PDA

View Full Version : I wonder... (Please answer if you can)

Padium
Mar 13, 2006, 03:45 PM
I've been wondering, with PSU for PC, will there be network play? I personally doubt it, but if you know anything on it, or want to post your opinion on it, feel free to post.

Ryna
Mar 13, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-03-13 12:45, Padium wrote:
I've been wondering, with PSU for PC, will there be network play? I personally doubt it, but if you know anything on it, or want to post your opinion on it, feel free to post.

The only modes that have been confirmed for PC PSU is Story Mode, Extra Mode, and Online Mode. I sincerely doubt there will be a Network Mode where you can just play with friends on a LAN.

Kano-Okami
Mar 13, 2006, 04:36 PM
I doubt it too, especially with the whole "server-side saving". That makes LANing it more complicated then it would need to ..

Ceipe
Mar 13, 2006, 08:28 PM
Considering that this topic kinda tocuhes my doubts I'll ask something in addittion. I think this may have been greatly asked but I would appreciate if u keep the flamming low http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.
1. Is this game gonna cost again? Do we need to buy a hunters license all over again?
2. Are all levels in story mode implemented for online mode?

Please no flamming (too much, jeje)

Dre_o
Mar 13, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-03-13 17:28, Ceipe wrote:
Considering that this topic kinda tocuhes my doubts I'll ask something in addittion. I think this may have been greatly asked but I would appreciate if u keep the flamming low http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.
1. Is this game gonna cost again? Do we need to buy a hunters license all over again?
2. Are all levels in story mode implemented for online mode?

Please no flamming (too much, jeje)

1) Yes
2) We're not sure, but most likely

Not flamey enough for you noob? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Just kiddin. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ceipe
Mar 14, 2006, 01:07 AM
Well the payment takes away most of the appeal as most games add some sort of advertising and pay up for the connection whilst sega charges for the game and for the use of server....I think it's too much, all good games are free!!

THEMASTERG1
Mar 14, 2006, 01:30 AM
i doubt it man

Padium
Mar 14, 2006, 08:41 PM
Well...

I'm glad everyone has came to an agreement that there probably wouldn't be, but, what if there was?

Better question: On ps2 and possibly 360, any chance there will be offline multiplayer?

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

THEMASTERG1
Mar 14, 2006, 08:46 PM
On 2006-03-14 17:41, Padium wrote:
Well...

I'm glad everyone has came to an agreement that there probably wouldn't be, but, what if there was?

Better question: On ps2 and possibly 360, any chance there will be offline multiplayer?

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

No I think it's only online for PSU.

physic
Mar 15, 2006, 03:02 AM
uhhh
i guess yall missed some key info, half the game is offline, there is an entire offline mode. then there is an additional extra mode that seems to mimic online play to a degree. The offline mode is supposed to be a full 20-40 hour rpg so, cant really say that you arent getting anythong for your money. as far as having no fees, hey id love it too, but fact is it costs money to run and maintain servers, as well as adding new content. though im sure it could be done for less than we will get charged, such is the world.

my question as far as monthly costs, is i hope their service is lightyears beyond pso service. ffxi you pay a large sum, but they patch and add a good amount of content, and maintain fairky decent security as well as no retardedly major bugs, while keeping a pretty large mmorpg world running with out many interuptions. seriously pso was a shinig example of horrible online service

Sinue_v2
Mar 15, 2006, 04:50 AM
Um... they're talking about LAN dude, I'm sure everyone here already knows full well about the offline/online modes.

As for what you'll get for your money.. well ST is promising weekly updates and expandable content - so we'll just have to see how it goes when the game is released.

OdinTyler
Mar 15, 2006, 09:27 AM
ST NEVER promised weekly updates. They said they plan to support PSU 'for years to come'. Weekly updates would be great, even monthly. As long as it has regular, continued support. I do agree with you on the fact that we need to wait & see what happens when the game releases. For now, we're hopeful.

Sinue_v2
Mar 15, 2006, 12:19 PM
Actually, they do (or did) plan on weekly quest updates according the to the May 05 EGM issue w/ the PSU cover story.

OdinTyler
Mar 15, 2006, 04:12 PM
This I'd like to see. Of course, with ST's track record, it would have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Sinue_v2
Mar 15, 2006, 05:03 PM
I have the artical scanned off, but I'm a bit lothe to post it as I'm not sure about any complications over the posting of copyrighted material. The artical shouldn't be hard to find though. The information is on page 116 at the bottom left in a info-bubble titled "Weekly Questers".

Though you're right in being skeptical over weither or not Sonic Team will keep their word, that is what they announced.

OdinTyler
Mar 15, 2006, 07:02 PM
Well, you could just scan the text into a text program like Word & just paste the words up here (of course making sure to credit the writer). Idk, I'll believe ST on this when I see it.

Uncle_Pobatti
Mar 17, 2006, 01:11 PM
While allowing for possible surprise inclusion, I can almost say for certain there will be no LAN play support pre-built into the game at all. The reasons for this are:

1:PSO never has official LAN support.

2:ST want to make money off the online mode. By supporting LANs they reduce the number of people paying their online fees to play with real people.

3:To include LAN support, Sega would have to bundle PSU with some kind of limited server app. The problem with this is it potentially forms the basis for a modified server app that could be used to play with other people over the net for free. If people start their own private servers then Sega make no money from those people who are unlikely to pay for a hunters license. The existance of free servers would also tempt established online players away from the official servers as the private servers grow.

On saying that though, there's no doubt that unofficial servers will eventually pop up. Beware however that these servers are illegal and the creators and (maybe) players of those servers could face prosecution by Sega at any time.

So I suppose if we ever require LAN play, someone's gonna have to write a program to do just that.