PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

Saraphim
Mar 28, 2006, 11:24 PM
I was wondering if you will have to actually do a mission or quest, or if you can just run through an area with no quest.
I'm guessing not, because from what I've read, you form your team then select a mission/quest to get to the surface. Just wondering if anyone has heard differently.

Ryna
Mar 29, 2006, 09:46 AM
It is widely speculated that you'll be able just to run through an area. The only information we've seen so far is just for selecting a mission.

fumatanera
Mar 29, 2006, 11:35 AM
it seems likely that free runs would be available. i doubt they will have enough missions/quests to keep everyone busy leveling. and it would be boring doing the same missions over and over.

Sev
Mar 29, 2006, 12:15 PM
Things like...

"Clear the area" quests would basically be your run through. Makes sense enouhg to me.

Same with things like Mop-Up's and Endless Nightmares. Those wouldn't be so bad, they'd actually make more sense. You'd have a reason to be out in the feild everytime.

Maybe it'll be a different layout everytime, or clearing out the same layout once the problems arise again. Well, something like that maybe.

fumatanera
Mar 29, 2006, 12:34 PM
that'd be interesting if they took away some missions temporarily after people have played them enough (like Mop Up, etc.). they could bring them back once to simulate another SEED invasion.

Ryuzen
Mar 29, 2006, 05:33 PM
I wish...and i do mean i WISH they would just make the game free roam. If u think about it, the game has 3 planets. If SEGA was doing some thinking they could expand the quest system cosidering that the game could be as vast as they want it to be. For example you can free roam and find ruins of ancient civilizations or perhaps uncover the origin or the SEED. One way to make em would be as follows: u visit a town and someones child has been missing for 3 days w/e....and u try to find him/her only to realize he/she has been cornered by SEED and u save em. I mean the posibilities are huge...it all up to SEGA though.

Sev
Mar 29, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-03-29 14:33, Ryuzen wrote:
I wish...and i do mean i WISH they would just make the game free roam. If u think about it, the game has 3 planets. If SEGA was doing some thinking they could expand the quest system cosidering that the game could be as vast as they want it to be. For example you can free roam and find ruins of ancient civilizations or perhaps uncover the origin or the SEED. One way to make em would be as follows: u visit a town and someones child has been missing for 3 days w/e....and u try to find him/her only to realize he/she has been cornered by SEED and u save em. I mean the posibilities are huge...it all up to SEGA though.

Game won't be free roam. Give up on that. It'll be the same way that PSO was. Set zones that you can access to battle in. Other then that, the only place you'll be roamin are the cities that your in.

What you want... Sega isn't planning to do. There will be quests, but I'm guessin they'll take place in the same zones, the zones will rearrange. But I don't think there will be anything that's not in the offline in the online. Since that screws those who can only play offline. This is the thing... They can't just go and make the Online THAT MUCH better then the Offline in this type of game. You won't see anything too ridiculous.

Uncovering the origin of SEED is within the limits of a Mission or a Quest. Though, I'm pretty sure that will most likely be handled in the Offline story.

This game isn't MMORPG. It's Online... It's Multiplayer... And there's alot of people to play with. But it has limits on it that other games don't. It's not the MMORPG that you may be thinking it is.

Ryuzen
Mar 29, 2006, 08:45 PM
I can wish can i? ill play w/e SEGA creates bro, but i work in creating concepts for stories and art for an animation/graphics company. Its my job to think crap up. For the many years that i have played i have never seen a game concept as cool as PS. There may be better games overall, but they dont have as good a concept as this one IMHO. My *wish* is that sega would bring out the full potential of this game. I think its got more than any other out there. Any company who is in the biz is in it for money....period. If it was me....yes i would make it a true MMORPG (i love the game as is so no flame needed) i think its great,but at the same time once u try so many MMORPGs u get the feeling that u dont get all u want fron just one game. some have the pvp, some got the community, some got gameplay etc. and i think concept is the most important because once u have that....the rest can be done, its all a matter of what u wanna do. IMO if sega would tap this game to full potential, and the player would not be so damn afraid of change for the better, i think sega would clean house in the MMO market.ITs a great story/game its never been bad, damn even when it became MMO people started worrying but they liked it. so hell y not go further and reinvent it like they did before? SEGA has some of the most hardcore followers out there, im sure w/e they make will draw people. To me their making a good game, and thats it....they know well all like it, but since its easier to try the old things and give em a couple of new things theyll stick to that. and that doesnt bring innovation,something that made PSO what it is.

P.S. PSU will b great, but its PSOBB w new weps/stages/mobs. I would love it if in the future they would bring it to a higher lv of innovation/creativity.

***im not flaming anyone this is just what i think***

Sev
Mar 30, 2006, 05:57 PM
No bro, you can't wish. I'm the wish Nazzi, and I say, you're not gonna wish on my watch ok?

That's a joke of course, as I'm not a Nazzi.

From a money making standpoint... I think they stand to make more money doing it the way that they are. With so many MMORPG's already in the market, it's not just that easy to break in. Each game has it's own elements that catch the consumer, and I think PSU will do a pretty good job of catching fans of PSO, PS, and others who origionally had heard of both, but never tried them out. Not only do you have Online, but you also have Offline. For those who played as Ethan, and want their own character, there's Extra Mode.

Everyones entitled to there opinion. I just don't think making it into a true MMORPG would release any extra potential for most. Maybe for you, but not for most. The only thing that I would find to help the game out, would be more variations in your combo. Maybe certain styles that would be choosable, or the order in which you swing and how you swing was adjustable. Basically, adding more variation of effect to how your character moves during the combo. This is something I think you said previously.

If you think I'm flamin you, that's fine. I don't really care either way. I'm just voicing my thoughts, and they just happen to conflict with your's. You seem to be an MMORPG buff, that's something that I just couldn't be... Even after playing as many as I have for as long as I have, I prefer the PSO style over them. The changes that are being made to the game should improve that by leaps and bounds and should give me AT LEAT another good 5 years of play out of one game. That's not bad in my eyes.