Skorpius
Apr 9, 2006, 04:15 PM
It's heavily carbonated.
Very sweet.
Leaves an aftertaste.
It grows mold.

Saraphim
Apr 9, 2006, 04:17 PM
Pepsi is foul IMO. Mountan Dew all the way (except for that Pitch Black stuff- YUK)

zwandude15
Apr 9, 2006, 04:27 PM
Mountain Dew scares my sperm. x[

Pepsi makes my teeth all...icky.

Sprite es mi favorito.

InfinityXXX
Apr 9, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-04-09 14:15, Skorpius wrote:

It grows mold.

Ewww, I didn't know that. Yuck, no more pepsi for me.(even though I rarely drink pop and when i do its almost always root beer or cream soda) But I've always wondered, whats the difference between Coke a Cola and Pepsi?

Maridia
Apr 9, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'm sure it isn't the only thing that grows mold. If you believe one soda does and none others do, that's silly.

I love pepsi. And mountain dew. Wish we got Code Red up here. Meh. <_<

And infinity, I'm sure the differences are subtle. You'd have to get an analysis of the ingredients and procedures for making the two to really answer that. Everything else is just subjective.

Balthor
Apr 9, 2006, 05:44 PM
Mountain Dew is the gateway drink to future whiskey addicts.

Pepsi is pretty nasty to, especially that Pepsi Blue abomination long ago.

Saraphim
Apr 9, 2006, 06:25 PM
On 2006-04-09 15:19, Maridia wrote:

I love pepsi. And mountain dew. Wish we got Code Red up here. Meh. <_<

Have you tried Livewire? Thats my fav. They also have a Mountain Dew "energy drink" called MDX. I use quotation marks 'cause it's like a hyper-caffinated regular Dew. It's awesome IMO, and I AM a self-confessed Dew addict. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wyndham
Apr 9, 2006, 06:42 PM
I don't drink pepsi. But I like root beer.

Otis_Kat
Apr 9, 2006, 06:53 PM
Live Wire rocks.

Pepsi owns America.
Coke owns the world.

Saraphim
Apr 9, 2006, 06:58 PM
On 2006-04-09 16:53, Otis_Kat wrote:

Coke owns the world.

And I thought Bill Gates owned the world... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PJ
Apr 9, 2006, 07:58 PM
Pepsi Blue was amazing.

The one thing I have against Pepsi is their commericals. Cokes commercials are all fun and such, and Pepsi is JUST about being better than Coke.

Pepsi has Pepsi Blue, Coke has Vanilla Coke.

Done and done.

KodiaX987
Apr 9, 2006, 08:17 PM
A&W

Like, DAY-UM. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Eihwaz
Apr 9, 2006, 08:25 PM
Pepsi Blue was fucking great. But they killed that delicious stuff off. ;_;

zwandude15
Apr 9, 2006, 09:10 PM
Eihwaz wrote:

The animal they made it out of became extinct.

"The cow?"

No no, think hairer, and more legs...

Blitzkommando
Apr 9, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-04-09 19:10, zwandude15 wrote:

Eihwaz wrote:

The animal they made it out of became extinct.

"The cow?"

No no, think hairer, and more legs...

I can so very easily see a "UR MOM!" joke coming.

Pepsi lacks bite. I would say that Coke is probably my favorite carbonated beverage. Also, Pepsi Blue was the own but suffered a death as fast and nasty as New Coke.

Otis_Kat
Apr 9, 2006, 09:18 PM
I remember Pepsi Blue, my brother made fun of me for drinking it. But I liked it and drank it till it was discontinued.

zwandude15
Apr 9, 2006, 09:24 PM
On 2006-04-09 19:18, Norvekh wrote:
I can so very easily see a "UR MOM!" joke coming.

Nothing against the blue. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

For clarification, Simpsons anyone?

Solstis
Apr 10, 2006, 03:07 AM
Good thing that my University has an exclusive contract with Pepsi. I miss having Coke on campus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anyway, what are you worried about your sperm count for?

navci
Apr 10, 2006, 03:30 AM
On 2006-04-09 17:58, PJ wrote:
The one thing I have against Pepsi is their commericals. Cokes commercials are all fun and such, and Pepsi is JUST about being better than Coke.

QFT.
It is always annoying when commercial people can't bother to be creative.

Pepsi blue is one nasty crap! They LOOK nasty even!

Otis_Kat
Apr 10, 2006, 06:24 AM
On 2006-04-10 01:07, Solstis wrote:
Good thing that my University has an exclusive contract with Pepsi. I miss having Coke on campus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The yellow #5 dye in Mountain Dew may cause reduced sperm count and genital shrinkage, but you'd have to consume so much of it you'd be dead before it had any effect there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2006-04-10 04:25 ]</font>

washuguy
Apr 10, 2006, 09:53 AM
On 2006-04-09 14:40, InfinityXXX wrote:

On 2006-04-09 14:15, Skorpius wrote:

It grows mold.

But I've always wondered, whats the difference between Coke a Cola and Pepsi?

Pepsi has more sugar and acids. Coke dosn't get flat as fast.

TheOneHero
Apr 10, 2006, 11:57 AM
I remember I would just open a bottle of Pepsi, brand new, and it would be flat within a few moments.

I loathe Pepsi, hardly ever drink it.
Mountain Dew, I haven't had it in ages. I remember when it first came out it was just disgusting. That's probably why I don't drink it anymore.

Coke is good. I wub Coke. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eihwaz
Apr 10, 2006, 12:06 PM
I need to find a generic brand Pepsi Blue. I've had it before, and I need to find it again.

Sharkyland
Apr 10, 2006, 12:08 PM
Some mold is beneficial.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 10, 2006, 02:30 PM
Err, I don't mind that Wild Cherry Pepsi.

Its easier to find than Cherry Coke around these parts, and I guess that makes it better!

Commercials?

Annoying crap. They even got Jackie Chan to do one. Forshame Jackie.

WraithVerge
Apr 10, 2006, 02:38 PM
Sunkist, both the original and peach flavored. Peach is friggin awesome.

astuarlen
Apr 10, 2006, 02:55 PM
I'm with Oran and Kodia (woah, doesn't that sound like a crazy situation) on this one. Root Beer ftw.

But, to be honest, water > carbonated sugar water. :}

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 10, 2006, 04:46 PM
Hey now, I just remembered that Oran is down with the Cream Soda.

Yes, that one is quite nice.

Watch out for these new sodas.

That Pitch Black one contains of all things a buttload of vegetable oil, which regular Mountain Dew contains as well.

And also a 20 oz bottled soda has way more sugar in it than anyone needs for one drink. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

But like Solstis mentioned, they sometimes are a major part of school funding and you can't help but get one every now and then.

Moderation!

EJ
Apr 10, 2006, 05:03 PM
I love Pepsi but hate Coke since whenever I drink Coke it leaves that after taste and make my teeth feel like I just drank a cup full of sugar.

I perfer pepsi to coke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

washuguy
Apr 10, 2006, 05:20 PM
On 2006-04-10 15:03, ForceEJ wrote:
I love Pepsi but hate Coke since whenever I drink Coke it leaves that after taste and make my teeth feel like I just drank a cup full of sugar.

I perfer pepsi to coke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BOOOO!!!!,BOOOOO!!!!!,BOOOOOO!!!!!!

EphekZ
Apr 10, 2006, 05:38 PM
If I ever do drink soda I perfer "light" sodas. Usually though I drink Arizona Iced tea "
mucho mango" it's only a dollar =)...well $1.07. either way pespi and coke sucks.

zwandude15
Apr 10, 2006, 05:43 PM
On 2006-04-10 04:24, Otis_Kat wrote:

On 2006-04-10 01:07, Solstis wrote:

The yellow #5 dye in Mountain Dew may cause reduced sperm count and genital shrinkage, but you'd have to consume so much of it you'd be dead before it had any effect there.

Balthor wrote: Mountain Dew is the gateway drink to future whiskey addicts.

If they consumed as much mountain dew as older men consume beer, I'd imagine it would have some sort of effect before you died. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2006-04-10 15:43 ]</font>

opaopajr
Apr 10, 2006, 11:47 PM
love Coke, Pepsi is just too sweet.

love Orangina, especially that happy floating pulp -- even though I despise pulp in my orange juice.

love Vimto, but next to none of you know about it.

also love Qoo, particularly white grape Qoo, but once again next to none of you know about it either.

I despise all cream soda and vanilla drinks. I also despise root beer floats. But I love root beer.

In fact, I also love sasparilla, birch beer, and teaberry soda whenever I can get my hands on it.

The most sick, wrong, profane soda in the world is Diet Fudge Soda, remember that. A close runner up is probably Celery soda. Or Diet Caffeine Free Coke, lovingly known as "Battery Acid.

C2 had a delightful licorice taste to it. But then I like licorice and there's plenty of people who don't.

I want a Robitussin PM flavored soda, because I love the taste of medicine. Maybe a shot of vodka, slice of pineapple, and a tiny, pretty umbrella on top, to go with it.

Saraphim
Apr 11, 2006, 02:17 AM
There is this stuff called Jones Soda, it comes in some very "interesting" flavors. Let's see, there's the Thanksgiving 5-pack (that's not a typo) with Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Greenbean Casserole, Cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. Each soda in the 5 pack was 12 ounces, and disgusting. I only tried the turkey (on a dare), I hurled instantly.

Solstis
Apr 11, 2006, 05:01 AM
Mountain Dew was originally advertised to old people anyway.

I admired Opa until a love for licorice was revealed. Scandal! And, yes, I have never heard of most of those drinks before. Remind me to visit San Fran one day.

Deltra
Apr 11, 2006, 11:02 AM
Forget Pepsi. It has an ok taste..but I'd drink Root Beer or a Mountain Dew instead of Pepsi anytime.

Maridia
Apr 11, 2006, 01:23 PM
I can't say I dislike any soda, frankly. I just tend to gravitate towards Pepsi and the Dew.

But my alltime favorite is A&W rootbeer. I can't believe Shuri beat me to it. SCREW YOU, SHURI! *shakes fist*

Evil_Althena8
Apr 11, 2006, 01:37 PM
I fucking hate pepsi. When that's all your parents buy for 7 years, you learn to despise it.

navci
Apr 11, 2006, 01:58 PM
On 2006-04-10 21:47, opaopajr wrote:
love Orangina, especially that happy floating pulp -- even though I despise pulp in my orange juice.

also love Qoo, particularly white grape Qoo, but once again next to none of you know about it either.

I love Orangina also. But it cost a buck more than your regular drinks. ._.

Qoo is okay. :>

Firocket1690
Apr 12, 2006, 12:04 AM
Qoo is ... oddly good. o.O
Anyone had that Japanese Calpis water? ~<3

As far as sodas go...
Mother's an irresponsible bitch, and never stocked up on drinks before she left to Germany for some business trip, or whatever. I'm stuck with a few cases of coke in the basement. I havn't drank soda in years, and I've been thirsty as hell lately. The stuff is pure sugar in liquid form, minus the taste.

... as opposed to the usual sugar filled apple cider, or orange juice I'm used to. :3

Oh, and /random fact:
My chem teacher used to work for Pepsi Co. He invented Slice and Mug Rootbeer. Go him.

Charmander02
Apr 12, 2006, 05:16 PM
Pepsi is ok, i like it over Coke... but root beer has to be my favourite.

Link5
Apr 12, 2006, 08:59 PM
I had to do this chemistry experiment once that basically ruined soda for me. It explained in depth why soda is so bad for you.
Because soda is so acidic, in order to digest it your body needs to neutralize the acid. In order to do this, calcium carbonate is required, and if there is no other source, it comes from your bones, which essentially explains why hardcore soda drinkers may develop weak bones.
From the sodas I tested the results were Diet Pepsi being the least acidic, followed by Pepsi, than Coke, and lastly Mountain Dew.
Who really cares about what they consume though anyway?
My poison is Pepsi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maridia
Apr 13, 2006, 12:13 AM
Yeah, my mother is always telling me that soda leeches the calcium out of your bones. Ugh, nice to know it's true. Well, you know what to do then, everyone. Two to three glasses of milk per can/bottle of soda! .. I should start taking calcium supplements, as I don't drink nearly enough milk.

And boy, your teacher INVENTED those, Firo? Wow, that's sure far-fetched. Did he provide any sort of proof, or were you just taking his word on that? <_<

Deltra
Apr 13, 2006, 12:44 AM
Link, your chemistry experiment is probably correct. Good thing I don't drink much soda anymore.I used to drink Coke everyday. Maybe it explains why I hate Pepsi and Coke so much.