PDA

View Full Version : to the DMF that hit my Truck

Saraphim
Apr 4, 2006, 12:20 AM
I hope you rot in hell. You rear-ended me, and some how managed to get your POS car started again and sped off. I am left with a 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab in need of $2,500 worth of repairs.

Yes, all I will pay is my $500 deductable. The police are incompetent, or is it impotent (I suppose both apply), as I was told that most likely they will never find this guy. I wonder if they will ever start looking.

I WAS going to put in a nice stereo, but now I guess not.

God help the the a**h*** if I find him. I will be watching for a white late 90's Caprice (cop lookin car) with some front end damage. If I see you, I have a 9mm round with your name on it...

*takes a deep breath and exhales*
Much better now, had to vent somewhere- and my better half has heard enough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Just had to get it out...

Eihwaz
Apr 4, 2006, 12:37 AM
Shooting someone over a car is stupid.

That being said...if you DO find the guy, you have every right to make him pay for the damage he caused to your car.

Sharkyland
Apr 4, 2006, 08:01 AM
Not only that... he will face charges of 'hit & run'

Dreadlock
Apr 4, 2006, 06:52 PM
Ridiculous. This shit stain of a person was not man or civilized enough to at least leave a note of apology and/or insurance and contact information? It's these kinds of people (most probably some kid, some underage or illegal driver) that make society stoop to a low level. I've been in that situation. Whoever did it to you was scared and decided to run for it. No respect, some people.

Saraphim
Apr 4, 2006, 08:24 PM
On 2006-04-04 16:52, Dreadlock wrote:
Ridiculous. This shit stain of a person was not man or civilized enough to at least leave a note of apology and/or insurance and contact information? It's these kinds of people (most probably some kid, some underage or illegal driver) that make society stoop to a low level. I've been in that situation. Whoever did it to you was scared and decided to run for it. No respect, some people.

Most likely that is the case. I'm much better now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But people like that are why insurance premiums are so high. Seriously though, life is a circle, what goes around comes around. That guy will get his, it's just a matter of time.

And to Eihwaz, I wasn't seriously gonna do anything to him, I was just venting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eihwaz
Apr 4, 2006, 08:37 PM
Good. You can never be sure of people's anger over the internet. *thinks about the infamous Cloudsong YTMND* >_>;

Daikarin
Apr 5, 2006, 06:45 AM
A truck driver was driving along on the freeway. A sign comes up that reads, "Low Bridge Ahead." Before he knows it,the bridge is right ahead of him and he gets stuck under the bridge. Cars are backed up for miles. Finally, a police car comes up. The cop gets out of his car and walks to the truck driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, "Got stuck, huh?" The truck driver says, "No, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas."

No, I didn't offer any helpful advice. But at least I hope it made you laugh.

AzureBlaze
Apr 6, 2006, 12:53 AM
I had the same thing happen to me...almost.
Only it cost me my entire car. It was parked (legally) on a 4+ lane residental street with NOTHING on the street but my car 4inch from the curb. Some buttmonkey in a jeep mini-suv thing was watching the kids play basketball (duuur in a driveway so riveting!) and slammed into the back-corner. Took out the gate, tail light, mini-window and prevented 1 door from ever opening. Pushed the thing 6ft foreward too. They never even TRIED to brake.

They didn't hit-n-run, but insurance gave me 1,200 to fix 5,000 worth of repairs. The cops gave them a ticket, and they got their rates raised and their plastic bumper glued back on. I had to drop 7grand on a new car cause they made mine illegal to drive and I couldn't fix it.

Even though they escaped (for now) it may be vaguely less irritating for you to know that insurance isn't all it's kracked up to be, and doesn't always help as it should, even if it's not you paying for it and the rule is 100% in your favor. The situation is extremely frusterating, as well I know.

Saraphim
Apr 6, 2006, 07:52 PM
On 2006-04-05 22:53, AzureBlaze wrote:
I had the same thing happen to me...almost.
Only it cost me my entire car. It was parked (legally) on a 4+ lane residental street with NOTHING on the street but my car 4inch from the curb. Some buttmonkey in a jeep mini-suv thing was watching the kids play basketball (duuur in a driveway so riveting!) and slammed into the back-corner. Took out the gate, tail light, mini-window and prevented 1 door from ever opening. Pushed the thing 6ft foreward too. They never even TRIED to brake.

They didn't hit-n-run, but insurance gave me 1,200 to fix 5,000 worth of repairs. The cops gave them a ticket, and they got their rates raised and their plastic bumper glued back on. I had to drop 7grand on a new car cause they made mine illegal to drive and I couldn't fix it.

Even though they escaped (for now) it may be vaguely less irritating for you to know that insurance isn't all it's kracked up to be, and doesn't always help as it should, even if it's not you paying for it and the rule is 100% in your favor. The situation is extremely frusterating, as well I know.

Insurance is a scam for the most part. This is my second new car to have major damage because some one else was being an idiot (the first one was talking on the cell phone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

I'm 32, so I have had my dealings with insurance companies. I have also had my dealing with DMF's that hit me. I just can't believe that some people are this stupid, to do stuff like this and drive away.

I could have been hurt, or worse yet had the kids in the back! I'm just glad I will get it fixed.