PDA

View Full Version : Bigger than me

LSF
Mar 10, 2006, 07:48 PM
Ever get randomly headbutted by someone a hell of alot bigger than you then after brief recovery, chased the guy down with a hurley bat and smashed his face in? I did last night.

I hate people who think they can pick on anyone they want, i've dedicated myself to getting them back.

Atayin
Mar 10, 2006, 08:18 PM
Some people just have it coming. I guess you're lucky that he wasn't the one with the bat. Either way, *raises fist* way to fight for your right to be smaller then someone else!

LSF
Mar 10, 2006, 10:59 PM
HELL YEAH! People should always remember to never let someone walk all over them, it's sad really.
Anyway, let this be a message to anyone who finds themselves in the same situation.

Now i'm going to smash Olga Flow's face in with an Orotiagito. (<I can never spell that thing right...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LSF on 2006-03-10 20:01 ]</font>

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 01:14 AM
A hurley bat? No. With bare hands and a thirst for blood, yes. If he is bigger than you, I suggest you take wrestling. I usually destroy their legs with a shoot, bringing them down to ground level. Then I mount and lacerate his skull with my fists and elbows. Or. Fight dirty. Grab his jewels and squeeze the hell out of them. Gouge those eyes. There are no rules. Make your enemies never want to fuck with you again. Size does not matter. Those who lay their hands on people for no reason..should not be allowed to do it to anybody else.

LadyRedComet
Mar 13, 2006, 01:19 AM
May I ask why you didn't call the police and try to get him for assault instead? Seems there's a lot less room for you to get in trouble that way. Even though it sounds like he deserved punishment of some sort, does it make sense to put yourself at risk by going after him yourself (and armed, at that)?

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 01:29 AM
Call the Police. Sure. It's the right thing to do. It's humane. But you risk being labeled a coward. The bully can destroy you and your social life. Lady, lets be honest. Very few kids call the police after a physical conflict. They just don't. We're raised to be tough, most of us. And we handle our business. Especially us men. Pumped with testoterone.

We risk problems. We risk injury, being sued, going to jail. Life is boring without risks. Hm. First, you have to be smart enough to not get caught. When I was recieving my education, the females in our campus would openly engage each other in public, punching and clawing. They got in trouble. Males usually don't fight where they can get in trouble. They fight in alleys, bathrooms, places where authority can't touch them. And they usually don't rat. It's machismo. And you MUST defend yourself. It is a right. Although I would've stopped the predator the first time instead of coming back with a weapon. I might have also waged psychological warfare on him. Learn about his home. His friends. His family. Use it against him.

You don't call the cops. They don't do much. You get a bad rap. Your bully(s) come looking for blood soon after getting in trouble. Despite the risk, you should stop them in the first place.

LadyRedComet
Mar 13, 2006, 01:32 AM
But bullies basically by definition are cowards. What's to stop him from going to the police now that he's had his face smashed by a bat and claiming it was unprovoked?

Well, it's too late to do anything else, I suppose.

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 01:37 AM
Heh. Cowards. Backed by peer pressure. Bullies have the outside veil of being "tough." They're not going to go cry to the police. Yes. They fear. They'll fear you. And anyone else they opress.

But. One thing is true. You should try to avoid conflict in the first place. That's the smartest, but also the hardest, depending on who you are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock on 2006-03-12 22:37 ]</font>

LSF
Mar 13, 2006, 07:55 AM
I can't go to the police because I'm currently serving 2 temporary criminal records and the cops would be quicker to do something about me, rather than my attacker.

As for using a hurley bat instead of my hands, my excuse is drunk & disorderly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LSF on 2006-03-13 04:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LSF on 2006-03-13 06:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LSF on 2006-03-13 06:55 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Mar 13, 2006, 11:22 AM
On 2006-03-13 04:55, LSF wrote:
As for using a hurley bat instead of my hands, my excuse is drunk & disorderly.

No excuse here.

InfinityXXX
Mar 13, 2006, 11:33 AM
On 2006-03-12 22:14, Dreadlock wrote:
Grab his jewels and squeeze the hell out of them. Gouge those eyes. There are no rules. Make your enemies never want to fuck with you again. Size does not matter. Those who lay their hands on people for no reason..should not be allowed to do it to anybody else.

Ooooh, you just made me hurt by reading that. >.<

navci
Mar 13, 2006, 03:26 PM
On 2006-03-12 22:29, Dreadlock wrote:
Call the Police. Sure. It's the right thing to do. It's humane. But you risk being labeled a coward.

Ya know. They say it takes a man with true courage to do the right thing, regardless of consequences. :>

Maridia
Mar 13, 2006, 04:07 PM
Navi speaks the truth. ;o

And you have two pending criminal records, and you're getting all drunk and crazy and getting into fights? Are you freaking insane? How the hell old are you? -_-

Seems you should be trying a little harder to stay out of trouble, sir.

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 07:36 PM
Ya know. They say it takes a man with true courage to do the right thing, regardless of consequences. :>

Hmm. Thats a very peaceful feminine view. What's nteresting is those in this thread who are against this male violence are females. Im glad you care for us. I love you. But, I'm sure you would think differently if you were a man. Do the right thing. What is the right thing? Go tell the police so your oppressor can rally his forces after being punished and attack you with all his might? So he can spread the news that you are a rat who can't stand up to him like a man? That would ruin your status. And no matter what they say, about doing the right thing, we humans are animals. We fight. We bicker. We have a social level. Bigger, richer, or stronger males have the females and the power.

"Ya know. They say it takes a man with true courage to do the right thing, regardless of consequences. " Thats what they all say. It takes a man to go squeal. Like a decapitated piglet.

But how many men are out there who are the perpetrators. We're talking about cowards, bullies, those with a weak mentality who have to take it out on others.

A man with true courage stands up against violence and bullying, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

But your version of a true man..

"Im going to be honest and manly and go tell on bob because he hit me."

"Hey a guy hit me and I want you to protect me please..No, I'm very tough and I am a true man..but I don't want to mess with him, so please arrest him so I can sue him...because I'm a true man, and it's the right thing."

If all else fails and your enemy can hurt you, then avoid conflict. That is a true, smart man.

But if you can stop them in the first place..take the chance.

Navci doesn't speak the truth. She speaks from the desired peace that today's human would want. Especially a female human who usually, historically and traditionally, does not like to be involved in physical conflict, anger, and violence.

There are those few females who stomp and fight just like us, and I consider them very threatening. They usually don't fight for what is just and right, which is the whole moral of the story.

As for us hot-blooded males, it's in our blood. We fight to protect our rank and to gain the favour of..guess who. You. And we've been doing it for a several millenia. Ah. For the glory and to gain the love of, but also protect women. Lets be honest, most women want a man who is caring, smart, and can protect them. Not to mention, we need to be this way to protect ourselves and our families.

When violence is used to hurt the weak or innocent, then it becomes wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock on 2006-03-13 16:48 ]</font>

navci
Mar 13, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-03-13 16:36, Dreadlock wrote:

Hmm. Thats a very peaceful feminine view. I'm sure you would think differently if you were a man.

You do realize this is the attitude that stuff like this happen in the first place. One person wants to prove he is bigger and stronger than all the others (because he probably isn't) starts the first punch. Then every other guy that wants to prove they are bigger and stronger (and probably isn't) does the same thing. The cycle goes on.

But hey, your choice. If it satifies your fragile ego? So be it.

EJ
Mar 13, 2006, 08:01 PM
On 2006-03-13 16:36, Dreadlock wrote:

Hmm. Thats a very peaceful feminine view. I'm sure you would think differently if you were a man.

Wrong.

It take a real man to do what is right instead of trying to prove himself to other people.

Fighting should be a last result not the first. If you think that will solve all your problems you are dead wrong. It will eventually cause more in the long run.

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 08:03 PM
You do realize this is the attitude that stuff like this happen in the first place. One person wants to prove he is bigger and stronger than all the others (because he probably isn't) starts the first punch. Then every other guy that wants to prove they are bigger and stronger (and probably isn't) does the same thing. The cycle goes on.

But hey, your choice. If it satifies your fragile ego? So be it.

Hmm. That one person is the perpetrator. All of my posts indicate how to stop them, how to defend yourself, not how to be the bully, the predator. The guy takes the first punch. Are you going to stand there and let yourself be wounded? No. Even females know better than to be beat on. You must defend yourself. And I offered two choices already. The first, which probably pleases you the most, is to avoid it all in the first place. And if that is not possible, you must defend yourself from the attacker. It's even about how to fight and kill others, its about why we do it and how to defend ourselves. Honestly, Im not going to go harrass and start violence with someone out of the blue. But, just like you say, there are those out there who do that.

That is when we must act. I already kind of disagreed with the thread starter for coming back with a bat, if you read my posts carefully. But in an all out brawl where THEY want to HURT you, you either stop them or get the hell away. Hmmm?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock on 2006-03-13 17:04 ]</font>

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 08:05 PM
Wrong.

It take a real man to do what is right instead of trying to prove himself to other people.

Fighting should be a last result not the first. If you think that will solve all your problems you are dead wrong. It will eventually cause more in the long run.

A real man also does not stand there and get hurt. Right, it is the last result, the last defense. But a punch or a vicious blow comes at you pretty fast, so your defense must be swift as well.

You have to understand that I agree with you. Just not with how to deal with the situation when it is already out of hand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock on 2006-03-13 17:06 ]</font>

Skuda
Mar 13, 2006, 08:10 PM
Violence should be used as a last resort.

I hold what Navi said to heart. Yeah, it does take courage to do the right thing. As silly as it may sound, I'd rather die doing the right thing than live life with a nagging conscience.

Why can't people these days grow up and see the problem with fighting.

No, I'm not a hippy. Hippies are gross.

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 08:15 PM
Well..die. I for one, would like to live on, live strong, and see that it doesn't happen again. I want peace, but its impossible for the time being. If only humans were perfect. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Maridia
Mar 13, 2006, 08:20 PM
First off, Dreadlock, that was a very sexist post up there. I'm not a femininst by any means, and you seem like a very smart man. You made many valid points in your post, but frankly, you should have avoided being so sexist. Don't want to offend any pretty ladies around here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Now, to my main point, it's all fine and dandy to defend yourself. But this man has already been in trouble with the law before. Where was he when this happened? Why was he intoxicated? This is stupidity. Not being manly. And it's my understanding that after being hurt, the man LATER chased down the other guy with the bat. That isn't defending yourself. That's revenge. The opportunity to defend himself was past. Your points are all fine and dandy, but they don't apply to this idiot.

And yes, people are animals, and yes, we live to fight. I know that while I'm a nice, and generally gentle person, I can be very quick to anger and you don't want to pick a fight with me. People will always be that way. But that doesn't mean we SHOULD always fight.

I like to joke about the line "Violence isn't the answer." IF VIOLENCE ISN'T THE ANSWER, YOU'RE NOT ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif It's funny, but I don't believe in it. People who fight when it's unnecessary are dumb. Defend yourself when it's absolutely necessary. And there's more than one way to defend one's self, sir. Keep that in mind.

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 08:35 PM
On 2006-03-13 17:20, Maridia wrote:
First off, Dreadlock, that was a very sexist post up there. I'm not a femininst by any means, and you seem like a very smart man. You made many valid points in your post, but frankly, you should have avoided being so sexist. Don't want to offend any pretty ladies around here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Now, to my main point, it's all fine and dandy to defend yourself. But this man has already been in trouble with the law before. Where was he when this happened? Why was he intoxicated? This is stupidity. Not being manly. And it's my understanding that after being hurt, the man LATER chased down the other guy with the bat. That isn't defending yourself. That's revenge. The opportunity to defend himself was past. Your points are all fine and dandy, but they don't apply to this idiot.

And yes, people are animals, and yes, we live to fight. I know that while I'm a nice, and generally gentle person, I can be very quick to anger and you don't want to pick a fight with me. People will always be that way. But that doesn't mean we SHOULD always fight.

I like to joke about the line "Violence isn't the answer." IF VIOLENCE ISN'T THE ANSWER, YOU'RE NOT ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif It's funny, but I don't believe in it. People who fight when it's unnecessary are dumb. Defend yourself when it's absolutely necessary. And there's more than one way to defend one's self, sir. Keep that in mind.

;o Yes. Sexist. This shows that I am not smart, nor am I a man. I am but a blossoming young man who wishes to make a point. I realize that was naughty, but you must agree..some of the stereotypes are a little bit true...come on now.

You also induced giggles. I did state I didn't agree with his tactics..especially getting drunk. Drugs and alcohol weaken the soul and mind. I fully agree with everything else you say. In fact. You dominate me.

The only thing is..yes. There are other ways to defend oneself..but they usually involve getting hurt. In a physical conflict like this, you can sit back and get hurt, or fight back. Even if someone could come to you aid, the damage would already be done quick, knowing how vicious some of the critters are these days.

So you got to kick ass to save ass. Your own. Now my ass..is a fine piece of roman art, and I do not want welts or bruises on it. Hm I do agree that fights should be avoided in the first place, but sometimes you can't, or you need to defend others and yourself.

Where I'm from, they strike first, ask questions later. It's a mentality. Stupid, beastly, but it exists.

LadyRedComet
Mar 13, 2006, 08:43 PM
I got punched in the face once. I didn't hit back, I didn't "kick ass to save ass," I did the right thing. I let the authorities handle it, even though the bitch that hit me lied and said I hit her first, and had friends lie to back her up. The same friends that surrounded me and wouldn't let me escape, or any adults present see what was going on. And you know what? I lived. With reputation intact. I even have a clear conscience and no criminal record to show for it, unlike the other girl.

So I am a pacifist for a reason, and it's not just because I was born female.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 13, 2006, 08:48 PM
I could be wrong but, isn't there some kind of way to avoid being hurt and avoiding your opponent's blows? I believe there is some kind of style that involves throwing, and grabbing whatever your enemy swings at you during precise moments. But yeah, after typing that it looks rather impossible... But isn't there some kind of "fighting" style where you can basically avoid your opponent's attacks without really damaging him/her too?

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 08:51 PM
Thats quite an experience. Thats usually what happens when you do the right thing. Not everyone attacks you the same way. I truly respect what you did though. But I would've preferred it if you had not gotten hurt, and got away or something. I would've preferred it if those girls did not team up and accuse you.

It's all very complicated, see. You lived, your reputation is intact. You're lucky. It can be different though. Say the girls had concealed weapons. And used them. You would not be around to go to the authorities. Or if they had decided to get revenge after everything was over. I guess sometimes it's more serious, sometimes it's not.

Life is complicated. I would like to go live on an island for a few years and discover the intricacies of this thing..this thing called life.

Dreadlock
Mar 13, 2006, 08:54 PM
Yes. Some parts of Tai Chi teaches you to use nature and the elements to aid you. It's mostly defensive and allows you to let the enemy use his own force to knock himself down.

Jujitsu, Judo, and wrestling have some of these aspects as well. You can very well just handicap your enemy and get away. But not every person on the street is willing to take these beautiful arts of self defense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock on 2006-03-13 17:55 ]</font>

Maridia
Mar 13, 2006, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that incident, LadyRedComet. Nobody likes being ganged up on. In grade 12, near my graduation, a large group of the overly large grade niners ganged up on me (long story short, they lived to torment my friends and I, and I stood up to them once and told them off) and beat me up pretty badly. But I was lucky and they were caught in the act. You're a very lucky girl that those other girls didn't do anything to you. And you were right to handle it the way you did. Though I bet it would have been really satisfying for a second to give her one heck of a slap in return. <_<

In response to another post, I'm not sure if it's so much a style of its own, so much as having good agility and simply knowing how to counter moves without using excess force.

Thanks for your kind words, Dreadlock. It's always nice to see a smart, competant user in these forums.

LadyRedComet
Mar 13, 2006, 09:39 PM
Aikido (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aikido) sounds a lot like what you're describing. I've been to an exhibition of that, and it involves using your opponent's offensive momentum to defend yourself (preferably without hurting anyone involved, and hopefully deterring them or allowing you time to escape or get help). I'm sure there are others that have the same focus and goals, but this is the only one (so specifically dedicated) I have seen myself.

LSF
Mar 13, 2006, 11:35 PM
O.K. I sort of scanned over all this un-expected attention and only a few things are imprinted clearly on my mind, so forgive me if I say something that sounds out of place. It' Q&A time...

Someone asked my age, i'm 19.
As for self-defence, it's not easy to co-ordinate an attack pattern or for that matter much physical action at all after a 10-glass bottle of Buckfast (Tonic-wine) with a side order of Tricolour. (Addictive mint-flavoured Irish cocktail.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)
I also picked up something about trying to look big...oh dear. It's deeply offensive to me that someone would assume that I base my actions on the views of other people, I just gave the guy what he deserved in my opinion. People like him are the ones trying to look big, don't you think?
Oh, and another thing about bringing this on myself...I disagree, obviously.
I didn't provoke this in any way nor did I pre-meditate it, so I really can't see how it would be my doing.
And now I've run out of things to say...

So hopefully that's something cleared up for you knowledge-hungry people.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LadyRedComet
Mar 13, 2006, 11:41 PM
Perhaps in the future you should drink less? Since apparently it predisposes you for violence and you've already got a criminal record. That makes mixing you and alcohol sound like a really stupid choice.

There's really no point in ranting about it when it's entirely your fault. You got drunk, and exacted revenge on someone that hurt your fragile pride, but you upped the ante and went after him with a weapon. Not exactly brilliant, considering your record.

LSF
Mar 14, 2006, 12:10 AM
Perhaps you would prefer that I rant about your 'give-this-guy-a-rough-time' comments?
And no I don't drink too much, where I come from drinking too much is adding another 3-4 bottles of Buckfast and maybe a few shots of whiskey.
Besides, i'm not a violent person when sober or drunk, and I never once mentioned that either of those criminal records were anything to do with violence, or indeed alcohol.
I don't have fragile pride either, you assume too much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LSF on 2006-03-13 21:11 ]</font>

LadyRedComet
Mar 14, 2006, 01:04 AM
If you are indeed so smart and are not violent drunk or sober, then why did you go smash some idiot's face in with a bat over what really amounts to nothing? Why rant about it when you have no intention of changing your ways to prevent this happening again? Why do it in the first place when you already have a criminal record (regardless of the cause(s) for that record) and doing it will reflect extremely poorly upon you, whether you get caught and punished or not?

All I'm saying is that maybe you ought to stop and think, about your habits and the consequences of your actions, before you bash someone else in the face for petty revenge and get caught.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 14, 2006, 01:25 AM
Ramdom guy headbutts you?

That seems a bit odd and out of place. According to your account you were "drunk and disorderly" perchance you might have provoked him? I mean seriously, a headbutt for no reason? Was he more drunk than you? And how the hell did he get close enough to headbutt you? Did he run at you like a rampaging goat and just headbutted you right? And then, out of the blue, you get a bat and somehow still manage to catch up to him and then hit him in the face with your bat?

Sounds... fake. Something is missing, no motive, no real concept of time.

My take on this is perhaps: You and him were both drunk, not too far from each other. Somehow you and him exchange words over something stupid, he calls you a name you call him back a name. He then headbutts you... you curse at him... he laughs and is too drunk to run away. You... go get a bat, tap him on the shoulder as he turns to face you... you let him have it.

Oh, yes, very manly. Im sure. Good stuff for action flicks.

Because, hell, I carry my bat with me everywhere I go just in case someone "deserves" a face full of bat.

Whatever... you just sound violent and so does the other guy, Im not going to cheer for neither of you.

LSF
Mar 14, 2006, 02:30 AM
On 2006-03-13 22:25, Scejntjynahl wrote:

That seems a bit odd and out of place.

Wake-up and smell the coffee please!!! THIS is the 21st century, shit happens.

I see that your questioning how I could all of a sudden have a bat to get him with. In case you haven't guessed yet, i'm Irish, and there's no big cities here...my flat is literally 5 mins from the pub, this occured on the way home. So you see, it doesn't take long to travel between the two. You'd also do well to keep in mind that it was friday night, social time y'know? Prime-time for testosterone overdrive, whatever you want to call it. If you lived here, you'd understand exactly what i've been talkin' about.

Different countries, different cultures, different rules.

Now that I think of it, his motive was more than likely to be my being catholic. I don't know and I don't care, to be honest. The bottom line is, he hit me and I hit him back.

Would someone close this topic please, I didn't come here to be grilled, nor have I anything more to say.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 14, 2006, 10:50 AM
On 2006-03-13 23:30, LSF wrote:

On 2006-03-13 22:25, Scejntjynahl wrote:

That seems a bit odd and out of place.

Wake-up and smell the coffee please!!! THIS is the 21st century, shit happens.

I see that your questioning how I could all of a sudden have a bat to get him with. In case you haven't guessed yet, i'm Irish, and there's no big cities here...my flat is literally 5 mins from the pub, this occured on the way home. So you see, it doesn't take long to travel between the two. You'd also do well to keep in mind that it was friday night, social time y'know? Prime-time for testosterone overdrive, whatever you want to call it. If you lived here, you'd understand exactly what i've been talkin' about.

Different countries, different cultures, different rules.

Now that I think of it, his motive was more than likely to be my being catholic. I don't know and I don't care, to be honest. The bottom line is, he hit me and I hit him back.

Would someone close this topic please, I didn't come here to be grilled, nor have I anything more to say.

You didnt provide all of this background information. You left out a lot, which leads to assumption. See now your story makes a bit more sense. So dont get all upset about people misunderstanding you, obviously you didnt take the time to give the finer details. Your story was more like "once upon a time, the end", it lacked substance.

Like I didnt know you were Irish, didnt know you lived five minutes from the pub, and didnt know your used to seen brawls because its Friday and drunkards usually are idiots. Nor that you were Catholic and he probably wasnt. You didnt give any pertinent info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2006-03-14 07:52 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Mar 14, 2006, 03:09 PM
Locked by creator request.