PDA

View Full Version : Keep your goddamn voice down, mkay?

Saiffy
Apr 11, 2006, 09:05 PM
You know, it's very awkward for me, when I'm on the fucking phone, and the person can distinctly hear my family yelling at each other. Do you know how weird it is for me, to have to tell someone over the phone that my dad screaming "fuck" every 2 seconds has some sort of reason to it? And everyone besides me in this family seems to start yelling so quickly, hence other people hear, they start yelling too, big chain reaction.

The amount of time I'm actually on the fucking phone, could you let me be the one talking to my friend? Thanks.

Least it makes me feel better that I just told them all to shu the fuck up when I'm on the phone, I've been very pissed all day, my friend over the phone barely talking because it's so awkward is the last thing I fucking want

zwandude15
Apr 11, 2006, 09:22 PM
I don't exactly have the same problem, but sometimes when I'm trying to make meaningful conversation with the girlfriend, someone has to come sit two feet away from me and ruin my whole moment.

It's one of the most embarassing things that can happen, I know.

I can easily feel your pain...

PJ
Apr 11, 2006, 10:11 PM
XDXDXD

I had to ask if your sister was on the phone or just really loud XD

She couldn't wait 1 freakin minute. Good times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ABDUR101
Apr 11, 2006, 10:21 PM
What I enjoy, is trying to do something important on the phone, such as a business call, or talking to someone on a professional level, and having someone speaking to you, which makes you miss bits of the phone conversation, thus requiring you to ask the person to please repeat themselves. Thus it continues for the duration, as you are slowly whittled down from trying to 'wave' the yapping person away, right down to "Can you please hold a moment?" as you cover the phone, and tell the yapping person to GET THE FUCK AWAY UNLESS THEY WANT TO HANDLE THE CALL!

Also, the joy of going for the phone, and as soon as someone finds out you're going to be on it, they come up with possible people who may call, who they may need to call, and for you not to take too long, and by God, if you get another call, you better take it, lest you be judged unworthy of using the phone again! =]

...then of course trying to have a private conversation, and being interrupted constantly about someone else needing the phone, for, nothing important, just that they want to call someone like you're doing and by some grand stretch, their call just happens to be more worthwhile than your own that is currently taking place.

Tis grand, eh?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 12, 2006, 05:36 AM
Get a cordless phone if money permits it and go as far outside as you can, if weather and phone range permits it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Or lock yourself in the bathroom and have that echo on the call. Better than a dorky family member in your face being inconsiderate.

Make sure to switch from a corded phone to a cordless right after you pick it up and realize its important!

ABDUR101
Apr 12, 2006, 12:31 PM
Actually, we don't even have a corded phone in the house anymore. There's just no place to go when everyone else has legs and can follow. =o

Saiffy
Apr 12, 2006, 12:33 PM
On 2006-04-12 10:31, ABDUR101 wrote:
Actually, we don't even have a corded phone in the house anymore. There's just no place to go when everyone else has legs and can follow. =o

That was exactly what was happening. I was trying to walk away, but they either follow, or are distributed evenly about the house http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Charmander02
Apr 12, 2006, 05:12 PM
My grandmother does that, i'll be doing something (sometimes on the phone) ane she'll be all...

(translated for your understanding)

Her: Hey where's your mom?
Me: I dunno
Her: Hey where's your mom?

Then this conversation will happen like four times in 30 seconds until i've had enough of it so i leave.

I feel your pain.

Saraphim
Apr 12, 2006, 06:03 PM
What I hate is when someone calls you, while they are eating. The sounds.... I cringe just thinking about it. Cell phones are even worse. It's like they are actually eating the damn phone! I have actually told people "call me back when you are done eating your phone, bye" in a cheery voice of course. The sarchasim is what really sends it over the top http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 12, 2006, 06:14 PM
I watched a friend call someone while he took a #1 in the bathroom.

Granted this guy is not my friend anymore and I felt lucky to not be the person on the other end of that call!

Another fix.

Apologize to the person on the phone and embarass the person annoying you by saying loudly that your stupid "family member here" is bothering you and ask the person on the phone to speak up.

Make them realize they're being annoying and inconsiderate?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-04-12 16:14 ]</font>

EphekZ
Apr 12, 2006, 11:22 PM
I haved the exact opposite problem. when im trying to watch tv or something my mother gets on the phone and she talks very loud. Seriously it's like trying to watch tv with a vacuum right next to you. When I turn it up she gets LOuder. very very annoying.

Maridia
Apr 12, 2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah, Ryan. I understand completely, and I'm really sorry that happens. I'd try offering suggestions but chances are very high nothing would matter anyway. Good luck. 83

washuguy
Apr 13, 2006, 09:56 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about...

REJ-
Apr 13, 2006, 08:17 PM
I have some similar problems. When I'm on the phone, my younger siblings are often loud enough to overpower the phone at the loudest setting.