PDA

View Full Version : Get your lazy ass off that computer!!!

Kuea
Mar 29, 2006, 12:43 PM
<_<

>_>

this is directed at my mother and many other people like her :/

If you say you have to do something, such as pick someone up, drop them off, go food shopping or some other thing, Get off the damn computer and fucking do it!!!

don't give me crap excuses like you are saying goodbye or you don't wanna stop whatever game you're playing not in a town :

now my mother is on the computer about 10 hours of the day doing nothing but play runescape and talk to her "friends" <_<

last thursday my sister worked till 7 and had to get to tae-kwon-do at 7:30, so she asked mom to be at her work By 7

well at 6:50 I got out of my room to go remind her that she had to go. what does she do? she stays on the comp :/ at 7:05 my sister calls asking where mom is, and mom refused to answer or even accept the phone -.-; so I finally forced it on her and she told daphne she would be on her way right then

sound good? o: well it was :/ at about 7:10 I went back to my room to do my own stuff and came back out at 7:30, guess who was at the computer~

in fact I remember most of my convo with her that night so lemme post it

<Me> Mom, you're supposed to pick up Daphne soon
<Mom> yeah I know, I'm just finishing up to go now
about 10 minutes later
<Me> it's 7 already, you were supposed ot be there by now
<Mom> yeah I know, I'm just saying goodbye
phone rings a few minutes later
<Mom> You get it, I don't want to talk to her
<Me> ... well maybe you should have been there when you said you would
<Sister> Hello? where is she? I'm gonna be late!
<Me> On the computer still
<Sister> What? but she said she would make sure to be here at 7 so I wouldn't be late, what the hell's she doing?
<Me> Talking to her "friends" of course
at this point I force the phone to mom
<Mom> Yes I know, I know, I, But kevin said you brought your bag with you so you wouldn't need a ride, no no he said you had it
<Me> Yeah... I said that's what she told me at 10 in the morning
Now see, I went to the stairs and seen daphne's bag sitting right in the middle of them
<Me> Well mom, if you weren't so blind you might have seen her bag sitting on the stairway... in a spot where you have to step over it :/
<Mom> Whatever. I'll be leaving now
At this point she hangs up the phone
So I sit in the living room waiting for mom to go to make sure she leaves and what does she do? Nothing.
<Me> Mom, it's like 7:30, get off the computer and go get daphne!
<Mom> I'm not gonna go anywhere with you sitting there trying to make me go
<Me> ... and you call me irresponsible?
and now is when I left to go back to my room... with mom leaving nearer to 7:50 -.-;

This woman will kick anyone off the computer the moment she gets home saying that she bought it, she gets on it whenever. so basically she spends her time either on the computer, in bed, or at work on a printing computer ;p

Now seriously... Get a fucking clue!!!

my mom is only one of several people like this :/ Is it so hard to get off the computer for 5 minutes?

what's worse is when my mother dares to compare herself to me. No. I am able to get off the computer if I'm needed or I said I'd be somewhere. No. I don't and wouldn't kick anyone off just so I could get on. No. I am nowhere near that horrible as you.

So please, get a fucking hold on yourself, be resonsible and act your damn age!

Feelmirath
Mar 29, 2006, 01:15 PM
now my mother is on the computer about 10 hours of the day doing nothing but play runescape and talk to her "friends" <_<
There you go, instaphail http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On a more serious note, probably best to unplug the cable whenever she needs to go... Then she won't be able to make up excuses like, "Lemme say goodbye to my friends", or "U CNAT MAEK ME MOVE!1!"

Charmander02
Mar 29, 2006, 04:01 PM
You've ranted about your mom a few times now (i think) and it seems that nothing is working. She is always on the computer. Personally if my mom was on the computer 10 hours a day and not doing her responsibilities then i would just take a sledge hammer and kill that damn computer. I dunno...that's just what i would do.

KodiaX987
Mar 29, 2006, 04:24 PM
Here's something harmless you can do, but that'll stop her from using the computer for a good while:

Open the case, find out where the RAM is, and for each slot, pop open one of the two handles on each side. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif The computer will stop detecting the RAM and fail to boot.

Shadowpawn
Mar 29, 2006, 05:18 PM
On 2006-03-29 13:24, KodiaX987 wrote:
Here's something harmless you can do, but that'll stop her from using the computer for a good while:

Open the case, find out where the RAM is, and for each slot, pop open one of the two handles on each side. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif The computer will stop detecting the RAM and fail to boot.

Nah, then she'll just say Kuea broke it and yell at Kuea just because she can. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Dreadlock
Mar 29, 2006, 06:20 PM
Awesome. It's usually the parents that have a problem with the kid's computer habits. Tell your mom to fight the power. And play PSOBB. And other online games.

EphekZ
Mar 29, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-03-29 15:20, Dreadlock wrote:
Awesome. It's usually the parents that have a problem with the kid's computer habits. Tell your mom to fight the power. And play PSOBB. And other online games.

yea ummm if you dont have anything helpful dont say it. unless like FKl then its ok http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

on-topic
Well maybe you could like stage something to where something really bad happens as a result of her staying on the computer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Dreadlock
Mar 29, 2006, 06:53 PM
Excuse me, Bob. But am I required to say something helpful and immediately ally with others on what they say like some kind of ass-kissing drone maid? Is that in the rules page? I simply came in, offered some commentary/criticism, and spoke my mind. I would be in FKL if I really wanted to screw around.

Don't you dare tell me what I can type unless it is beyond vulgar and offensive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock on 2006-03-29 15:54 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Mar 29, 2006, 07:15 PM
On 2006-03-29 15:53, Dreadlock wrote:
Excuse me, Bob. But am I required to say something helpful and immediately ally with others on what they say like some kind of ass-kissing drone maid? Is that in the rules page? I simply came in, offered some commentary/criticism, and spoke my mind. I would be in FKL if I really wanted to screw around.

Don't you dare tell me what I can type unless it is beyond vulgar and offensive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock on 2006-03-29 15:54 ]</font>

I'd say that what you typed wasn't exactly tactful to say the least.

Dreadlock
Mar 30, 2006, 06:56 PM
I agree. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I was expressing my joy towards the parent. Im on the parent's side, you might say. So many people have the opposite problem of what she described, that I welcomed the change. My own parent used to accuse me of doing nothing but sitting and drooling on the computer all day. And they accused quite violently. Thing is..they don't get home until 9pm. So what the hell do they know.

Maridia
Mar 31, 2006, 07:34 AM
Let's not fight people.

And uh.. Eclair (kuea, to people who don't know him as eclair anymore), after all the things I've ever heard about your mother.. I uh.. I think I hate her. <_<

My mom is bad, and annoying sometimes, but your mom is really irresponsible, which makes it a lot worse. I swear, I'd love to meet your mother someday so I could tell her where she can stick her poor parenting skills. It's a wonder she ever raised such a good kid, honestly.

navci
Mar 31, 2006, 01:30 PM
What does she do now. .... where is the income of Household coming from? ._. It opens up a new possibility of that when you're chatting someone up online, think about who it COULD be!

:<
I honestly don't quite know what to say except to try your best and get out of there. I have probably said more than once that your family is really quite.. odd, to put it a mild way. To get on with your life it just seem that you need to be away from them, as far away as possible. :<<<<<

On a lighter note, ya know, maybe now you'd understand parents trying to fight with kid's computer addiction. Only they can ground you, you can't ground them.

BORBAN
Mar 31, 2006, 06:23 PM
I'm just wondering if you will be in any kind of trouble if you're mom just happens to see this.

Kuea
Apr 2, 2006, 05:03 AM
On 2006-03-31 04:34, Maridia wrote:
after all the things I've ever heard about your mother.. I uh.. I think I hate her. <_<

heh

I hate her too, but she's still my mother so I put up with it =3

On 2006-03-31 04:34, Maridia also wrote:
I'd love to meet your mother someday so I could tell her where she can stick her poor parenting skills. It's a wonder she ever raised such a good kid, honestly.

do you know ho much I'd love for someone to say stuff like that to her? XD

On 2006-03-31 15:23, BORBAN wrote:
I'm just wondering if you will be in any kind of trouble if you're mom just happens to see this.

hmm... I have no clue <_< depends on if anyone is around to witness it or not

if someone was around she'd probably get mad, talk a little and try to soud responsible, then leave and yell later XD

if no one was, she'd prolly bust a lung yelling and spouting threats XD

On 2006-03-31 10:30, navci wrote:
On a lighter note, ya know, maybe now you'd understand parents trying to fight with kid's computer addiction. Only they can ground you, you can't ground them.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif ya know... I've never really ever known anyone ever as bad as she is >_>;

a good thing that seems to have come out of this... she bought more ram for the comp >_>

she still spends non-stop time on here though :/

she wouldn't even get off to pick up her step-sister from work so she wouldn't have to walk/bus home >_>;

BogusKun
Apr 9, 2006, 02:30 AM
ur mom and my mom should marry

washuguy
Apr 9, 2006, 01:03 PM
That... Is f***ed up...

DonRoyale
Apr 9, 2006, 05:27 PM
On 2006-03-29 09:43, Kuea wrote:
my mother is on the computer about 10 hours of the day doing nothing but play runescape and talk to her "friends" <_<

Yeah, that sums it up.

Then again, she'd have probably left by 8:50 had it been PSOBB. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

REJ-
Apr 9, 2006, 08:31 PM
On 2006-03-29 09:43, Kuea wrote:
my mother is on the computer about 10 hours of the day doing nothing but play runescape and talk to her "friends" <_<

Runescape huh? I have an easy and "Harmless solution to that. Runescape is a somewhat addicting game for a lot of people (I was once one of the fallen ones engaged in that game). The one thing that made me quit was when my account got screwed, That's when I saw the Light http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyways what you do is, wait for her to sign on, and watch her type the password in. It's helpful to watch her type using a digital camera to record it, so you can zoom in and play it in slow motion. Once you know her password, log into her account then screw her account up. Just drop all her runescape stuff everywhere and then log out:

That means EVERYTHING in her INVENTORY and in the BANK, well not everything, here's a checklist: Gold, Equipment, and that's about enough to do it.

Before you ask how I know this, I used to play Runescape.

As a final note, she'll get pretty mad, then she's likely to get fed up with the game, as long as she doesn't know it was you. Also, DON'T GET CAUGHT! Be stealthy when you record her typing in the password, do the sabotage late at night, and turn the sound down.

EDIT: spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: REJ- on 2006-04-09 18:34 ]</font>

Deltra
Apr 11, 2006, 07:23 PM
Hmm, RuneScape eh?

Geez, your mother has a bad addiction to that game. Even myself, who has played for 11 months, I log out regularly to eat and I don't make silly excuses, and I actually have a life.

I'd probably try to talk to her about what she is doing. AND keep bugging her and telling her what a bad mom she is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deltra on 2007-09-15 08:46 ]</font>

Django
Apr 20, 2006, 11:43 PM
Rej's idea sounds good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif