PDA

View Full Version : A bigger wrong doesn't make your wrong right.

Saiffy
Apr 5, 2006, 01:22 PM
Maybe it has to do with attitudes, but a lot of people I know seem to think that because of a few of my screwups, that were really bad, it completely entitles them to be as huge a screw up as they want, so long as it's not as bad as my mistakes.

Two wrongs don't make a right, so why go for a second wrong? Or a third? Or a fourth? I see people doing that a lot.

My brother for example doesn't like to be annoyed(Or anyone in my family for that matter, and they get mad quickly). So I take advantage of that, and annoy them. THey shout, I know I went too far. But then they go out of there way to annoy me(Which takes a lot more effort than what I do to them, btw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif). And if I get mad, it's me being pissy and they didn't do anything wrong. A very bad example of what I mean, but I couldn't think of anything much better without going into huge detail.

Eye for an eye is stupid. I think we all know why.

I hope people get what I mean, and don't assume what I don't >_>(Yeah fucking right)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 5, 2006, 01:57 PM
You don't fight fire with fire.

You fight fire with run away and get help stupid! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

That or learn to avoid the conflict and/or resolve it.

As for actions and reactions, well you're no doubt expecting some reaction to your bothersome ways in the example. So don't be naive to the consequences and take a step back sometimes to think it over before it gets out of hand.

Live and learn, we're all human.
-
By the way, annoying people who don't want to be annoyed then blowing up when they annoy back?

You're like my older brother, who is the king of the jerk hill!

No wonder we're natural enemies! I'll get you later, LATER!

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2006, 01:58 PM
People seem to think that treating me like shit is justified by the way they perceive my posts on the forums.
"You're an asshole because of how you post! We're not going to give you the same basic human respect we give to anyone else because of that."

That kind of logic is completely ridiculous and very narrowminded. It's astounding how some people can hold that sort of thinking and still make it through life.

Saiffy
Apr 5, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-04-05 11:57, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
By the way, annoying people who don't want to be annoyed then blowing up when they annoy back?

It'll probably sound like I'm gloating, but my dad, brother and sister get mad really easilly, hence why I annoy then(And basic family psychology says middle childs are like this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif). I don't get mad so easilly, so if anything they're doing worse for trying harder to annoy me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif But that example was hardly what I meant.

Skorp got it spot on ;o

Night_Raid
Apr 5, 2006, 03:05 PM
my, my, isn't this interesting, annoying others and not expecting a reaction? its simple, dont piss ohters off and they wont get back at you, vengeance isnt that difficult to understand....... eye for an eye isn't what one would call narrow minded...... its more of common sense! if someone wrongs you, one is more than entitled to justice, take the courts of today for example, (not the ridiculous lawsuits you see today though) ,but why in the hell would we even have court if "eye for an eye is stupid"? those who believe in "forgive and let live" are nothing more than door mats.

Saiffy
Apr 5, 2006, 03:32 PM
You're stupid, and clearly don't understand the point. Go away.

And to be nicer about it, I put the last line in there for a reason. I'll quote it, come'on, you can do it

I hope people get what I mean, and don't assume what I don't >_>(Yeah fucking right)
So thanks for proving me right that someone would assume, you just made an ass out of u, but not me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm not very nice today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-04-05 13:57 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 5, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-04-05 13:32, Saiffy wrote:
I'm not very nice today.

But you can still lay off the siblings a bit with your constant tomfoolery, especially on your birthday. Damn. >_o

Eihwaz
Apr 5, 2006, 06:11 PM
On 2006-04-05 13:05, Night_Raid wrote:
my, my, isn't this interesting, annoying others and not expecting a reaction? its simple, dont piss ohters off and they wont get back at you, vengeance isnt that difficult to understand....... eye for an eye isn't what one would call narrow minded...... its more of common sense! if someone wrongs you, one is more than entitled to justice, take the courts of today for example, (not the ridiculous lawsuits you see today though) ,but why in the hell would we even have court if "eye for an eye is stupid"? those who believe in "forgive and let live" are nothing more than door mats.

You're confusing revenge and justice. They are not the same thing.

Solstis
Apr 5, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-04-05 11:58, Skorpius wrote:
People seem to think that treating me like shit is justified by the way they perceive my posts on the forums.
"You're an asshole because of how you post! We're not going to give you the same basic human respect we give to anyone else because of that."

That kind of logic is completely ridiculous and very narrowminded. It's astounding how some people can hold that sort of thinking and still make it through life.

Perception, to most Humans at least, is reality. If a person gives off every indication that they are a jerk (whether online or off), people tend to be a tad biased. I have altered my perception of Skorp off of a few PMs that we exchanged, but Skorp, can't expect people to know who you really are if you don't let them see.

As for Saiff, er... yeah. I do that all the time, but it is kinda stupid to bully/pester family members/friends around for fun.

those who believe in "forgive and let live" are nothing more than door mats.

Or exceptionally patient people that probably deserve a pat on the back/raise/shot in the back (if, say, you're the British and Hitler is invading the Czechs).

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-04-05 17:49, Solstis wrote:
but Skorp, can't expect people to know who you really are if you don't let them see.

I give everyone a chance to prove to me, personally, who they are and I give them many chances if they did something bad. Just because someone thinks I'm a jerk doesn't quite give them the right to wave that basic human decency to get to know someone in alternate settings and get to know them personally before judging them completely. I would definately like others to see how I am on that level, but most people have already pre-judged me, and aren't swayed by any sort of positive actions I do. By judging me negatively based off of internet forums, they only focus on the negative things that aren't always there (since they search them out) and that in itself makes them the bigger jerk than what they claim I am/was.

Saiff's topic here is about that basic rule of respect and decency. The Golden Rule, as we're taught, is to treat others the way we would wish to be treated. That doesn't mean go out and hurt people if you think they're an asshole, because HEY! You're being an asshole too! No, you treat them with the respect that you want in return, which is exactly what I do on a personal level.

Although, Saiff was acting like a total ass, and probably deserved what he got. ;P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-04-05 20:24 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Apr 6, 2006, 01:44 PM
Only reason I can think of why some considered you a jerk is you sometimes express your opinions in a brutally honest way when it was or wasn't necessary.

I personally have no problems with you and think you're quite a cool dude. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-04-06 11:45 ]</font>

Dreadlock
Apr 7, 2006, 01:04 PM
"But..but..I didn't do no wrongs.."

"..Yes sirs and mams."

-goes to sit in a corner-
http://www.smart.net/~hymowitz/bja/corner.jpg

Seriously though. All through our lives most of us have been told these things. "Two wrongs don't make a right." Makes us want to rebel. Vengeance and wrong doing, anger and hate exists because we are human. Social and emotional creatures. Weak, to tell you the truth.

LadyRedComet
Apr 7, 2006, 01:05 PM
I hate to "pick on" someone else, but Skorp, you get treated like an asshole because you act like an asshole and give us (us being the generic masses that "hate" you) no reason to think you're anything but an asshole. For example, you treat me as if I am not myself, but am merely a part or extension of someone else (someone that you don't like, which somehow entitles you to take it out on me, since I'm obviously her and not a separate individual), so how can you expect me, or anyone else, to treat you as a decent human being, much less someone I should be courteous and respectful toward? And what right do you have, knowing you have done this, knowing you believe this kind of bullshit, to come to this thread and complain about the way people treat you? At the very least you're granted the status of "human being," which is more than a lot of people - you included - give me. Fair? Probably not, but you reap what you sow. See, you can change the way you act. You can't change how you were born, or who you're related to. It's something to think about, anyway.

Back on topic, I agree somewhat with the op on this subject. It is annoying as hell when someone does that to you, but think about it. You went out of your way to annoy them in the first place. I think a little revenge is justified. I know if someone went out of their way to make me mad or annoy me, I'd find something to do to make them annoyed/angry/what have you in return. If you can't take it, don't dish it out, as I have a bad habit of saying.

Saiffy
Apr 7, 2006, 01:10 PM
If you killed my mom, I wouldn't go and kill yours(Everyone else is allowed to blow stuff out of proportion). I could go and quote some anime cliche, but I think this does enough to make the point that revenge is stupid.

Ok, lets stop pretending we know how my family works, ok? ;o Cause I couldn't possibly fit everything that leads me to be a total ass like that in one paragraph, much less anything less than 50000 words.

Edit: And I was being modest, I don't get pissed off for being bugged, and often go along with it. I wasn't bitching that they were trying to bug me, or anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-04-07 11:13 ]</font>

LadyRedComet
Apr 7, 2006, 01:20 PM
Then why was that your example of these horrible things?

Dreadlock
Apr 7, 2006, 01:20 PM
Well. If someone killed your mom..you would usually kill THAT person. Not their mom. Of course there are sadistic ones out there who threaten to murder entire families, pets, and property.

Saiffy
Apr 7, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-04-07 11:20, LadyRedComet wrote:
Then why was that your example of these horrible things?

Then why did you post just to tell Skorp and I that we're asses?

Requesting lock, not PMing a mod because I don't care when it gets done. Apparently a lot of people only look as deep as they want to into things. Nuttin' new.

I mean, not only did you assume I explained the whole situation with me bugging my brother, and assumed that that was the point of this rant, but you also assumed you knew me, and my family completely.

GG GAIS

Scejntjynahl
Apr 7, 2006, 07:59 PM
Arent you the one pm said person and insulting them with actual words such as b**ch and fu***ing idiot? If that doesnt make someone sound like an ass I dont know what does. You dont want to be perceived as an ass yet you resort to insults? (The pm is saved to prove as such, but I hardly think its necessary to post it).

Come on now, give me a break. You posted in rants and it didnt quite make sense to begin with, but in doing so in a public forum, as it has been said before, this makes your rant or anyones for that matter open for discussion. Sure Skorp was addressed as well, but he willingly interjected himself into this thread with "his" problems as well. Thus, leaving himself open for discussion as well. As Im sure I will too be scrutinized for my comment. So be it. But youll be hard pressed to incite me to use insults to convey my ideas. A poster here said that anger is to be human. Well so is to reason, unfortunately that part hardly gets used because it takes actual thought, while anger is just a reaction... no thought at all.

And about the topic, all I can get out of it is this... you messed with a hornets nest and got stung and got mad about it. Well, uh... yeah... that tends to happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2006-04-07 18:00 ]</font>

zwandude15
Apr 7, 2006, 08:19 PM
People are people.

Respect them for who they are, and they'll respect you.

Things that are brutally honest may not seem nice, true, but then again, they are being honest.

You can't dislike someone for their opinions, you need a just reason.

Would you vote someone into office if they: Never drank, and were vegetarian?
Or vote someone into office that: Got drunk occasionally, and weren't quite the smartest in their class?

If you said the first one, you voted Hitler to run your country.

Had you given that second person a chance, you may have learned he was a former president. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

You can't be mean to someone who never really meant to do something to you, but you shouldn't do anything to the seemingly deserving either...