonies fall when the go boom... (If Physics and Gundam have taught me anything...)

SekotheFOmar
Mar 13, 2006, 03:39 PM
Well now everyone understands what I'm saying, I'll be in Maotoob where the rogues roam ^-^

Ryna
Mar 13, 2006, 03:54 PM
On 2006-03-11 13:42, SekotheFOmar wrote:
Its not like the planets have more then one town...with the info we know now

Actually, we know that Parum and Moatoob will have multiple cities. Here is a breakdown:
Parum: Holtes City, Talcus City
Moatoob: Dagora City, several unnamed medium-sized cities

As for which planet I'll hang out on, it will probably be the one with the least amount of people on it. Lobbies with large numbers of people on it generally have a bad atmosphere.

Kano-Okami
Mar 13, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-03-13 12:54, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-03-11 13:42, SekotheFOmar wrote:
Its not like the planets have more then one town...with the info we know now

Actually, we know that Parum and Moatoob will have multiple cities. Here is a breakdown:
Parum: Holtes City, Talcus City
Moatoob: Dagora City, several unnamed medium-sized cities

As for which planet I'll hang out on, it will probably be the one with the least amount of people on it. Lobbies with large numbers of people on it generally have a bad atmosphere.

hehe..
Oberon & Vega 01-01,.. >_<;

SekotheFOmar
Mar 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
I guess I'm not understanding correctly. You will be able to walk out the lobbies to other towns and cities?

Whats wrong don't want to be around the little teens : P. Now that I'm really thinking about it I might just want to travel around for the heck of it, could never stay still. With a couple of friends and grab some Flowders and explore

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SekotheFOmar on 2006-03-13 15:16 ]</font>

Para
Mar 13, 2006, 10:10 PM
Maotoob is the only world that looks a bit too desolate to me... if Maotoob was like Ep4's subterranean desert... i would instantly live there no questions asked.

THEMASTERG1
Mar 14, 2006, 01:33 AM
Colony

Calibur
Mar 14, 2006, 10:52 AM
Holtes City,Parum

Reminds me of Balamb Garden from FF8 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pseudo
Mar 14, 2006, 12:18 PM
Maotoob
Somthing about that place really appeals to me ^_^

Blitzkommando
Mar 14, 2006, 04:28 PM
Whatever place is the least infested with the usual scum.

astuarlen
Mar 14, 2006, 05:24 PM
Dagora City, Moatoob--provided it isn't overrun with brats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
The other cities are just too shiney and typically futuristic. Though, truth be told, they all look kinda like glorified shopping malls. ;v

Kupi
Mar 14, 2006, 09:45 PM
Well, considering that they seem to be putting the shops in the lobby areas, you might not be too far off the mark, Astuarlen. XD

Definitely Neudaiz for me. What can I say? I like stuff that's "pretty".

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 15, 2006, 01:15 AM
Neudaiz, that planet is just my style it's amazing.

Though instead of a city, even at first the baddies there (Assuming there are beasts in the area) i'll prolly make the Mizuraki Preserve my "hang out" it's just so lush, and...well beautiful.

SekotheFOmar
Mar 15, 2006, 11:49 AM
On 2006-03-14 09:18, Pseudo wrote:
Maotoob
Somthing about that place really appeals to me ^_^

I can see were going to be good friends Pseudo ^.^. It isn't just little kids that might annoy you but grown ppl that BEG!!!! I say "might" because I'm 14---->15 and I wouldn't call myself annoying....much

OdinTyler
Mar 15, 2006, 11:52 AM
Well, as it stands this is how it is:

Mizuraki - The Japanese setting I saw months ago, I fell in love with. Its so me. My main (HU/FOmarl) will be there, still in her traditional Japanese garments.

Somewhere in the Moatoobian Outback - My beast. Their known homeworld, its fitting that a nomad such as he would fit roaming the countryside. I guess whereever there would be caves found in the desert world, thats where my beast would call home.

Sinue_v2
Mar 15, 2006, 12:33 PM
I really don't know just yet... though Holtes City on Parum seems a likely canidate for me. I agree that it has a very "Balamb" feel to it, and I loved the art direction and archtecture in FFVIII.

HatMaster
Mar 15, 2006, 01:17 PM
Neudaiz. I love the oriental setting and the fusion of nature with civilization. It just looks peaceful and fun.

SekotheFOmar
Mar 15, 2006, 08:36 PM
On 2006-03-15 10:17, HatMaster wrote:
Neudaiz. I love the oriental setting and the fusion of nature with civilization. It just looks peaceful and fun.

First one on list for vacation on another planet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Uncle_Pobatti
Mar 17, 2006, 01:29 PM
Don't know much about the various towns and cities and what sets them apart, so as yet I don't really know where I'll settle down.

I wonder if we'll see a return of 'sardine can' syndrome - where 88% of the online population stay in the first city/lobby/planet that they burst in (easier to find people there and plenty of games to join), with the remaining 11% spread out across the reaches of the GS with maybe one or two hardcore passworded parties and 105 passworded recluses shut up in the other places http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SekotheFOmar
Mar 17, 2006, 07:43 PM
It would be more fun to have the population to be spread out so other people won't be left out. But ya the big city or main city should have a lot of people hanging out.