PDA

View Full Version : Joining random Parties?

Kimil
Mar 31, 2006, 08:49 PM
In PSU, this concentration on missions sparks a question... Will we be able to join random parties like in PSO? You know, click the lobby counter, scroll down the list and join a game with ppl in it you don't know? Or will you all have to enter a room at the same time? Since there's emphysis on creating a party in the cities and the missions, it makes it seem like you can't just make a game and let ppl join as you level up. That would be stupid...

EDIT: Post edited for lanugage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-03-31 18:58 ]</font>

Ryna
Mar 31, 2006, 09:59 PM
There is a good chance you will be able to join random parties. However, no one can say that for a certainty right now. The only team-creation mechanics we've seen so far is for creating a mission-based game.

therealAERO
Apr 1, 2006, 09:56 AM
I don't think Sega is thinking of taking away from the PSO aspect. This isn't Nintendo. Sega doesn't feel meeting strangers is such a big deal. And if PSO were to come out for DS or REVOLUTION I can guarantee Sega would be all like "Friend codes...F that"

A2K
Apr 1, 2006, 06:36 PM
It's possible you could be able to join missions in-progress, like most of the Governor-General and Lab Quests in PSO Blue Burst.

Also, the whole 100 players in the lobby setup should make it pretty easy to mix with a bunch of different people... it might not be all that difficult to get a party going. It seems a lot of PSO playing revolves around doing quests as it stands, anyway...

ANIMEniac
Apr 2, 2006, 02:11 AM
i also wonder if you can repeat missions OVER and OVER and OVER. im definately not saying its a bad thing, but that was one factor that contributed to Meseta being worthless, other than charge ammo. i think that they caught on a lottle late when they put out max attack (only 500 meseta per run). but also i think it would be apropriate to have some quests joinable in mid game, that is if PSU dosent go Guild Wars on us and make us make a party before hand.