PDA

View Full Version : Christina Millian...

BogusKun
Apr 9, 2006, 02:26 AM
Most people have an attraction for Christina Millian... I understand...she seems beautiful... I however, don't have the same attraction because she exactly like my sister in a way that... scares me.

I followed her music for a while... I like the way she changed her style in such devilish ways. I love how she sold herself for money like a musical prostitute. It's cool, right? Eff no...

In her single/video she says "I keep it Gangsta"

how? What gang is she in?

Now R&B is sucking random came-testicles. What's bad about it is that Aaliyah, was the only great singer of this generation of young singers, and we lost her.

Music? Why? WHY?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 9, 2006, 11:58 AM
Sex sells.

And so does Ashley Simpson.

I can't figure it out and shouldn't really care why pop sells and limit myself from it.

As for Cristina Milian, gangsta? R & B?

She was on the radio a week or two ago and would not stop talking and let in a word by the radio show hosts edgewise. She has weird lyrics too about "turn around push it out like your back broke."

Sounds, uh, painful and confusing.

As for the guys read in one Boondocks comic strip about Riley calling Omarion, Mario, Etc. and saying "Michael Jackson is a musical artist, not a genre." Halarious.

Skuda
Apr 9, 2006, 03:42 PM
I have no idea who christina millian is. So, I hit google for an image search and ended up closing the window with an >_> on my face. I don't find her particularly attractive.

I really can't tell the difference between hip hop and R&B. frankly, I don't really care. The thing that bothers me is all the people who try and glorify "gangsta" and "gheto". What the hell is wrong with you people? There is nothing to glorify there. From what I see, it's mostly a bunch of posers singing about it too.

That's like singing folk songs about the holocaust and making millions. I'm assuming that when people do something on that subject, they arn't doing it for reasons of greed.

InfinityXXX
Apr 9, 2006, 04:38 PM
She is attractive and all but I'm getting tired of her and other "NEW-AGE" R&B singers trying to use this whole gangsta mentality in their music. Wait lemme rephrase this, people like Chris Brown, Teairra Marie, Christina Millian,Ciara, Keisha Cole, Omarion etc. shouldn't even be classified as R&B.

They can't sing, their music is so cheap and uncreative that even I can redo it with my keyboard, and they only dance. Once you see them live in concert they sound awful and nothing like cd. Theres so few good singers out now. I only can think of 2, Beyonce(destiney's child) and Ne Yo.

Christina Millian sounds like a dying cat, Chris Brown sounds like a bitch(yes I said it)Ciara can only dance and Keisha Cole.......how the hell did Keisha Cole even become famous. That song love, makes Weird Al sound like Luther Vandross.

To be honest, I thought I was the only one that caught that line, "I keep it gangsta" in that song.(Which is a rip off of "Love it or Hate it" by The Game and 50 cent)I was like, "WTF!?". She was just in a video sliding in some ink trying to potray herself as some teeny bopper.(Bring it up, pick it up slow blah blah)

I swear its worse than how Vanilla Ice was swapping his "image" around.

Though she might be trying to put this image out because her ex boyfriend, Nick Cannon, cheated on her.(Who could do that to her) but I don't like how shes trying to make herself all tough and hardcore. Using R&B to profit off a mentality and image.

I think whats wrong with people is that they are confused on what an actual gangsta and thug is. I think the term is being misused. Its being watered down. Because if women were familiar with a "true" gangsta or thug, they wouldn't want to date or associate themselves with one. That or they must like gettin the shit beat out of em, having their life threatened and being misused.

Its like what the Grandad from the Boondocks said, "What the Hell is thuggin love? Is that when you make love to your woman and right before that special moment.....you knock her down the stairs and go upside her head?"

Firocket1690
Apr 9, 2006, 05:03 PM
Hmmmm.

Personally...
Hip Hop is urban music. Focused on rhythm and beats. Mainly used for dancing. See: 80's, 90's breakdacners and oldschool cardboard and such..

Rap is similiar to the above, minus the dancing, but more based on an uneducated fellow screaming into a mic, moving his left hand about up and down.

R&B originated as Rhythm & Blues, a fusion of jazz and blues. Mostly slow romantic songs.

Ehh. I dunno. That's how I categorize the genres.

Some of the old r&b's not too bad. I still listen every now and then. This list includes (90's) Usher, Craig David, Joe, Seal, Crea, and Ekykah Badu. Apparantly, Wikipedia classifies my some taste of R&B as "Quiet Storm".

InfinityXXX
Apr 9, 2006, 05:17 PM
Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Maxwell, India Arie, Angie Stone, Musiq etc are considered Neo-soul.(One of my favorite genres of music)

I just dislike most of this teeny bopper R&B.(Chris Brown, Omarion, Keisha Cole) Out of R&b I just prefer Beyonce, Mario, Ne-Yo, Avant, Tony Braxton. Mya and theres some other ones, I'm just to lazy to list more.

BogusKun
Apr 13, 2006, 11:49 AM
I don't like Ne-Yo... something I dont like about the guy's singing. I still will prefer Ginuwine over most of these young dudes, Lil Wayne IS NOT the best rapper.... period. I guess thats what he got for dissin Nas? I dunno. I like Lil Wayne... not THAT much.

Blah Back to the subject. Aaliyah couldve easily came under Mariah Carey. Cant sit here and settle for that. So I'll stick with Crystal Kay, J and thats about it.

zwandude15
Apr 13, 2006, 12:52 PM
Now R&B is sucking random came-testicles.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Solstis
Apr 13, 2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I've stopped paying attention to music all that much, these days. One generic wave after another (then again, I'm sure someone thought that "Zoot Suit (zoot?) Riot" was unoriginal).

And where's the Alicia Keys love? :<

Maridia
Apr 14, 2006, 06:18 AM
Give me my video game music and I'll be content to ignore the world's artists forever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I mean, moreso than I already do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

PIT
Apr 14, 2006, 07:21 AM
On 2006-04-09 13:42, Skuda wrote:

I really can't tell the difference between hip hop and R&B. frankly, I don't really care. The thing that bothers me is all the people who try and glorify "gangsta" and "gheto". What the hell is wrong with you people? There is nothing to glorify there. From what I see, it's mostly a bunch of posers singing about it too.

That's like singing folk songs about the holocaust and making millions. I'm assuming that when people do something on that subject, they arn't doing it for reasons of greed.

i totally agree

Charmander02
Apr 14, 2006, 06:37 PM
She's hot, just her music is very...mediocre.

REJ-
Apr 15, 2006, 04:07 PM
On 2006-04-14 16:37, Charmander02 wrote:
She's hot, just her music is very...mediocre.

In this century, that's all it takes to become famous.

And she's not even that hot.

BogusKun
Apr 17, 2006, 04:56 AM
She's not as hot as Brooke Valentine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Yep. Mediocre lyrics I would probably have to stick with that Badu music. I'm going back to my system of a down.

InfinityXXX
Apr 18, 2006, 06:21 PM
I think she needs to take that ugly ass blonde weave out of her head and pick another color. I liked her better in the movie with Nick Cannon.

p.s. Whatever happened to Brooke Valentine?LOL