PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Police!

Kano-Okami
Apr 13, 2006, 02:09 PM
I know that a big part of PSU will be fashion oriented, and with a game such as these, fashion do's-&-don'ts are bound to happen.
Discuss how you think the fashion of psu will be?

(tired, I will revise this initial post)

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 13, 2006, 02:45 PM
Just don't go making yourself look like Space Michael. That's already taken if UGA has had a decent hand in this game.

Also, don't remove your clothes (unless you're a beast and you're in the middle of a nano blast. then it's ok.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-04-13 12:45 ]</font>

butzopower
Apr 13, 2006, 02:55 PM
Was it faux pas in PSO to be a HUcast with male gentitalia sticking out of the back of your head? I know, I know... it was supposed to be the single-lock samurai ponytail... but man... it didn't look like that.

OdinTyler
Apr 13, 2006, 03:23 PM
That's the devs fault. Remember the Ultimate version of Dimenians. Sad to say, the first thing I thought of when I saw them was "UGH! THAT'S GROSS! GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!" LMAO

Kano-Okami
Apr 13, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-04-13 13:23, OdinTyler wrote:
That's the devs fault. Remember the Ultimate version of Dimenians. Sad to say, the first thing I thought of when I saw them was "UGH! THAT'S GROSS! GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!" LMAO

I didn't notice it until while I was playing Ep3, with the crazy zoom ins...oh gawd.
But to get back on topic,..wait..no. I'll stay on this detour. I know there are enemy parts you can use to make for nice housing decoration but what about wardrobe?! Oh, the possiblities! here's hoping for a rappy feather coat. xD

DeathMachine
Apr 13, 2006, 04:03 PM
What about Chaos Sorcerer Capes!? What a blinding vision it would be for a Gaudily colored Cast to walk up in one of those!

Kano-Okami
Apr 13, 2006, 04:20 PM
O_O; the sheer beauty of that alone would blind all.
Hmm..That makes me wonder if there will be race/class only garments.
I could see a Cast waltzing around in full Sinow gear.

Kano-Okami
Apr 13, 2006, 06:24 PM
Does anyone think there will be a fashion hierarchy?
unjust prejudice against the stylishly challenged?

Spacepest
Apr 13, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-04-13 12:45, Jonathan_F wrote:
Just don't go making yourself look like Space Michael.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-04-13 12:45 ]</font>

ROFLMAO.

LocWolf
Apr 13, 2006, 09:12 PM
I really hope that there isn't a group of guys criticizing other guys about the color of the outfits that they chose, the game might get a little weird. As a matter of fact.....this topic is getting kinda weird....I gotta go.

OdinTyler
Apr 13, 2006, 09:19 PM
Read my mood for what I might like to wear. LOL

butzopower
Apr 13, 2006, 10:12 PM
On 2006-04-13 19:12, LocWolf wrote:
I really hope that there isn't a group of guys criticizing other guys about the color of the outfits that they chose, the game might get a little weird. As a matter of fact.....this topic is getting kinda weird....I gotta go.

Admit it, you spents hours creating your characters in PSO. One need not be flamboyant to appreciate good style. One need not be colorblind either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

maoZedong
Apr 13, 2006, 10:43 PM
all I know is that my character will look badass...that doesn't mean I'm ***(starts with a g) though!!!...but seriously, it doesn't take a genious to make a cool-looking character...

EDIT: Posted edited for inappropriate language

my posts get edited too much...this never happens on any other forums
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-13 20:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: maoZedong on 2006-04-13 21:08 ]</font>

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 13, 2006, 10:44 PM
On 2006-04-13 16:24, Kano-Okami wrote:
Does anyone think there will be a fashion hierarchy?
unjust prejudice against the stylishly challenged?

isn't there always?

I'm sure Blonde spikey hair humans will never hear the end of it. Bah...

Nameist, Fashionist. They'll always exsist.

And then the cults, All reds, all blacks, All blues etc...

Oh well, i just hope. I hope! That i'll be able to give my characters the clothes i want, or they have them. but i donno, here's hoping right?

Wait, will there be rare clothes that you can buy only at certain times?

Also since PSU is going to be SO big, i wonder how much money Sonic Team is gonna make from this.

DizzyDi
Apr 13, 2006, 10:48 PM
XxGokuxX with spikey blonde hair and kung-fu kicking akshun!
DarkSephiroth with long flowing girly platinum blonde hair with lame RP emoting akshun!
And now introducing! Orange uniformed Naruto wanna-be! With shtoopid lame japanese phrases akshun! KAWAII HENTAI BAKA indeed!
More to come!

Ifrian
Apr 13, 2006, 10:50 PM
Well , i will try to make my character as unique as possible
My favorite colors are
Black , withe , red , yellow , orange , silver

Im not sure yet tho wich ones i will use.

voxie
Apr 14, 2006, 03:08 PM
I'll have my character wear what I actually do or would go for wearing, in real life. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kano-Okami
Apr 15, 2006, 01:08 PM
I'm going to try to re-create my FOnewm & FOmar with an extra splash of new style, or atleast in the beginning.
Who knows what kind of awe inspiring clothes you get.

And I know everyone's been wondering this question or thought of it atleast once
will wings be an available item?
I want wings! ;-;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-04-15 11:25 ]</font>

coomdoom
Apr 15, 2006, 02:17 PM
On 2006-04-13 12:09, Kano-Okami wrote:
I know that a big part of PSU will be fashion oriented, and with a game such as these, fashion do's-&-don'ts are bound to happen.
Discuss how you think the fashion of psu will be?

(tired, I will revise this initial post)

Well you need a PSU version of Trinny & Susannah. Google them to find out about them.

vitius137
Apr 15, 2006, 02:22 PM
im gonna try to make Ichigo (from Bleach) as my HUmar. I hope they have black robes.......

OdinTyler
Apr 15, 2006, 05:57 PM
I'm just hoping for robes in general. Robes, shrouds, with hoods, without hoods, etc. I'd like to see more garment-type costumes instead of all the metal plating. Some of the best dressed RPG chars wore unique cloth items.

ANIMEniac
Apr 15, 2006, 06:13 PM
well i hope ppl will have more class and have a decent amount of girl characters in reasonable clothes. as a guy, i dont think cleavage showing is all that bad... but to go into battle in a bikini??? that is how HUnewearls became the garden tool class (if u dont get it dont worry bout it). i will plan to have atleast a guy and a girl character, my two main chars from PSO. and though my girls might have "nice purportions" she will also be wearing clothes that are fit for battle. oh and my guy will just look FLIPPIN' AWSUM. all of this to say... just cause it is a game dosent mean you cant be modest... and not pick the yellow1 or black2 outfits for the females (if u have or had a HUnewearl, u know what 2 outfits im talking about)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ANIMEniac on 2006-04-15 16:15 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Apr 15, 2006, 06:47 PM
Yep, I know. You should see how my HUnewearl looks right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Well, if you want to see how classy a female char can be, wait til my PSO main enters PSU. Enhanced by higher graphics & more costume choices, I'm hoping for a traditional Japanese look, but, still battle-ready. Just think female samurai (cause she is). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kyunji
Apr 15, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-04-15 16:13, ANIMEniac wrote:
well i hope ppl will have more class and have a decent amount of girl characters in reasonable clothes. as a guy, i dont think cleavage showing is all that bad... but to go into battle in a bikini??? that is how HUnewearls became the garden tool class (if u dont get it dont worry bout it). i will plan to have atleast a guy and a girl character, my two main chars from PSO. and though my girls might have "nice purportions" she will also be wearing clothes that are fit for battle. oh and my guy will just look FLIPPIN' AWSUM. all of this to say... just cause it is a game dosent mean you cant be modest... and not pick the yellow1 or black2 outfits for the females (if u have or had a HUnewearl, u know what 2 outfits im talking about)

I agree. Most video game developers are male, and it shows, such as with the yellow outfit you mentioned. It gets to the point of being almost ridiculous sometimes - in PSO, the HUmar version of a certain type of clothing is full-body armor, while the HUmarl "equivalent" is only slightly above being a bikini. Not to take this off topic, but now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever played or even heard of a video game in which women were accurately represented. This is probably because, similarly to the game developers, most gamers are male.

Back on the main topic, I don't know exactly what I want my character(s) to wear yet. Regardless of my plans, I'll probably end up wearing the default clothes for the entire game. =P

maoZedong
Apr 15, 2006, 10:58 PM
"dude, if I got a chick on the game I'd make her look like a sL*t cause in real life I can't get a girl" -thoughts of many gamers...me on the other hand, "a chick that's hot and kicks @$$ is the best video game character ev4r!"...

vitius137
Apr 15, 2006, 11:34 PM
i agree..... people who just make female characters and show off bust all the time instead of being a positive part of the community are really annoying. not to mention some of them actually say they are girls......... thats just retarded. i also like a look thats appealing but not unreasonable. (ill make a FOnewearl but no idea what to name her http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif)

Blitzkommando
Apr 15, 2006, 11:53 PM
So long as berets and cavalry pants with knee boots are still in fashion, I'll be fine.

maoZedong
Apr 16, 2006, 09:59 AM
On sundays I play with girl characters because I sometimes like to pretend I'm a girl...

kidding^^ haha

EspioKaos
Apr 16, 2006, 08:15 PM
I think for my beast character I'll try to model him to look as close to myself as possible. I'm probably going to stick with the tradtional Moatoob clothing style: long pants, boots, and a sleeveless vest to show off how buff my guns are. ::flex:: XD
For the rest of his look I plan on doing away with the ponytail that my main PSO character Zeke had and go with a buzzcut. I recently cut my ponytail I'd been growing for over ten years and shaved my head, so I think I'll have my character's look reflect that. And I'm definitely going to make sure he's got muttonchop sideburns. I just hope there's a variation of them that doesn't have the stubbly goatee to go along with them. If not, no big deal, though.

maoZedong
Apr 17, 2006, 12:05 AM
there's tons of stuff you can do...man, my dude will have a mullet...

that's what you should have done for a day before you shaved your head LOL!

drago171
May 6, 2006, 01:39 PM
And so it begins...
im gonna be on some G status, do you think ethan's original clothes from the offline portion of the game will cost a lot, cause if they in my price range im gonna make the hoody black and white with pure white sneakers and white with black pants and im gonna wear a different set of clothes everyday.

Zorafim
May 6, 2006, 02:46 PM
For clothing, I'd like nothing better than light armor and capes. I'm probably going to be better off making a cast for that...

Tycho
May 6, 2006, 03:22 PM
Fashion? Irrelevant. Being cool means being capable of creating a distinct style.

Stepper
May 6, 2006, 05:43 PM
You know what they say...
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Well in any case, I'm not going to dwell over how my character will look until I'm actually making one. I'm not one to make fun of someone else's character choice, but if there's going to be things that will be frowned upon, then I'm making sure that I stay away from them.

Reystradamus
May 6, 2006, 06:58 PM
i dont really care about clothes...i rather see everybody with a unique style and name...please no street figher names.....or 250people with the name goku...thas annoying

Sev
May 6, 2006, 07:45 PM
It's so much better to think up your own character then to use someone elses in my opinion. Especially since you'll end up with other people doing the same thing. Doesn't really matter though, I expect it already.

I really do want a long coat and a cape like garment. And I want bandages.

linkzone
May 6, 2006, 10:24 PM
i want black boots, cammie pants, and a green shirt. that would kick ass, oorah M Fers. thats what im taking bout. but i also hope any clothes you buy can be used offline too. cause i know items or weapons cant, but its only clothes, so im hoping i can use them at least in extra mode.

Miphesto
May 7, 2006, 01:28 AM
lmfao my first char was a RAmar...blue with spikey blond hair named SSgoku

Sessilu
May 7, 2006, 04:11 AM
Lol, fashion oriented eh?
I have my Naruto, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist and so on ideas
( Best three animes ever xD )
And well, i will go just for naruto, he ownz XD

Sinue_v2
May 7, 2006, 05:20 AM
as a guy, i dont think cleavage showing is all that bad... but to go into battle in a bikini???

I agree. Most video game developers are male, and it shows

Well, to be fair... that's how Numans traditionally look. Nei, NeiFirst Rika, NM-2011... they all wore rather skimpy outfits (http://www.ill-intent.com/issue01p29.htm). HUnewears are just following tradition. A tradition, by the way, which was set partially by Rieko Kodama - the female creator of the Phantasy Star franchise.

Since my character will be a traditional numan, you can also expect her to wear some rather skimpy outfits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-05-07 03:27 ]</font>

linkzone
May 7, 2006, 08:29 AM
On 2006-05-06 23:28, Miphesto wrote:
lmfao my first char was a RAmar...blue with spikey blond hair named SSgoku

please tell me your joking bout the goku part, you know like 99,000 people will use that name too.

REJ-
May 7, 2006, 04:21 PM
SSGOKU4EVA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/Shadowpawn/Random%20Stuff/icon_discko.gif

Unique names are a fashion of their own.

Jaleigha
May 7, 2006, 05:14 PM
I's been 3 years since I have played PSO, and I'm really excited about PSU. We (me and my son) already put our deposit down.

Being female, I really hope they have some decent clothing options this time. I'll probably be bringing Ja'Leigha (FOnewearl) back to life, and Semira (HUnewearl ). Hopefully Semira will be dressed more appropriately this time.

RFB
May 7, 2006, 05:33 PM
Oh, dont worry. It's not that there are decent clothes for females. It's that the skimpy ones are completely gone. At least in the beta. And anyway, you can always do a FOcaseal, those can never be in skimpy outfits! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tystys
May 7, 2006, 05:56 PM
There were skimpy outfits in PSO? How could you tell, they were in 1998 graphics, -_-

Nuclearranger
May 7, 2006, 08:44 PM
kinda dissapointing you cant make a ramar hump though n.n

VelosofLight
May 7, 2006, 11:35 PM
Well, someone should just make a Clan called the 'Graarl System Fashion Police,' or something. And go around ticketing people like total ass-butts.

Also, I forgot the exact name of the system so I just took a guess.