PDA

View Full Version : New Sega Console

zandra117
Apr 13, 2006, 10:10 AM
Sega Portble System (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inpactvirtuel.com%2Fa ctu%2Fnews%2FSega-Console-Hedgedog-5640-SEGA-PREPARE-UNE-CONSOLE-PORTABLE-POUR-2007-.htm&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools)

Sega is releasing a new handheld console in 2007!!!

Ketchup edit: Made the link a bit more screen friendly.

Next time you post a link, make sure it is short enough to not require people to scroll to the side of the page.
If it is too long, use the [ url=]description[ /url] tags (without the spaces inside the []s of course).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-04-13 09:53 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Apr 13, 2006, 11:40 AM
Um...is it me or is Sega losing a bit of touch with reality? It's half Nintendo DS, half Sony PS controller. They won't explain how it can play older system games which appeared on card, cart, & CD, yet, it will somehow play them. The battery life is small & yet has some decent processing power behind it? That would definitely eat at battery life. I hope Sega knows what they're doing. They have some pretty serious competition to contend with & alot needs to be brought to the table to make this viable. Sega has never been ahead in the portable market...sadly.

Alucard_Zer0
Apr 13, 2006, 12:33 PM
i thought sega died and was nothing more then a "name" they slap on games. i don't buy it.

Deathscythealpha
Apr 13, 2006, 01:34 PM
Supposedly this is just a hoax, a rather late April Fools joke. Only thing close to a Sega Handheld coming out is a MP3 player that can play Game Gear games.

Deltra
Apr 13, 2006, 02:21 PM
Lol, since when did Sega say they were releasing a new system? I don't believe it, Sega said that they have pulled out of the console market and only develop games now.

OdinTyler
Apr 13, 2006, 02:48 PM
That's true. They did. IF they were creating any form of console now, it would have to be pretty damn good.

darthsaber9x9
Apr 13, 2006, 06:42 PM
I have full confidence that if sega produced a proper home console again that it would probably be great. Of course, I doubt this will happen and it would certainly be hard to justify the budget for such a machine. Not to mention how hard it would be to get development team support.

Anyway, this thing looks like a load of shit to be honest.

ulyoth
Apr 13, 2006, 06:48 PM
Not a chance, sega are starting to do nicely now with home software and the arcades. They're not going to make any more hardware.

Sinue_v2
Apr 13, 2006, 07:22 PM
I don't doubt that Sega will one day return to the hardware market... but I don't believe that it is this day. If anything, Sega will most likely kick back this (and perhaps future) generation and do what they do best now that they've returned to profitability and are aquiring new development houses/publishing contracts. At most, they will continue to do what they're doing now... entering into strategic partnerships with other hardware manufacturers to allow compatability to past Sega consoles.

KodiaX987
Apr 13, 2006, 07:52 PM
That news article was an April Fools. Convo over.