PDA

View Full Version : Different Stances?

oShojino
Apr 6, 2006, 03:41 PM
In the Extra and Network modes of PSU (perhaps in story mode a bit as well) the character models, despite race and gender, take the same stance when idle. It's a minor part of the gameplay but do you think PSU should/will have different character stances in character select? or even just a racial stance (all male beasts stand the same etc.)

(Edit: Pick Yes if you like the idea of both types of options, like a certain number of stances to choose from for each race, with some that are reserved for a particular race.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-04-06 13:45 ]</font>

Sev
Apr 6, 2006, 03:49 PM
I didn't see any indication of it. Maybe it will maybe it won't, although it'd be good I don't think this will effect me that much. If I stand like the other guy, that's fine, since I don't look like him. Stances determined by Race may be fine, but how would it define them? Maybe if it were determined by proportions, even then all the proportion choices are the same despite races. You would think things such as Beasts can be more built, Casts can be much taller, but there's no real indication of that. So I would say that it'll be normal. If it's not the same that's great, but I wouldn't want them to lose time on doing it.

Shade-
Apr 6, 2006, 04:14 PM
i didn't notice it, but I think the different races, possibly genders should have different stances for each weapon/spell animation.

oShojino
Apr 6, 2006, 04:17 PM
For race stances I believe it would be determined by the characteristics of the race. For example since Newmans are portrayed as noble and intellectual they would have less agressive more peaceful stances (like hands clasped in front with legs purpendicular to eachother), where as Beasts would have a more aggressive stance, or one with more attitude (one hand on hip or both hands balled in front with legs diagonal from eachother).

For me thats too generalized though, I would prefer a multitude of stances for each race with a few that were race specific.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-04-06 14:18 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Apr 6, 2006, 05:15 PM
Well, I don't know how the stances will be, but, stances unique to race/gender would be interesting (& fitting). I'd like to see standstill animations happen. They might even be funny. Maybe your char & your humanoid PM could have a lil convo just for the player's benefit (& humor)? LOL Idk, just theorizing...