PDA

View Full Version : Games you play Till PSU

virus499
Mar 21, 2006, 12:41 PM
What Games have you been playing till you pay your 50 bones to play PSU??

Here is my list:
Call of Duty 2
Fable the Lost Chapters
Star Craft Brood War
Counter Strike
Rainbow six 3

ulyoth
Mar 21, 2006, 01:51 PM
Copied from another site about what we are playing, i plan on playing most of these till PSU and more.
Due to me getting a job, i have money to spend so every month since i started ive bought 2-3 games each month XD
Ill try to put them in some order...
Doom 3 (xbox) - Hardly played this at all, probably due to me getting the following two games at the same time.
Sonic Rush - Really great game, also the first sonic game ive ever got all the emeralds on.
Geist (GC) - Strange game, your the ghost of a guy called raimi. You get to scare people to possess them, then go around shooting people and strange monster things from another dimension.
Nintendogs - Hardly played this either, started to enjoy it then i think i bought another game XP
Gameboy Micro with Pokemon Emerald - Spent many a night playing this, and the little differences make all the difference.
Pokemon colleseum - Saw this in the pre owned section and thought id have ago, its ok but i enjoyed XD more (get to that soon)
Prince of Persia : Sands of time - Got this at the same time as Colleseum to see what all the fuss was about, combat is rubbish and its abit glitchy but the acrobatics are fantastic.
Dead or Alive Ultimate - Hehe, i dont normally go for fighting games but this was cheap and is quite enjoyable.
Pokemon XD (Phew 3 Pokemon games...) Got totally addicted to this, its so much better than colleseum.
Mario and luigi : Partners in Time - What can i say? Nintendo humour throughout, the Hammer Bros were a funny surprise.
Animal crossing : Wild world - This has been just what i needed, something i could play for 10 mins to 1 Hour a day, just got a perfect town and trying to get some hybrids.
Metroid Prime Pinball - Another fun game for short bursts, the pre rendered close ups on samus are fantastic.
P.N. 03 - Underrated Capcom, where dodging lasers is almost like dancing, perfect for when im in a hardcore mood.
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat- not had long enough, got it thursday.
Ninja Gaiden- only got it today! £9.99!!
Wow seems like an awful lot...
Whats next? Well i already have a pre order on a US version of Metroid hunters XD

Hyda
Mar 21, 2006, 02:16 PM
Halo 2
Perfect Dark Zero
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Dead or Alive 4
Final Fantasy XI
Kingdom Hearts
...Among other games I dont seem to remember at this moment...

fumatanera
Mar 21, 2006, 02:17 PM
FF III
Xenosaga 2
Dragon Warrior 8

and hopefully *doesn't hold breath* PSU will be out before these games:

Twilight Princess
Xenosaga 3
FF XII

Pseudo
Mar 21, 2006, 02:23 PM
Maple story erm.. maple story and er.. maple story ^_^

voxie
Mar 21, 2006, 03:18 PM
Busy getting lvld up on Ep1&2 and mastering decks on Ep3. Might as well as I probably won't be playing online with them again after PSU is out. ;_;

Bot-Bot
Mar 21, 2006, 04:29 PM
Recently started playing Episode 3 hardcore, now that hockey season is over...

Our team got 2nd in state http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DamonKatu
Mar 21, 2006, 04:33 PM
*Looks at the stars, woundering what ever happened to that specail someone*

scott1114
Mar 21, 2006, 05:19 PM
Playing Drakengard 2
Kingdom Hearts(KH2 soon)
Devil May Cry 3
Dragon Quest 8
Tales of Legendia

SekotheFOmar
Mar 21, 2006, 06:15 PM
Half Life 2
Counter Strike Source
Unreal Tournament 2004
World of Warcraft...that is if your getting bored of it
Final Fantasy XI
Party on PSOBB
Or just play a tactics game and put it on hard mode

DizzyDi
Mar 21, 2006, 06:58 PM
Currently its...
DQ8
FFXI
Replaying FFIX
GTA:San Andreas
The original PS games on emulator :)
A whole buncha other SNES games on emulator

Thats it fer now.

Saraphim
Mar 21, 2006, 07:07 PM
PSOBB, Warcraft 3, and thats about it. I was gonna start Eve, but I had problems with it during my 2 week trial (oh well). Hopefully PSU will be out before summer ends (but I doubt it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

kazuma56
Mar 21, 2006, 07:08 PM
For me:

FFXI
MGS3:Subsistence
Grandia 3
Tales Of legendia
Wild arms 4
KH2
Suikoden 5
Shadow hearts 3
Disgaea 2 (supposedly in june/july)
DQ8
WOW
GW/GW:factions
might be a couple more...but the MMORPG's are the forefront of all my playing mostly (managed to "finish" TOL's story...not the extra character stories though)

_glowstiq_
Mar 21, 2006, 10:19 PM
Counter-Strike 1.6.

:| CAL-IM matches occupy my time until playoffs. After playoffs, I won't have anything left to occupy my time. I may go insane.

Alizar
Mar 21, 2006, 10:22 PM
Phantasy star Collections-GBA (all ready beat PSIII, it's not so bad)
PSO Ep. I&II-GCN
Dynasty worriors-PS2
Runescape-PC.... hey, its adictive
Armored Core-PS2 (finishing them all off)
Fable: The Lost Chapters-Xbox (Beat it twice already)

Sev
Mar 22, 2006, 01:38 PM
Umm...

World of Warcraft... And as of late that's all I've played...

FFX
Kingdom Hearts
Shining Force Neo (SO much killing in that game)
Need For Speed Undergroud Most Wanted (My Lexus kicks ass XD)
Xenogears (It never ends...)

And aside from that I just watch Anime all the time. I have a few other MMO's but I got rid of 'em all. Been thinking about getting back on BlueBurst.

Jive18
Mar 22, 2006, 01:57 PM
Not much on my list:

- PSO Ep.I&II (Gamecube)
- DDR Max
- DDR Extreme (both U.S. and JP)
- Twilight Princess (when it comes out)
- God of War (only $20 now)
- Kingdom Hearts II (when I get some $$)

BORBAN
Mar 22, 2006, 03:56 PM
Pso ep.1&2
Sonic Battle (still fun for some reason)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (never will get boring)
Halo2 (same here)

there's probably some other stuff but I can't think right now.

hypersaxon
Mar 22, 2006, 04:14 PM
I'll probably be playing FFXI for 360.

Zelutos
Mar 22, 2006, 06:04 PM
Grandia III
Kingdom Hearts II
Tales of Legendia
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy VIII
Guild Wars

uhh..i think that'll keep me occupied?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2006-03-22 15:04 ]</font>

Para
Mar 22, 2006, 06:10 PM
Gunbound
Wesnoth
Unreal Tournament 2004
Half Life 2
PSO:BB

therealAERO
Mar 23, 2006, 09:05 PM
I just got Metroid Prime Hunters so that will keep me going for quite awhile.

Anyone see the new Legend Of Zelda: Phantom HourGlass?

Also I will be going to E3 in about a 47 days , so hopefully they will have a Final Build of PSU there, and that would hold me over for quite awhile.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 23, 2006, 10:56 PM
I've been playing World of Warcraft, but now i'm considering grabbing .hack//fragment.

Blitzkommando
Mar 23, 2006, 11:49 PM
I've been playing Half-Life² since day one and I have to say that I still love playing it as much as I did then, if not more. Needless to say, Half-Life² and the various mods associated with it will be my primary focus.

I'll also play quite a bit of Civilization II: Test of Time, Civilization III, Age of Empires III, Age of Empires II: The Conqueror's Expansion, with possibly some other RTS/TBS games thrown in for good measure. I not only like action games but also thinking games.

I'll probably also play F.E.A.R., Half-Life and mods, Far Cry, among other shooters. Hey, sometimes I like thinking other times I just want to let loose.

I'll end up playing Katamari Damacy and sequel as well. Simple, challenging, but most of all fun stuff.

I'm sure there are other games as well, but these are the primary. I might start playing World of Warcraft more once the school year starts to calm down, but until then I don't need another MMORPG sucking up all of my spare time that hasn't been taken up already with other games.

Alisha
Mar 25, 2006, 02:10 PM
ill be playing final fantasy XI cant wait to try puppetmaster

TheWildJoker
Mar 25, 2006, 04:13 PM
ill be playing knight online. its a great mmorpg for the pc and its free.

scott1114
Mar 26, 2006, 02:45 PM
only 2 days for kingdom hearts II, hope PSU won't be too long after...

StarLionsX
Mar 26, 2006, 03:54 PM
Chibi-Robo

Espilonarge
Mar 26, 2006, 07:57 PM
World of Warcraft, Elderscrolls IV:Oblivion and Metroid Prime 2.

Also been working on my own game, isn't anywhere near finished yet thoe. Heres a link to the screenshot title thoe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25676511/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Espilonarge on 2006-03-26 16:58 ]</font>

MXdude
Mar 26, 2006, 09:04 PM
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars
Halo2, until i get tired of cheaters and jackasses

Miyoko
Mar 28, 2006, 09:57 PM
Currently playing World of Warcraft... God this game sucks. PSU needs to hurry up. ;(

Also playing Resident evil DS, Metroid Prime: Hunters, and, me and my roomate got nostalgic, and started playing Secret of Mana... Best. Game. Ever. With terrible dialog.

OdinTyler
Mar 28, 2006, 11:22 PM
If you like Secret of Mana, you should try Legend of Mana. Good game too. I must warn you: the colors are VERY bright & it can take some getting used to. However, it's alot of fun, tons to unlock & if you have memory card saves from certain other Square games, you can open up even more. As for me, I occasionally bounce around to different games I own, but, pretty much playing lots of PSO offline.

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2006, 12:53 AM
Devil May Cry 3
Onimusha 4
god of War
GT4 (This game is too good!)

DamonKatu
Mar 29, 2006, 02:27 PM
Donkey KONGA!!!!! TWO!!!
Time spliters: FP
surfing at NG
Working at college XD
Looking in the art board (favorate)
Talking to one of my best friends to death *rofl*

AC9breaker
Mar 29, 2006, 04:22 PM
Mario Kart
Metroid Prime Hunters
Animal Crossing

Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents under Pressure.
Monster Hunter for ps2 on occasions.

Kano-Okami
Mar 29, 2006, 06:49 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2 now >_>;

Voodoo
Mar 30, 2006, 06:28 AM
On 2006-03-21 11:23, Pseudo wrote:
Maple story erm.. maple story and er.. maple story ^_^

Same, I played that a lot, although I haven't been playing it much in last couple of month used to be within top 100 in OMS now I am like 1xx >_>' Also, now I'm playing PSO on GC until this comes out. Damn myself and my RPG addictions.

Kayai
Mar 30, 2006, 03:06 PM
Im playing
World of Warcraft
Guitar Hero
Naruto Ninja Teisan 3
Kingdom Hearts (need more money for 2 XP)

and thats pretty much it for the time being

coomdoom
Mar 31, 2006, 06:32 AM
PSO EP1&2, PSO BB and that's about it.

fumatanera
Mar 31, 2006, 08:55 AM
bwah?! what the hell is a quick reply? guess i'm about to find out....

i just found out about Shadow of the Colossus. where was i when this game came out?!?! hopefully i'll be playing it before PSU comes or i'll never get my chance

psoDCforever
Mar 31, 2006, 05:11 PM
Battlefield 2
Grandia 3
Kingdom Hearts 2
.HACK//Quarantine (finished the saga! Oh and .Hack//gift is hilarious)
Sonic Riders (Alot better than i thought it would be)

BORBAN
Apr 2, 2006, 06:38 PM
On 2006-03-22 12:56, BORBAN wrote:
Pso ep.1&2
Halo2 (same here)

Also City of Villains.

Miyoko
Apr 2, 2006, 09:24 PM
OdinTyler, I've played Legends of Mana, too. I've played all of the Mana series (including seiken densetsu 3), and Secret of Mana is my personal favourite. LoM just seemed kinda... random and all over the place. Was still fun though.

Add another game to the list: my roomate and I got nostalgic again and started playing Super Mario World. >_>

Saraphim
Apr 2, 2006, 09:41 PM
Gonna have to add Black and White 2 to my list. I played through the demo this weekend, and I will buy it next week most likely. Absolutly addicting!

Kano-Okami
Apr 2, 2006, 09:48 PM
Tekken 4
Soul Calibur 3
Kingdom Hearts 1 (I just beat it but I must crush Sephiroth!)
Jak & Daxter series
Monster Hunter

BORBAN
Apr 3, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-04-02 16:38, BORBAN wrote:

On 2006-03-22 12:56, BORBAN wrote:
Pso ep.1&2
Halo2 (same here)

Also City of Villains.

Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 (Now that's some fun)

There's also some oldschool games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BORBAN on 2006-04-10 16:49 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-04-02 19:24, Miyoko wrote:
OdinTyler, I've played Legends of Mana, too. I've played all of the Mana series (including seiken densetsu 3), and Secret of Mana is my personal favourite. LoM just seemed kinda... random and all over the place. Was still fun though.

Add another game to the list: my roomate and I got nostalgic again and started playing Super Mario World. >_>

Cool, well of the Mana games I only played Secret of Mana on SNES & Legend of Mana. If Im gonna get nostalgic for a Mario game, its gonna be either Dr. Mario, Super Mario Kart, or SMB1-3. Once not too long ago, I was hanging at my brother's after a good night of drinking & out of nowhere, he puts on SMB3. I figured what the hell & started playing. Nice to reminisce every now & then. Im basically sticking to PSO til PSU (unless something else comes up).

Kent
Apr 4, 2006, 03:01 AM
Kingdom Hearts 2 (when I get it...)
Final Fantasy XI (mostly when the expansion comes out, and I get Blue Mage)
Metroid Prime Hunters

And... Probably some other stuff, if more stuff I want comes out, beforehand.

Rainbowlemon
Apr 4, 2006, 05:21 PM
Its annoying that like 50+% of the games quoted are sequals. Grr.

I'm kinda just on the sideline at the moment, downloading random demo's and browsing the internet for things to do until PSU finally decides to come out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MEGAHAWK21x
Apr 4, 2006, 05:57 PM
Oblivion
Burnout 360
Halo 2
Pokemon SNAP!!!! YEAYUH!@

Rubesahl
Apr 4, 2006, 06:12 PM
Elderscrolls 4: Oblivion -> AMAZING GAME O_o last game that surprised me so much in terms as a whole was PSO >_>;; So addictive T_T; I haven't let it down since I got it...

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 -> One of my fav RPGs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Everquest 2 -> For me EQ2 is playing WoW only with better designs and gameplay O_o; Honestly, I played WoW till like level 36 and quitted for a while and played the EQ2 trial for fun and I'm really impressed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Hard to believe I trashed it so much without playing it cause EQ was such an ass with me. But GW Factions may steal my heart again this April lol

Tokobot -> Great handheld fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Endall
Apr 8, 2006, 08:29 PM
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Call of Duty 2
EvE Online
Chrono Trigger
Time Splitters 3
Halo 2

FayteEternal
Apr 10, 2006, 05:08 AM
Ehhh, Hmm..
As far as gaming until PSU is released I think probably Oblivion for 360.
There are several new games I'd like to play for I'm sorta in the market for an HDTV now so that's where my 'meseta', as it were, is going for now.
I've been a dedicated FFXI player - 2+ years now, but I think it's time to step away from that game as I've literally done everything there is to do in it spanning all expansions as well.
I've actually been contemplating what to do with my extremely decked character..

OdinTyler
Apr 10, 2006, 10:49 AM
Well, I haven't played FFXI (& probably will never get to), so Idk what a 'great' char is in that game. I am familiar with the roots of the job system as it started in FFV & that was always a challenge, trying to get your chars the best combos you could. I would NOT recommend trying to sell your character for REAL cash. In EQOA, anyone caught buying/selling accounts was banned. If a friend of yours wants to take over the acct, Idk if anyone could say anything about that. I just wouldn't exchange cash over it tho. Just my recommendation.

ANIMEniac
Apr 10, 2006, 07:17 PM
sorry if this has already been posted but i say Guild wars.

y u ask? well it is about $40 for the game and is an online rpg with realy good server maintenance. and the best part is that online is free. that way you can play until PSU and spend the online fee for PSU and not have to worry about canceling the GW subscription. and if you take a long break then want to get back on you dont need to pay a reactivation fee or anything... just go online ^_^. but i also agree with many of the other games i have seen listed and have some of them ^_^

Rubesahl
Apr 10, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-04-10 17:17, ANIMEniac wrote:
sorry if this has already been posted but i say Guild wars.

y u ask? well it is about $40 for the game and is an online rpg with realy good server maintenance. and the best part is that online is free. that way you can play until PSU and spend the online fee for PSU and not have to worry about canceling the GW subscription. and if you take a long break then want to get back on you dont need to pay a reactivation fee or anything... just go online ^_^. but i also agree with many of the other games i have seen listed and have some of them ^_^

My exact philosophy on GW. I never really consider myself as 'leaving' GW since its always there ^.^ I love GW, but I'm taking a break from it for a while since I'm looking forward to kinda restarting in Factions...

Ragnarok_22
Apr 13, 2006, 08:30 PM
Im gonna be playing Kingdom Hearts II nonstop! Its an addiction...

scott1114
Apr 14, 2006, 07:46 AM
Yeah kingdom hearts 2 and rogue galaxy

Highlaw
Apr 14, 2006, 12:15 PM
well... i think it will take a wile until it gets here to Europe.... so....

-GuildWars (i love to make new builds and go pvp and enventualy.. die)
-Lineage2 (kinda simple... get a strider, lvl80 and capture a castle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif [www.lineage2.com])
-Counterstrike: source ( surf maps mostly )
-PsoBB and Pso epI,II for GC
-Halo2
-GuiltyGear X2
-all the other games ive for GC and Xbox
-all the other games ive for my PC

other than games i... take the dog out