PDA

View Full Version : PSU to be released June 1st in NA?

xenokai
Mar 18, 2006, 09:21 PM
Ebgame's and gamestop are indicating around may- june here? is this true?

Ryna
Mar 18, 2006, 09:30 PM
There have been no confirmed dates for PSU's release in the US. The only thing we have to go on is Fall 2006 on the official webpage.

TheWildJoker
Mar 19, 2006, 02:30 PM
yea i got so mad when i heard that i asked whens the release date and it whent from febuary to may to april and now June?? whats goin on i cant wait anylonger and this is annoying the hell outta me

Nash
Mar 19, 2006, 02:48 PM
The Japanese version has already missed 2 release dates.

Because of this I don't think they will announce another release date until the game is done, and they know they can make it. They can't risk disappointing people again.

So we are all in the dark at the moment. The Japanese version could be a few weeks away, or a few months, we just don't know. And there won't be word on a US release date until that one comes out. It's all a bit frustrating.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-03-19 11:50 ]</font>

BORBAN
Mar 21, 2006, 11:25 PM
I hope it's true it used to be May 1st now it's June1st.
I really hope it doesn't get delayed as much as Halo 2.
That would really chap my caboose.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 22, 2006, 01:16 AM
Or sega could pull another Saturn on us (for those who don't remember, it was released the day it was the same day it was presented at E3 some years back.

THEMASTERG1
Mar 22, 2006, 05:21 AM
I doubt it comes out in june. probably september if we're lucky.

Nash
Mar 22, 2006, 05:28 AM
Yeah, I'd say September or October is most likely in the US. Just before the PS3 launch, so it doesn't get lost in all that hype. I'm not hopeful of Europe getting it this year though, probably January. All depends on how much translation work has been done already.

One good thing that they announced at the recent PlayStation Business Meeting in Japan, is that PS1/PS2 games will be rendered in high-definition when played on PS3. So PS2 PSU will look as nice as the PC version when played on PS3.

Sev
Mar 22, 2006, 12:35 PM
It's also possible that the US release will be closer then to the Japanese release then we think. I know it's not likely, but the chances that it could happen aren't that bad. I can't say msyelf... How the game process works... But let's say that they're done with the story portion already, couldn't they have already gotten all the voice acting for the game started? And the translations for the game too, I'm not sure how long all of this will take, but how long has the actual core story, and parts that would require voice talent been done?

How possible is it... That given these things have already been worked on, a US release could be 1 or 2 months after the Japanese release? And if they're working at the same time, wouldn't that bring a European release closer as well? Of course... This is probably the least likely case, but you can't count it out completely.

Either way, I've already prepared myself to wait til Fall.

Nash
Mar 22, 2006, 01:59 PM
I think a 2 month gap is the best we can hope for, as with the original PSO which was already completely translated and just had a few bug fixes. The trouble with Sega though, is from what's happened with the past releases you never know how long you are going to have to be waiting. It could be 2 months, or it could be 6.

With Sega's US site saying Fall though, it seems likely to be later rather than sooner. It's rare for releases to be bought forward.

Hopefully they'll be some news about the Japanese release soon. I'm still crossing my fingers for multi-language support like we got with PSO.

Sev
Mar 22, 2006, 02:43 PM
Well, one can only hope.

Sega's behaviour with this game has certainly been strange... I'm sure that they already understand that people hate the delays... So of course... The Fall release which isn't anything speciffic could just be a placeholder. I want it to be a placeholder, but I know that's irrational.

Two months would be a decent gap, alot shorter then what we're looking at. I just don't think that game companies are completely unconcious of gamers around the rest of the world. I'd have to imagine that by now... They're trying to lower the gaps, and if not, then we need to start complaining about it. Nothing will change if we just accept it. I'm all about complaining, but I guess that's only because I want THIS game more then any other.

Patience is key though. It's not like I can't keep myself busy until it comes out.

BORBAN
Mar 22, 2006, 04:00 PM
I can't wait I've been looking at trailers and info all over the site for a while now I've read everything there is to read about the game one this site, and a few others. I'm not one for patience at all.
but I guess I have to wait. Nothing else to do.

StarLionsX
Mar 27, 2006, 01:10 AM
What happenend to May 7th, 2006?

Spellbinder
Mar 27, 2006, 03:51 AM
On 2006-03-26 22:10, StarLionsX wrote:

SEED ate it... >.>

Sev
Mar 27, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-03-27 00:51, Spellbinder wrote:

On 2006-03-26 22:10, StarLionsX wrote:

SEED ate it... >.>

More of a reason to exterminate it when we get the chance!

StarLionsX
Mar 27, 2006, 02:06 PM
I'm going to EXPLODE if it doesn't come out soon....

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2006, 10:13 PM
It is possible that it could hit the US very shortly after the JP release, assuming that they are currently working on the translations. From my understanding, the game is completely finished, but has only been delayed so they can tweak the servers and add a few Resist/Broomop++ thingies here and there...

Is it possible? Yeah.
Is it likely? Nah, not in my opinion.

DamonKatu
Mar 27, 2006, 10:26 PM
I just hope so...im sooooooooooooo bored...

EspioKaos
Mar 27, 2006, 11:00 PM
Please note that the following information has not yet been officially confirmed by SEGA!

I was checking the coming soon list in the computers at work today, and I noticed that the date for PSU had been changed again. Before, it just said June (and before that, May, and before that November). Now instead of a month we have an actual date listed: 10.24.06. This would go in line with SEGA of America's listing of Fall 2006, so it kind of makes me wonder if SEGA's let GameStop in on something that the general public won't find out until later. Though, I still wish for an earlier date, if this one stays put and turns out to be the real deal, I'll be happy.

DarK-SuN
Mar 27, 2006, 11:11 PM
10.24.06... I can live with that if it's true and it doesn't jump all over the place again.
If that's the US date, it'd mean the JP version may come out about 3 months earlier (more or less), which is also ok with me.

OdinTyler
Mar 27, 2006, 11:23 PM
OK before anyone goes nuts, I must ask you, Espio. Is this the JP or US date? You mentioned Sega of America but also Sega as a whole. So, if you know a specific, that would help. I understand it's not confirmed, but, it would be nice to know which date you found.

EspioKaos
Mar 28, 2006, 01:13 AM
On 2006-03-27 20:23, OdinTyler wrote:
OK before anyone goes nuts, I must ask you, Espio. Is this the JP or US date? You mentioned Sega of America but also Sega as a whole. So, if you know a specific, that would help. I understand it's not confirmed, but, it would be nice to know which date you found.
US release date.

OdinTyler
Mar 28, 2006, 07:39 AM
OK sounds good. However, I'm hesitant to believe it as releases tend to be more popular in Sept & Nov. This is an odd turn of events, but, a date's a date. Let's just see what comes of it.

fumatanera
Mar 28, 2006, 12:27 PM
there is the unoffical JP release date on Amazon.co.jp as June 30, so it could be correct that the US date is 10/24.

StarLionsX
Mar 28, 2006, 02:09 PM
I just checked Ebgames site and here is the release date that they have....

Pre-Release
ETA: 10/24/06

So i'm guessing that its right.

Sev
Mar 28, 2006, 05:37 PM
Well.. What else can be said.

Get prepared to be patient. I'm already settlin in.

fumatanera
Mar 28, 2006, 05:39 PM
im not getting excited until the game is actually in my hands

scott1114
Mar 28, 2006, 06:29 PM
By the way 10/24 is for PS2, PC is supposed to be June 1st. according to Ebgames...

OdinTyler
Mar 28, 2006, 11:24 PM
Considering the JP version isn't out nor is a date officially announced, I wouldn't be so quick to believe a June 1 date, especially from EB Games.

scott1114
Mar 29, 2006, 05:28 PM
Me neither, but the 10/24/06 seems realistic

Kingdom Hearts 2 is finally out whoohooo

Trinkster
Apr 1, 2006, 11:07 PM
Well, I have went like a week ago and they told me June 1st so thats what im shooting for wether it looks resonable or not. I'm just as sick of this delayment business as yall.