PDA

View Full Version : Vicious Cycle

Sayara
Mar 26, 2006, 12:42 AM
For those uninformed: I am in Painting II this semester, and for the master copy project, i chose Erfüllung [fulfillment] (its my 2nd half of my title) by Gustav Klimt
http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~aniko/favorites/Fulfillment.jpg
And ive been working on it since Feburary. This painting, so to speak. is WAY above my skill level, but i can't pick an easy painting because im in the advance painting class. So in sense, im stuck with this one (not a bad thing, but its still very hard) Though recently, i've been being tossed through a vicious cycle with this painting (deja vu at its finest.)

When i paint, i get frustrated from overwhelming circumstances. (I shot my foot in sense).

When i get frustrated, i begin to clench my teeth, (a bad habit) Especially with the fact my gums/teeth are weak as shit as it is, they cause major headaches to me.

When i get a headache, my will to work drops. I get very angry, and just quit. This in turn effects all my other art/progress as well.

It also drives me senile, i grow restless. Which in turn makes me want to work on my painting again, and the cycle returns.

It is a given, that when ever i grow incrediblly angry, after time, i grow horrible down dumps. And thats about where i am now.

I know, its my fault, for picking such an amazing painting to try to copy, and thinking i could actually do something above my lowly painting skill level, but this is really mixing my brains apart. Figured itd be wise to spill it for once. Sorry.

EphekZ
Mar 26, 2006, 01:02 AM
That really sucks. There's really no way you cant change the picture?

I think you'll be able to do it good, maybe take some headache medicine or something?

navci
Mar 26, 2006, 01:07 AM
*hugglez*
I think I gave you most of the advices I can think of. Hang in there! Get a chew sponge? :>

FOAtHeart
Mar 26, 2006, 01:51 AM
Struggle valiantly, Tingl-o!

Remember not to get overwhelmed and that ya have lotsa people for support. :>

Maridia
Mar 26, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-03-25 22:51, FOAtHeart wrote:
StRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRuggle valiantly, Tingl-o!

Remember not to get overwhelmed and that ya have lotsa people for support. :>

Tingle, you get out of the dumps this minute and work on that painting! O:<

You're very talented, and I know you can do it. Don't let yourself wallow in the dumps because it's intimidating. Overcome the challange! And quit clenching your teeth. Get something to chew on if you have to. :3

YOU CAN DO EET

Eihwaz
Mar 27, 2006, 12:14 AM
Tingle, you are a skilled artist. Don't get yourself down! Just try your best, and keep refining your art as best as you can.

It might also help to get some teeth guards or something. Talking to your dentist/orthodontist would help a lot.

Daikarin
Mar 27, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-03-25 21:42, Tingle wrote:
When i paint, i get frustrated from overwhelming circumstances. (I shot my foot in sense).

When i get frustrated, i begin to clench my teeth, (a bad habit) Especially with the fact my gums/teeth are weak as shit as it is, they cause major headaches to me.

When i get a headache, my will to work drops. I get very angry, and just quit. This in turn effects all my other art/progress as well.

It also drives me senile, i grow restless. Which in turn makes me want to work on my painting again, and the cycle returns.

Ever hear the saying "You're as old as you feel?", or something like it? You already lost if you're starting to pay too much attention to anything that slows you down, or makes you feel worse. Try to use that ability to study your state of mind when everything works out, and compare the differences to find out the secrets of good fortune.

Sayara
Mar 31, 2006, 10:10 PM
Update: Here comes the grande finale.

The painting is due wenesday. And like 70% is done. Gonna be a fun weekend LOL

I'll just be glad to get this thing overwith.

Charmander02
Apr 1, 2006, 05:54 PM
If you get headaches then just take some Advil or something.

BORBAN
Apr 3, 2006, 03:43 PM
Aw man just paint some crap or just paint and whatever comes out is there end of problem.

BORBAN
Apr 3, 2006, 03:47 PM
unless you'll get that long I expect more than this, because you do much better than is speech. Then you're screwed, unless you could bare the speech. I can't.

Sayara
Apr 3, 2006, 04:11 PM
On 2006-03-25 21:42, Tingle wrote:
For those uninformed: I am in Painting II this semester, and for the master copy project, i chose Erfüllung [fulfillment] (its my 2nd half of my title) by Gustav Klimt
http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~aniko/favorites/Fulfillment.jpg

In case you were unaware. Master Copy means it must look like the base image. If it were any other way, thsis;d be done by now

BORBAN
Apr 3, 2006, 10:10 PM
well sounds to me like you're in a some crap.