PDA

View Full Version : arg

roygbiv
Mar 29, 2006, 05:59 PM
If I hear anything more about kingdom hearts I am going to rip someone's limbs off.

Wyndham
Mar 29, 2006, 06:02 PM
Kingdom Hearts is crap.

roygbiv
Mar 29, 2006, 06:03 PM
The very thought of it offends my the very core of my being.

Lusky
Mar 29, 2006, 09:40 PM
Hey I bought it for the final Fantasy refrences,,and sadly it delivered, but don't worry I eat up anything FinalFantasy related, OH yeah and I was feeling the same way about halo/halo2.

roygbiv
Mar 29, 2006, 09:49 PM
Did I mention that I want to make an extension to my house out of the spines of final fantasy fan boys?

Shattered_weasel
Mar 29, 2006, 10:17 PM
Did you know your name is the colors of the rainbow.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 29, 2006, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't mind a couch made of the hands of MMORPG players.... but I haven't got on to it.

roygbiv
Mar 29, 2006, 10:35 PM
On 2006-03-29 19:17, Shattered_weasel wrote:
Did you know your name is the colors of the rainbow.

Is that so unreasonable?

cherry
Mar 29, 2006, 11:27 PM
im pretty sure yourname is also a cheat on alien hominid

EJ
Mar 29, 2006, 11:29 PM
*points to his own sig*

o;

|
V

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2006-03-29 20:33 ]</font>

cherry
Mar 29, 2006, 11:32 PM
my sig ?
[url]http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/alienhominid/hints.html look here

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 30, 2006, 01:42 AM
Drown them out by talking about Hanna Barbera instead of Disney.

SO HOW BOUT THAT YOGI BEAR?!

He could totally kick Mickey's ass you fanboy.
From here, to your gummi ship, or wherever you're from!

Balthor
Mar 30, 2006, 02:00 AM
Square, and their fans suck.

EJ
Mar 30, 2006, 02:14 AM
So those carebears, yea, weren't they cute.

Stan
Mar 30, 2006, 02:38 AM
*sets EJ's robes on fire*

EJ
Mar 30, 2006, 05:59 AM
Well that's going to leave a mark. =.=

Tact
Mar 30, 2006, 06:09 AM
Just wear a Blaze/White Robe...aw, crap.

Outrider
Mar 30, 2006, 12:44 PM
Let me just say that I'm 100% sure everyone bashing Kingdom Hearts right now is a fan of at least one crappy game or series, and most likely more than one.

Stan
Mar 30, 2006, 12:56 PM
*sets outrider on fire*

roygbiv
Mar 30, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-03-30 09:44, Outrider wrote:
Let me just say that I'm 100% sure everyone bashing Kingdom Hearts right now is a fan of at least one crappy game or series, and most likely more than one.

I mean... besides PSO? I am actually troubled because I cannot think of anything as egregious as Kingdom Hearts that I would consider myself a fan of...

Well there is barbie horse adventure, but I am telling you it is classic!

BladeHUcast
Mar 30, 2006, 05:45 PM
hey Rainbow guy u have som prblems ya know tat.....ya hate KH and like Barbies....thats scary

Outrider
Mar 30, 2006, 06:33 PM
On 2006-03-30 13:13, roygbiv wrote:

I mean... besides PSO? I am actually troubled because I cannot think of anything as egregious as Kingdom Hearts that I would consider myself a fan of...

Well there is barbie horse adventure, but I am telling you it is classic!

I dunno - throw a few games at me. I'm sure we can pick out a Madden, Xenosaga, or SOCOM somewhere in there.

roygbiv
Mar 30, 2006, 07:16 PM
I mean... I play games rarely enough that I am usually pretty picky about what I play.

Currently the only game I am looking forward to is TES Oblivion.

I grew up playing the Old Ultima games, and so I have a very different view as to what makes a good RPG.

Ultima 6/7 + Underworld I would consider favorites.

Morrowind a favorite.

Currently playing Eve-online, it gets my approval.

Played WoW for a bit to see what it was all about. (not really a fan)

Last console game I played was Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. (it gets my approval)

Played Phantom brave before that and I have a whole rant of what I think is wrong with the game.
Though I certainly liked Disgaea.

Before that I was playing Morrowind and freelancer.

yadda yadda.

other games I would consider myself a fan of
Wing Commander Privateer,
Civilization 2,4.
Dungeon Keeper...

I consider myself a fan of these series:
Elder Scrolls, Shin Megami Tensei (from what I have played of it), Old School Ultima.

I mean there are only a couple of game types that I even like, Ultima and TES are essentially the same type of game. I.e. freeform sandbox RPGs

Wing Commander Privateer, Eve, and Freelancer are all essentially the same type of game except with varying levels of action. Sandbox space games...

Solstis
Mar 30, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-03-30 14:45, BladeHUcast wrote:
hey Rainbow guy u have som prblems ya know tat.....ya hate KH and like Barbies....thats scary

wat u sya? Hes gto a preblem?

Tact
Mar 30, 2006, 08:09 PM
Nope. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Daikarin
Mar 30, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-03-29 23:38, Stan wrote:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/kwik-e-simpsons/wallpapers/nelson-preview.gif

Wyndham
Mar 30, 2006, 08:28 PM
I am a fan of Sonic on the genesis, Megaman (X and Zero mostly), and Goemon.

DizzyDi
Mar 30, 2006, 08:30 PM
On 2006-03-30 15:33, Outrider wrote:

I dunno - throw a few games at me. I'm sure we can pick out a Madden, Xenosaga, or SOCOM somewhere in there.

Sheesh outrider what do you have against XS? At least the story isn't all about friendship and darkness and light. It actually has a lil more substance to it than the usual bland SE storytelling. Madden...Isn't a bad franchise btw. Theres a reason why its survived for so long against all the other NFL games that have tried to compete with it (BEFORE they got the exclusive NFL rights). SOCOM is another arguable one..

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 30, 2006, 09:14 PM

Hey, Gungrave 1 and uh Granstream Saga aren't THAT bad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Outrider
Mar 30, 2006, 09:31 PM
On 2006-03-30 16:16, roygbiv wrote:
Morrowind

Done.

On 2006-03-30 17:30, DizzyDi wrote:

Sheesh outrider what do you have against XS? At least the story isn't all about friendship and darkness and light. It actually has a lil more substance to it than the usual bland SE storytelling. Madden...Isn't a bad franchise btw. Theres a reason why its survived for so long against all the other NFL games that have tried to compete with it (BEFORE they got the exclusive NFL rights). SOCOM is another arguable one..

Xenosaga is a poorly conceived video game that should have just been a strict anime in the first place. It's got the same generic sci-fi plot (from what I've read and seen) as almost every other sci-fi PS2 RPG or anime. The battle system is faulty and the character design sucks for the most part.

Madden is series that has been rehashed since 93. I'm surprised I even have to go into that, but essentially anytime you have a game that comes out every year and receives only either a graphical upgrade or a gameplay upgrade, you have a problem. It sells on the fact that it's a football game, not on it's quality. It's a license, and licenses sell.

SOCOM's really just mediocre. Nothing too exceptional about it.

Really, these games aren't all that bad - they're all just mediocre. Sure, they're good at some things, but they aren't amazing. They've all got their own flaws.

EDIT: But y'know what? Roygbiv, you actually have pretty good taste in games. Cheers, my friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2006-03-30 18:41 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Mar 30, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-03-30 18:31, Outrider wrote:

On 2006-03-30 17:30, DizzyDi wrote:

Xenosaga is a poorly conceived video game that should have just been a strict anime in the first place. It's got the same generic sci-fi plot (from what I've read and seen) as almost every other sci-fi PS2 RPG or anime. The battle system is faulty and the character design sucks for the most part.

Madden is series that has been rehashed since 93. I'm surprised I even have to go into that, but essentially anytime you have a game that comes out every year and receives only either a graphical upgrade or a gameplay upgrade, you have a problem. It sells on the fact that it's a football game, not on it's quality. It's a license, and licenses sell.

SOCOM's really just mediocre. Nothing too exceptional about it.

Really, these games aren't all that bad - they're all just mediocre. Sure, they're good at some things, but they aren't amazing. They've all got their own flaws.

Gameplay upgrades are bad things now?

Have you played through XS in its entirety? Generic sci-fi plot? WHAAAAAAT? I'll give you a few things. YES it has giant mechs, YES theres an alien species bent on human destruction. They end about right there. Theres a lot more to the XS series than that though, trust me.

Outrider
Mar 30, 2006, 09:44 PM
On 2006-03-30 18:37, DizzyDi wrote:
Gameplay upgrades are bad things now?

Have you played through XS in its entirety? Generic sci-fi plot? WHAAAAAAT? I'll give you a few things. YES it has giant mechs, YES theres an alien species bent on human destruction. They end about right there. Theres a lot more to the XS series than that though, trust me.

You misunderstand. EA has put forth a policy where Madden gets a graphical upgrade one year and then a gameplay upgrade the next. That way, they can have two different teams working on two different versions of Madden at one time. It's their way of getting people to pay for less than a full game every year.

Xenosaga - Existentialist plot involving an ancient evil and science? Ancient artifacts of great power hidden for years? Tiny childlike characters that are able to succeed where others have failed?

Yeah, real original plot.

EDIT: And hey, I've played some games with terrible plots. If anything, it was the white bread gameplay that made me stop playing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2006-03-30 18:44 ]</font>

Solstis
Mar 31, 2006, 02:55 AM
So, XS adheres (to paraphrase the fabled Norman Chan of Hsu and Chan fame) to hippie (and awfully generic) Japanese philosophy? The sort of "are humans the real monsters?" or the "oh gawd, look what we did to the Earth/Universe, we deserve this blah blah!"?

Skorpius
Mar 31, 2006, 03:17 AM
I bet those who are bashing games they consider sucky are also fans of games that other people would consider sucky.

Outrider
Mar 31, 2006, 11:17 AM
On 2006-03-31 00:17, Skorpius wrote:
I bet those who are bashing games they consider sucky are also fans of games that other people would consider sucky.

That was kind of the point of my first post in the thread, Skorp.

Always glad to know you're keeping up!

BladeHUcast
Mar 31, 2006, 05:24 PM
i like chicken and im a fan of i dunno Guilty Gear (yea thats the game to play)and hmmmmm oh oh Tales of symphonia,Costom robo is good hmmmmm Zelda games are ok (migora mask looky funny) and hmmmmmmmm oh Metroid prime seres and Capcom VS MArvel,SNK and god a lot more shit!!!

(i dont play alot of video games ether....and im always bored oh and i forgot shadow the hedghog{GUNSSSS IN SONIC GAMES!!!!!WOOOOOOO})

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeHUcast on 2006-03-31 14:27 ]</font>

fumatanera
Mar 31, 2006, 05:52 PM
On 2006-03-30 16:16, roygbiv wrote:
I mean... I play games rarely enough that I am usually pretty picky about what I play.

Currently the only game I am looking forward to is TES Oblivion.

I grew up playing the Old Ultima games, and so I have a very different view as to what makes a good RPG.

Ultima 6/7 + Underworld I would consider favorites.

Morrowind a favorite.

Currently playing Eve-online, it gets my approval.

Played WoW for a bit to see what it was all about. (not really a fan)

Last console game I played was Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. (it gets my approval)

Played Phantom brave before that and I have a whole rant of what I think is wrong with the game.
Though I certainly liked Disgaea.

Before that I was playing Morrowind and freelancer.

yadda yadda.

other games I would consider myself a fan of
Wing Commander Privateer,
Civilization 2,4.
Dungeon Keeper...

I consider myself a fan of these series:
Elder Scrolls, Shin Megami Tensei (from what I have played of it), Old School Ultima.

I mean there are only a couple of game types that I even like, Ultima and TES are essentially the same type of game. I.e. freeform sandbox RPGs

Wing Commander Privateer, Eve, and Freelancer are all essentially the same type of game except with varying levels of action. Sandbox space games...

most egregious list ever....

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 31, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-03-31 14:52, fumatanera wrote:

Which you didn't have to repost by quoting the entire thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

roygbiv
Mar 31, 2006, 08:16 PM
On 2006-03-31 14:52, fumatanera wrote:

What parts do you find egregious?

DizzyDi
Mar 31, 2006, 09:08 PM
I just think that egregious was on his word of the day calender and he wanted to pop that word into a sentence before the day was up.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 1, 2006, 01:08 AM
On 2006-03-31 18:08, DizzyDi wrote:
I just think that egregious was on his word of the day calender and he wanted to pop that word into a sentence before the day was up.

Yeah, it just sounds cool and there was no rebuttal, explanation, or given list of their acceptable games!

HOO HAH

BladeHUcast
Apr 1, 2006, 11:04 AM
lol old style RPG kinda good kinda bad....If u like dungons n' Dragons...or to direct rpgs trin to be something different but its the same http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 1, 2006, 11:21 AM
On 2006-03-30 17:26, Daikarin wrote:

On 2006-03-29 23:38, Stan wrote:

http://www.montclairrobotics.org/pics/Oh%20Noes!!!1.jpg

Outrider
Apr 1, 2006, 02:52 PM
http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~gcashma1/ohnoes.jpg

?

DizzyDi
Apr 1, 2006, 03:06 PM