PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting the japan beta? could you try dial up for us?

xenokai
Apr 9, 2006, 06:40 PM
I cant get dsl or any highspeed here in the boonies so im on dial up and was wondering if anyone plans to hookup the japan beta or even lives in japan and gonna try it could you try it with dial up? and post results. i know it say broadband but blue burst also said that and it works on dial up perfect.

FayteEternal
Apr 10, 2006, 12:50 AM
I'm not too familiar with high-speed via satellite but is that an option for you? Might be expensive though. O_o;;

PhotonCat
Apr 10, 2006, 11:02 AM
I'm not too familiar with high-speed via satellite but is that an option for you? Might be expensive though.

Satellite is not a good idea for playing online games.
It causes much latency.

Getting into the beta is gonna be a slim chance. If someone around here does however, I'm sure they will try it with dial-up just to see.
If not, You can always wait until it comes out. More people will have access to it then.

xenokai
Apr 10, 2006, 02:54 PM
im a huge fan of PSO even from dc,gc,pc played them all and i dont wanna miss out on the real NEXT PSO just cause i cant get dsl or cable =/

FayteEternal
Apr 10, 2006, 10:19 PM
FFXI recommended broadband as well but I have many friends who played online just fine with dial-up so perhaps PSU will be the same. You might have a few disadvantages associated with dial-up, like excessive lag, getting disconnected etc, but perhaps the means to get online is all that matters.

PhotonCat
Apr 10, 2006, 10:43 PM
I remember when I played PSO GC. I had dial-up at the time. The items on the floor would take several seconds to appear after dropping from mobs or boxes. It would also take longer to load up a quest or room.

If they don't minimize the connection cap, then there isn't anyhting to fear. You should be able to connect, but have the occasinal lag.
But I know some BB-only games have a minimum of 256K connection to be able to even log on.
I am betting they will have that cap for the PS2 version, but not the PC. I can be wrong of course.

Espilonarge
Apr 11, 2006, 05:50 PM
Hopefully if anyones trying to get the Beta will act seriously about it. I don't want to see another outburst of PSOBB PoS syndrome again. Seriously the JPN Beta for that was a nightmare, would crash more times then often and the US Beta was full of idiots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

xenokai
Apr 11, 2006, 10:40 PM
i was in that beta period and payed for it for 1 month and didnt like ep4 so i quit.

BogusKun
Apr 12, 2006, 03:32 AM
It wont work for Sat-Hi-Speed guaranteed. Move out the boonies.

PSU will operate similar to FFXI connections. Dial Up56Khigher-DSL and Cable

As long as you have the processing power and video card for your computer dial up shouldnt be a problem.

It wasnt for me on games like FFXI