PDA

View Full Version : 10/24/06 PSU will be released!?

xenokai
Apr 4, 2006, 10:12 PM
This is the latest date ive seen updated and the ps2 ver seems to have had a release date change sound more real then june.... http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=default&searchtype=quicksearch&searchcount=12&Keyword=phantasy+star+universe&platform=0&find.x=37&find.y=9

Ryna
Apr 4, 2006, 10:13 PM
The rumors for a June release only apply to Japan. The game is set to be released in the US sometime during the fall.

maoZedong
Apr 4, 2006, 10:18 PM
B
S

...I'm pretty sure we're all screwed...j/k

yeah for the love of GOD..."fall"...not soon enough, nor accurate (precise w/e what's the f---ing difference) enough...but, gamestop doesn't seem like they know anymore than us and never will...

some of the game sites still have really old release dates...<--teh ***

EDIT: Post edited for language.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-04 20:19 ]</font>

Ryna
Apr 4, 2006, 10:20 PM
As I've said in many other threads, you should probably only believe the official dates given out by Sega. There are too many conflicting dates if you try to use the dates off online gaming stores.

coomdoom
Apr 5, 2006, 04:20 PM
i'm hoping they give a precist release date for JP UK/EU and US at the thing that is happening on the 6th. Also if you think about it, they are doing a beta for a stress test and minor bugs to be ironed out, this has got to mean they will release sometime soon. Because it is only minor bugs being ironed out and little additions. I am probablly babbling on now, i'm going to bed, bye

BORBAN
Apr 5, 2006, 04:53 PM
Holy crap! Every time I hear the words release date it gets knocked back 3 months.
Gimme a break man. I really hope this is the final release date. They're gonna pass my birthday if they go much further.
I might as well forget about it until they get a real release date and then remember when it's actually close.

BORBAN
Apr 5, 2006, 04:54 PM
It'd be really cool if they would add in multiplayer while they're busy wasting time.

Kayai
Apr 5, 2006, 08:14 PM
They contradict themselves! PC version says 6/1/06 and PS2 says 10/24/06....if they were correct then the PS2 and PC are not gonna release at the same time which we know they will, therefore i can conclude that there info is false

DizzyDi
Apr 5, 2006, 08:17 PM
PSU wouldn't be the first game to release the PC version before the PS2. FFXI did the same thing, so don't write it off just yet.

voxie
Apr 5, 2006, 09:33 PM
Hmm... us here in Europe probably won't get it until Q1 2007 then..? :/

OdinTyler
Apr 5, 2006, 10:16 PM
PS has it's roots in console gaming. ST knows this. Most likely, if any version would come out first, it would be a console version. Maybe ST feels it's easier to beta test on PC as more ppl have a PC than have a PS2 (or any particular console). They have a better selection to choose from & get a more optimum feedback. This doesn't mean the PS2 or PC versions will be released independently. They may still yet be released simultaneously. Given all the disappointing news of delays we've had, it would behoove ST to have a simul release.

physic
Apr 6, 2006, 12:24 AM
they would probably release it simultaneous, but in this case i think pc has teh preference, its the one they can patch and correct easily, as well as distribute without mailing didvs to everyone. not to mention ps2s have many problems in teh hardware for internet, makes it harder to tell whats wrong. the ps2s lack of hdd means they will probably want to polish teh game on pc which gives you full acess to teh client and the server. Also i think game developers in japan may be leaning away from teh diehard console support. the pc and mobile pc market is much cheaper to get into, requring less development and less tailoring to consoles hardware, as well as distribution being easier.

OdinTyler
Apr 6, 2006, 09:39 AM
Not true. EQOA has a long run going on PS2 without a HD or an equal PC version (the PC versions being separate games that take place 500 & 1000 years after the PS2 version). If the 2 systems are going to function together, they have to be worked on together. To not support 1 is to ruin support for both. Why allow cross-platform playing if you don't intend full support for both? It's already been said that patches will be regular for both (the PS2's being saved direct to the memory card). Also, keep in mind that the PS2 (being a Sony system) will have ST running through them to ensure connections. If EQOA has lasted all these years on PS2, PSU can also (& I'm loving what PSU is unfolding as).

physic
Apr 6, 2006, 12:41 PM
but eqoa was made based on their old system when the original game had been out for like many years. They can afford to hardcode data for that because thiers not really much new in the game. If your making a game now, you want to be able to alter both sides as bugs come up. Essentially ST has a better chance of making a bugless pso than psu, and even in that the failed (GC came out like 2? 3? years after initial)

Yummi
Apr 6, 2006, 01:41 PM
EQOA is hardly comparible to psu with any factor. The fact EQOA graphics possibly couldve run on psone says it all. Looks like they made that game in ms paint.

Sev
Apr 6, 2006, 02:19 PM
Actually it took a good few months before people started to find bugs. There's always a period of error free PSO before errors start to arise. With that said, it's impossible to make a bugless game. Period.

They won't have a problem keeping the game updated, I'm not really worried about it. Yes, PSU is a bigger game, but that doesn't really matter at all. I'm the type to just have faith, that the games gonna work out fine and that they know what they're doing. If I thought otherwise, why should I even bother getting excited about a game I think will get screwed up? Kinda ridiculous when you think about it.

The game will come out when it does, wait for Sega to say something as everyone says. Because everyone else is just guessing at it.

BORBAN
Apr 6, 2006, 03:13 PM
Man this better be the right release date cause chances are if it's not then it going to be later. However I'm all for it coming out sooner. Though I'd rather wait and have multiplayer.

Sev
Apr 6, 2006, 03:58 PM
I brought this up before... But just how long does it take to get the lines in English and how long will it take to translate menus and such? That's all that will determine it at this point correct? Unless some huge problem arises with the server around the time they're going to release here and they wanna patch that up first, the date shouldn't get any later.

Other then that, like I said, I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to get the dialogue in there. Shining Force Neo did a pretty good job of having it, though some of the voices were annoying, they weren't poor actors. Just gotta hope that all they need to do is get it into the different languages it will be used for. How do they plan to do it for the European realease though? Different actors for different languages and such? That would probably take the longest out of everything else.

OdinTyler
Apr 6, 2006, 05:19 PM
Um, if you know anything about EQOA, you'd know its different from the PC versions. Totally different systems & play mechanics. Also, the PS2 (not PS1 version as there is NO PS1 version) has a different timeline, thus, explaining why it looks different. True, its an old game & some of it looks aged. However, if you play the game long enough, you see some truly amazing things even by today's standards. That being said, I will reemphasize that PS is originally a console game & thus, the PS2 & PC versions wont be that much different. The differences mostly being controls & the PC's higher resolution. As for completion, the game's done. It's a matter of network-related stuff as the beta's been announced. Good sign for once! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BORBAN
Apr 6, 2006, 06:38 PM
they better be done. maybe they'll add multiplayer on the 360 if they decide to put it on that system.

GaijinPUnch
Apr 13, 2006, 12:32 AM
Not that it's the real date or anything, but Amazon Japan has updated their product page for PS2 and PC versions, to 2007/01/01. see (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=110514&forum=20&19)

OdinTyler
Apr 13, 2006, 08:12 AM
There is NO multiplayer. Please pay attention. Offline is a standard game where you get party members to aid you. It nullifies the possibility of multiplayer. The only multiplayer mode is online, same as before, only now its 6 ppl instead of 4. The game is done, it's translated, & they wont be adding new modes. Just the fact that a beta was announced is proof of that. Its all a matter of working out bugs & such.

LocWolf
Apr 13, 2006, 08:29 AM
Well if the game is done, then hopefully a June release will be possible, or at least some time before October.

scott1114
Apr 13, 2006, 09:33 AM
as long as it,s before 2007, I won't care

OdinTyler
Apr 13, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-04-13 06:29, LocWolf wrote:
Well if the game is done, then hopefully a June release will be possible, or at least some time before October.

Are you kidding me? The beta test REGISTRATION runs til April 17. That means the test won't officially start til late April or afterward. The beta test will naturally go for awhile before the JP version is released. Then, it's always a waiting game for any other versions. In other words, June is NOT happening. Fall (like October) is more than likely.

Holmes
Apr 13, 2006, 11:57 AM
By the time they release this the PS3 will be either released or close to released.

maoZedong
Apr 13, 2006, 06:41 PM
yeah!...then they can get money off the PS2 game and then more money when they enhance it for PS3...now I bet they are just trying to finish it for PS2!!!...it's been long enough...

GaijinPUnch
Apr 14, 2006, 06:30 PM
The beta test will naturally go for awhile before the JP version is released.

DC Version 1 beta tests was a week or two before release. BB beta tests for Japan went for only two weeks before it was released as well. I don't think that's the case this time, but anything is possible.

googles
Apr 14, 2006, 10:35 PM
On 2006-04-06 11:41, Yummi wrote:
EQOA is hardly comparible to psu with any factor. The fact EQOA graphics possibly couldve run on psone says it all. Looks like they made that game in ms paint.

I played EQOA and i thought it was a good game. Graphics dont make the game, gameplay does.

OdinTyler
Apr 15, 2006, 12:03 AM
Thank you, Googles. Besides, if you played the game a good while (as I had), you'll remember that there's some impressive stuff in that game. Of course, it's high end content not easy to get to. LOL Gameplay is always what makes the game fun. However, if I could get some background & environments that just make me sit back & go "WOW!" I know it's a game worth playing. PSO & EQOA have done that. I can only imagine what PSU will be like! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

StarLionsX
Apr 15, 2006, 12:28 AM
Hurry up PSU!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-04-14 22:32 ]</font>