PDA

View Full Version : Resta is in very short supply?

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 5, 2006, 07:12 AM
I was thinking about the scene where Ethan gets knocked off his hoverboard, and the way Ethan acted so surprised makes it seem like he had never seen Resta before. Does this mean that Resta is very rare? Or has Ethan just simply never been injured before? (I doubt the second very much)

Ryna
Apr 5, 2006, 07:26 AM
On 2006-04-05 05:12, Jonathan_F wrote:
I was thinking about the scene where Ethan gets knocked off his hoverboard, and the way Ethan acted so surprised makes it seem like he had never seen Resta before. Does this mean that Resta is very rare? Or has Ethan just simply never been injured before? (I doubt the second very much)

Another question that needs answered is, does Ethan know how to use technics at the start of the game?

OdinTyler
Apr 5, 2006, 08:38 AM
He probably doesn't. The demo starts where the chars in your group are all around Lv15. It's just a taste of the game but perhaps he learns techs as he grows. Also, the only techs he can use are on the weps he's carrying. It's probable that he starts out with no tech experience whatsoever.

ShinMaruku
Apr 5, 2006, 11:33 AM
I think it's all a result of Ethan being a twit.

lostinseganet
Apr 5, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-04-05 05:12, Jonathan_F wrote:

In psu tech are combined with weapons to do them. The girl used a tech without a weapon that probally is what surprised him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lostinseganet on 2006-04-05 10:55 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Apr 5, 2006, 03:00 PM
If you had a fractured leg, wouldn't you be surprised if someone healed it in less than a second?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RadicalEd
Apr 5, 2006, 03:13 PM
maybe its a hunters-only thing or "gaurdians" because they practice it ... and people of the residential area dont know too much bout it

Sinue_v2
Apr 6, 2006, 03:20 AM
Muriel wasn't a Guardian though... she was from the C.O.G.

I would assume that Techs are fairly common in PSU - since Numan are renound for their Tech usage - and Karen is somewhat of an outcast because of her lack of techniques. The reason why Ethan was surprised is probably because, as Maruku said, he's a twit.

A2K
Apr 6, 2006, 04:53 AM
I think there might be a difference between general Resta everyone can use and being able to focus in on and heal a broken leg in seconds.

Or not. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

OdinTyler
Apr 6, 2006, 09:34 AM
I still believe that Ethan's a rookie & that's why he's surprised by Resta. In one part of a video, he was training with the old man cast (don't know his name). At first I thought he was fighting against him & I realized that he was in fact training with him. Ethan really could be that raw & he has to learn such necessary skills as combat training & techs. As he progresses, he will learn about both.

_Tek_
Apr 6, 2006, 03:12 PM
plus it seems newmans are the experts on magic, and the humans aren't.

So its pretty possible ethan's never seen much of that on his home world.

OdinTyler
Apr 6, 2006, 05:22 PM
True. Newmen are expected to be experts in tech usage. The fact that Karen isn't makes her stand out. However, she's more than likely to be very capable in melee combat & I'm sure she'll gain respect for what she's able to do. She's smart...following in the footsteps of a very famous melee Numan (Nei). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

A2K
Apr 10, 2006, 04:26 AM
As Ethan's teacher she kind of has an Alys-like quality to her, too.

OdinTyler
Apr 10, 2006, 10:52 AM
Idk if she would officially be his teacher. Doesn't mean Ethan can't learn anything from her. From the vids I've seen, Ethan's real teacher is that old man (who I didn't originally realize was a cast). If someone could get me his name, that would help. LOL

EspioKaos
Apr 12, 2006, 01:18 PM
On 2006-04-10 08:52, OdinTyler wrote:
From the vids I've seen, Ethan's real teacher is that old man (who I didn't originally realize was a cast). If someone could get me his name, that would help. LOL
Lucaim Nav.

OdinTyler
Apr 12, 2006, 02:01 PM
OK thanks. Well then I'll just refer to him as Nav (til we get the US's name, whatever that might be).