PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to the genius behind bananas

CupOfCoffee
Apr 3, 2006, 11:29 PM
Dear sir or madam,

I would just like offer you a pat on the back and my eternal gratitude for creating the tasty treat known as bananas. For a fruit, they're really quite delicious. Most fruit is all liquidy and getty-on-your-handsy and sticky, but not bananas. They're all the sweetness with none of the cleanup. Of course, the peel can occasionally make a nuisance of itself, but this is a negligable point at best.

Additionally, bananas are boomerang shaped, and I think this is amusing. In spite of this, of all the fruits, bananas are probably the most awkward to throw. This too tickles my funnybone. I wonder, have you ever considered creating different colored bananas?

Banana candy is also very good. In Runts, the bananas are easily the best and always make worth it the the 25 cent purchase of a handful of candy that will mostly get thrown away--all except the bananas, and sometimes the pink ones.

So, in short, thanks. I plan to eat more bananas tomorrow.

- Jack
AKA CupOfCoffee

Skorpius
Apr 3, 2006, 11:40 PM
I think you're looking for Mother Nature. >_>

CupOfCoffee
Apr 3, 2006, 11:40 PM
Madam, then.

navci
Apr 3, 2006, 11:42 PM
And bananas actually is quite filling too! Add a banana to a smoothy and it is all nice and thick and filling. Mmm MMM!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2006, 12:20 AM
OMNKY? (http://www.robertbermangallery.com/sept2003/english/images/monkey-with-dandy-bananna-.jpg)

Also that site has another painting of a naked Charlie brown having a picnic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Skorpius
Apr 4, 2006, 12:30 AM
Oh Navi, you tease.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 4, 2006, 12:35 AM
On 2006-04-03 22:30, Skorpius wrote:
Oh Navi, you tease.

I don't see anything teasing about putting a banana in a blender and pureeing it 10 ways from Sunday, for possibly use in a sundae/milkshake.

Unless that's your thing. *GIANT disapprove here*

Tact
Apr 4, 2006, 05:14 AM
They could also be bribing the admins or something... >_>

roygbiv
Apr 4, 2006, 04:47 PM
I open my banana like a monkey according to some people. That is all I have to say about bananas.

*sits back down*