PDA

View Full Version : Voice Chat?

vitius137
Apr 7, 2006, 08:50 PM
Sorry if this has been said somewhere before (I'm super noob) but will this game have voice chat or is that unconfirmed?
I would like there to be a voice chat option but im still fine with typing. But then how would ps2 users chat with others?
Also, I haven't played PSO:BB. Did that game have voice chat? I'll crawl back in my hole now.

Ryna
Apr 7, 2006, 08:59 PM
Voice chat has not been confirmed for Phantasy Star Universe. Also, voice chat was not included with Blue Burst.

Eihwaz
Apr 7, 2006, 09:12 PM
I'd much rather it just have standard typing for communication. I've played other online games with voice (such as Half-Life), and it kind of sucked. And, of course, we get plenty of horror stories from Xbox Live fans about annoying kids who yell and shit.

Or, if for some reason PSU does include voice chat, I hope there's at least a mute option for it. >_>;

FayteEternal
Apr 7, 2006, 09:19 PM
There are always options for voice interaction in online MMO's. Team Speak is a good example and is something I will more than likely establish once PSU comes out and I either create a guild or join a good one. I'm honestly not sure how voice would apply for Ps2^^;

_glowstiq_
Apr 7, 2006, 10:24 PM
You'll usually have user-created mediums. When PSOBB was in playable beta in the 'states, I bought a Ventrilo server and just made a thread in the SEGA forums. Within a week or so, I had a regular 20 people or so coming and coming out to play. Mainly, it was people either from the 'States or the UK. Of course this all died once I decided to quit within two month after the game was released for a subscription basis.

I'll most likely pick up a hefty server now that I have found other providers who provide cheap Vent servers.

FayteEternal
Apr 7, 2006, 10:31 PM
That's cool. Whatever works is a-ok.

OdinTyler
Apr 8, 2006, 06:44 AM
A guildmate & I have a room or 2 set up on a Ventrilo server. I don't use it much, but, it's an option if we want to use. It's actually the clearest VC I've ever used. If used, it would be very helpful for PSU. Wish I had that for when I was playing EQOA! LOL

voxie
Apr 11, 2006, 05:08 AM
Yeah I've seen videos of voice chat working nicely in WoW. Whatever happens I guess, I don't mind. A mute option would be crucial, lol.

LocWolf
Apr 11, 2006, 06:47 AM
I doubt the PS2 version will have a voice chat feature, but it would be kind of nice considering how you'd have to alternate from typing on a USB keyboard to playing with the controller (I played the GC version, I'll never type on a digital keyboard again.....if I can't use vc or a usb kb, then I'll just stay silent). As for PC, you don't need a voice chat service built in, just download teamspeak or vent.

FayteEternal
Apr 11, 2006, 07:02 AM
Yeah, when GC PSO first came out I suffered through the nightmarish pains of trying to type using the on-screen keyboard. It was the suck. I finally broke down and bought the controller-keyboard from Lik-Sang (Or whatever that site is) and was pleased to get it over a month later... >_> talk about speedy service.