PDA

View Full Version : Can I use my GC controller?

Bot-Bot
Apr 4, 2006, 07:55 PM
I own a USB GC controller adapter, and I was wondering if I would be able to use that with PSU... but, it's information is on a floppy disk (I got it a while ago >.>) and was wondering if it would still work for PSU?

Ryna
Apr 4, 2006, 07:58 PM
It sounds like you are referring to the driver for the adapter. As long as it is installed, you should be able to use it with PSU.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 4, 2006, 08:05 PM
worst case, Joy2Key

OdinTyler
Apr 4, 2006, 10:10 PM
I don't know if I'd recommend a GC controller for PSU. Given the version I played (PS2), the controls involve certain combos of holding 1 button & pressing another. It's not just a 1 button push anymore. PC users can always use custom key configs so thats not a prob. You may want to invest in a PS2 or PS2-like PC controller.

Bot-Bot
Apr 4, 2006, 10:34 PM
On 2006-04-04 20:10, OdinTyler wrote:
I don't know if I'd recommend a GC controller for PSU. Given the version I played (PS2), the controls involve certain combos of holding 1 button & pressing another. It's not just a 1 button push anymore. PC users can always use custom key configs so thats not a prob. You may want to invest in a PS2 or PS2-like PC controller.

Sounds like I might need to... so would you happen to have any suggestions as of brands?

OdinTyler
Apr 4, 2006, 10:40 PM
I don't know of any offhand. Maybe some others here would. If it's possible to use a PS2 controller on your PC, you could try that. If not, then, you should use a PS2-type controller for PC. But again, you'd have to ask others here as I wouldn't know. I will tell you: STAY AWAY FROM INTERACT. Never...ever...EVER buy products from them. Trust me!

DarK-SuN
Apr 5, 2006, 09:08 AM
The PS2 -> PC adapters from maDrics are very good, I have one myself and it works like a wonder (I have the Superbox 3 Pro from them, which allows for two PS2 controllers to be connected).
Alternatively, an Xbox USB adapter or an Xbox 360 controller will also work, since it's similar enough to the PS2 controller in terms of number of buttons, having two analog sticks and one digital directional pad.

Sev
Apr 5, 2006, 11:36 AM
I got mine at Radioshack for 10 bucks. Currently I just use the adaptper for PSO. Didn't think it would work at first, but it worked fine. And I thought getting a Floppy on my new computer would've been useless.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 5, 2006, 11:49 AM
I grabbed the USB adapter off my redoctane DDR pad and use that to connect my Xbox controller to my pc. use XBCD for your drivers if you use that connector.

butzopower
Apr 11, 2006, 08:32 PM
I just picked up one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-IN-1-PC-JOYBOX-SATURN-PS2-DC-CON-USB-CABLE-ADAPTER_W0QQitemZ8275094607QQcategoryZ41059QQssPag eNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll tell you guys how it is once I get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: butzopower on 2006-04-12 10:40 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Apr 11, 2006, 09:11 PM
From what I understand there are a number of Logitech controllers that are nearly identical to the PS2 controller. I would think one would work fine as well.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/US/EN,crid=2216,categoryid=429

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norvekh on 2006-04-11 19:11 ]</font>

Zelutos
Apr 12, 2006, 03:17 AM
Why would a gamecube controller work with the controls given? Er....well i guess you can always configure the buttons in game to match the ones on the controller.....*shuts up*

BogusKun
Apr 12, 2006, 03:29 AM
Best results with a PS2 USB adapter and controller.

Sev
Apr 12, 2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, you should go with the PS2 to USB adapter. It's the controller that's easiest to get used to... Some of those other controllers suck really bad... You at least know that you can get a functioning PS2 controller just about anywhere. And it's not hard to get used to of course. The choice is your's though.

butzopower
Apr 12, 2006, 12:38 PM
If you can live without the R2 and L2 buttons, I'd totally use something like my NiGHTS controller or the DC controller and go totally old school on PSU and yell about how it's the real PSO2 and pretend to symbol chat and talk about how awesome propellor arena and DC2 are going to be...

Jools
Apr 14, 2006, 03:50 AM
I really don't like the PS2 controller, is there any way to use the GC controller on PS2? That would make my day.

-Jools