PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard for some people...

PJ
Mar 26, 2006, 01:02 AM
...to be positive?

Is it such a crime to be happy? To be happy for other people?

Why does everyone have to be an ass to look good? Does it make them look better?

Why do such harsh things have to be said to everyone?

This is just my opinion, but I personally think that a terrible past life is a terrible excuse to be a bitter person.

So I was talking with someone awhile ago, about how some people just talk and act tough on the internet to make them seem bigger. Then, more recently with the same person, a new quote was brought up that went along the lines of "People will always lie. Give them a mask and they'll tell the truth." This quote is so odd. But hopefully, you understand it.

Eh, I'm only one person. It's not like I'll make everyone positive. Everyone has their downs, but when they take it with them everywhere.

It's just thinking.

EDIT: Exact quote

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-03-25 22:03 ]</font>

navci
Mar 26, 2006, 01:17 AM
I think being pessimistic might be a human nature really.
You know, like how someone says "Oh I am just having a really bad luck day!" Then you ask them why, they list 10 different negative things. YOu ask them, what about the time they won a free coffee, or got a really nice person smiling at them and gave them candy? They would say "oh that doesn't count. It was such a small thing."

It is how it is sometimes. Maybe bad things are just more traumatizing than positive things, it is a lot easier to remember that whenever a similar situation arise. Think about pain. Once you poke yourself on a needle, you will ALWAYS remember that pain and try to avoid the needle, or cringe at the sight of one. Same thing, if a past experience has cause pain and trauma, it is natural to assume that people will be avoiding it or well get scared that the same thing will happen again. It is just our nature, it is also a way to protect ourselves.

Granted, some people are able to realize that in real life situation, stepping in dog poo doesn't necessarily mean you will stink for the rest of your life. Each situation has different outcome depending on situations. However, cautious people will still be wary. In that way ya, they may never get over whatever past experience that is that tramatize them.

Consider this, some people are luckier to have less of those experience, that might really contribute to how they can recover quicker when they do encounter a horrible experience because well, it has never been like that, it must be a fluke. (or the reverse, of course) But really it comes down to the person and his situation. Everyone react to things differently, it is just the way it is.

Whoa. I rambled.

Daikarin
Mar 26, 2006, 05:23 AM
It's more like a Syndrome. We forget they can choose how to react to each situation, but often we let ourselves look at how easy it is to not cling on to fool's hope, or any hope at all, as we shape up the stereotypical idea that not trusting anyone but yourself, or believing nothing will ever work, is cool. Cool my ass, it makes you look like a senile old man, always ranting on how useless the world is and how it will never change.

It won't change because we don't.

DavidNel
Mar 26, 2006, 09:05 AM
I blaim TV... jk

InfinityXXX
Mar 26, 2006, 04:21 PM
I'm a positive person but every blue moon I might come off real negative. I also try to stay happy but every now and then someone or something will just piss me off.

I can't see how there are people in this world that just stay bitter ALL the time. If your happy and positive you feel better. right?

But I know how it feels when your happy and you got some negative person trying to rain on your parade.