PDA

View Full Version : You got any ID?

Kizaragu
Apr 11, 2006, 02:17 PM
I'm not asking you to hand over you're mother.
I'm not asking you to tickle my fancy.
I'm not asking you to stop rubbing your groin against my leg.
I'm asking you a simple question.
A question that I'm required by law to ask. A question I get asked to answer every now and then myself.

A simple yes or no would suffice. Not a lecture.

I'm not getting a 5000 pound personal fine because you and you're little buddies want to play GTA after school.

I don't care if you've been in store before. I don't recognise you.
I don't care if you're parents will buy it for you.
I don't care if you'll go down the road to a "rival" store. For gods sake, I have a mate who works there. Plus neither of us will earn anything from you're AWESOME purchase.
You small minded petty people. The only rivalry I can see is the one inside you're narrow minded petty little mind. I'm not selling it to you without ID.

God I hate Easter and God do I hate the school holidays,.
The sad truth is that the adults are the worse when you ask them. You need ID for a cash trade as we're screened by the police. No, you're bank card will not do. And no, you're rudeness is not helping you with your cause.

So folks, think of the poor bastard who's asking you that simple question next time you're asked ok? Don't give them grief. They don't like asking it enough as it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2006-04-11 12:19 ]</font>

zwandude15
Apr 11, 2006, 02:38 PM
Something tells me that in the not too distant future, GTA is going to make it to the E rating...

It's getting that bad..

I wouldn't pester someone for a game considering I'm under 18. Simply wait it out until someone with ID can buy it, simply avoided!

I can understand your pain. =/

navci
Apr 11, 2006, 03:32 PM
I completely understand.
At my job I ask for ID a lot as well. Luckily, most underaged people know what they are dealing with and won't push the issue. Some will get upset but those are obviously losers with small penises.

Firocket1690
Apr 11, 2006, 11:56 PM
Ehmm....

Funny. When I went off to buy Resi4 (M rated, if memory serves), it was sold to me without further question. No inquiry when I got Resi0 either.

I don't look that old, do I?

Kizaragu
Apr 12, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-04-11 21:56, Firocket1690 wrote:
Ehmm....

Funny. When I went off to buy Resi4 (M rated, if memory serves), it was sold to me without further question. No inquiry when I got Resi0 either.

I don't look that old, do I?
heh It's down to who ever's serving you really.
It's not that we have to ask everyone we see, it's just when we have the slightest little doubt. Some folk are just overly cautiouse. Understandable really as they're the ones who'd personally be out of pocket with a 5k fine.
By law, once we've asked, we have to see ID, otherwise we can't sell it to you at all.

It's more people's reaction than anything. I'm just get fed up with being whined at. It's not a big deal, I'm 22 years old and I still get ID'd when I buy my boss cigarettes. I don't kick up a stink, why do others?
Then I remember why and day by day I hate humanity that little bit more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2006-04-12 12:28 ]</font>

Charmander02
Apr 12, 2006, 05:04 PM
It's not so hard to give your ID, just pull it out of your wallet/purse, if you dont have it then leave, no problem SHOULD be there right? Just shows how everyone whines about the littlest things now a days.

Yeah im guilty of that whining too. (not about the id thing specificaly)

Maridia
Apr 13, 2006, 12:09 AM
No, I bet Firo looks like an old lady. ;3

And Kiz, your angry rants full of hate are always truely inspiring. <3 You stick it to those idiots. Seriously. Tell them all that to their faces. That'd be awesome.

The only times people should have a problem with producing ID is if they actually don't have any. So, if they make a fuss and storm off, you can assume they didn't have any and couldn't get the game anyway. Bunch of punks.

Lenard
Apr 22, 2006, 07:13 PM
i am on your side Kizaragu but allow me to infrom you of a similar situation that happened to me.

i went to walmart ot purcha$e the harvey birdman season 1 dvd box set. i walk up to the checkout line and hand the cashier the package he scans it and the register beeps (the beep that denotes an id is required), i am slightly puzzled by this but reach for my cash expecting to pay. he says "can i see your id," i give it to him and he responds "im sorry i cant sell this to you; you are not 17." i am confused by this, i point out that hte box says its is rated tv 14 and that i am 16. he says he knows but he still cant sell it to me. i am angered beyond resonable bounds by some trivial bullshit but, not at the cashier, at walmart. i recognize the cashier prolly doesnt give a shit who buys the stores merchendise but is only doing his job, what he is required by the store or law to do.

so the moral of the story to you idiots who get angry at the employees of a company for dumb shit like this is: "dont hate the man, hate the establishment."

ulyoth
Apr 22, 2006, 07:25 PM
On 2006-04-22 17:13, Lenard wrote:
i am on your side Kizaragu but allow me to infrom you of a similar situation that happened to me.

i went to walmart ot purcha$e the harvey birdman season 1 dvd box set. i walk up to the checkout line and hand the cashier the package he scans it and the register beeps (the beep that denotes an id is required), i am slightly puzzled by this but reach for my cash expecting to pay. he says "can i see your id," i give it to him and he responds "im sorry i cant sell this to you; you are not 17." i am confused by this, i point out that hte box says its is rated tv 14 and that i am 16. he says he knows but he still cant sell it to me. i am angered beyond resonable bounds by some trivial bullshit but, not at the cashier, at walmart. i recognize the cashier prolly doesnt give a shit who buys the stores merchendise but is only doing his job, what he is required by the store or law to do.

so the moral of the story to you idiots who get angry at the employees of a company for dumb shit like this is: "dont hate the man, hate the establishment."

That seems wrong..the age restriction on the Box should be what age they are allowed to sell to.
Where i work we have a policy called task21, if someone is trying to buy alcohol and they dont look 21 - ask for ID. But the age limit for Alcohol here is still 18, so if he/she is 18 they can have it. Thats like hes getting something mixed up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ulyoth on 2006-04-22 17:26 ]</font>

Daikarin
Apr 22, 2006, 07:27 PM
Policy is policy. Screw their complaints.

Sord
Apr 22, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-04-22 17:13, Lenard wrote:
"dont hate the man, hate the establishment."

aside from the actual rant here itself, this is a very good point. Most of those who work these places are just their for the work. They did not sign up to deal with a hundred diffrent peoples problem. If you have a friggen problem, drop the issue with the cashier and take it up with a higher up in the business or your state's/province's beuracracy. Of course, if your an ignorant bastard, don't even bother.

I never complain about ID stuff, for starters I'm 16 so I already know not try and buy the stuff. So as such I don't even bother trying to get someing above PG-13 movie, game, or otherwise. Most of the higher rated stuff isn't even worth the time to try and risk getting it without an ID. If you even have a doubt you can't get it without an ID you don't have, don't even bother. You'll save yourself and the cashier more time.

Mewn
Apr 24, 2006, 12:01 PM
I work at an off-licence. I have to ID anyone who looks under 21. If I fail a test purchase, I get an on-the-spot £80 fine for sure, and possibly other action taken. I'll also come at the very least close to losing my job.

So forgive me if I consider my money and my job more important than your damn alcohol (not targeting anyone here, just a general statement). If you really want that alcohol, you carry ID. If you don't, it's your fault, and you're not getting it. Tough shit, huh.

I totally sympathize with anyone who has to ID people in the course of their work, some people don't seem to get it that quite frankly saying how old you are/producing a bank card ("Look! Under 18s cannot have this card!")/producing a student card (goddammit, they are not valid proof of age) isn't gonna cut any ice. It's my job, I'm afraid. Lame excuses aren't proof of anything.

Funny story, I once ID'd a chav who then declared quite loudly on his mobile to his mate 'I wanna kick this f***ing moron's head in, he's ID'd me.'

That said, I have a million stories of pure rage and ignorance, but that's a matter for another topic. Maybe.